The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

5 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I don't know much about Pokka but I know that aside from the top 3 dman on Chicago they have absolutely nothing and Pokka if he were any spectacular why wouldn't he be playing with Chicago? 

1st + Pokka for Hamhuis would be fine but throwing Vrbata too? Basically we're getting nothing for Vrbata.

Because the Hawks would rather Pokka play top pairing minutes in the AHL so he develops properly and he can make the jump next year, which he will because I doubt they'll bring back Rozsival after this season.

1 minute ago, canadiangunner said:

Pokka, 1st and another prospect is what I would want in a return for vrbata and hamhuis.

Bowman hangs up.

Both Hammer and Vrbata are UFAs after this season.  Chicago isn't so desperate to give up that many long term assets for a few weeks of rental players.  That Hammer has been so adamant about wanting to be in Vancouver makes it pretty clear to Chicago, or anyone else, he likely won't sign elsewhere unless Vancouver doesn't make him an offer.

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Finns are like Canadian Euro's :P

Fully agree!  Was thinking this when they've been bashing Grans.  The finish hockey program has been putting out some very high quality players of late.  I don't care where they come from as long as they compete hard and hate to lose 

Just now, Mustapha said:

Define 'better'. Russell is better at blocking shots and getting in on offensive plays.

Hamhuis eats a lot of minutes and is arguably superior defensively, but that is negated by the fact that Chicago plays a puck possession game, so they would want to generate offense with the puck, not sit back and defend

Blocking shots can be a bad stat at times. It could mean that you are being hemmed up in your own zone constantly. I remember an insider stating that. 

Hamhuis would be used on a defensive role on the 2nd pairing and can get the puck out of his own zone. He is arguably a better fit and the better defenseman in his own zone.

As the old saying goes defense wins you championships.

Some of you are to lunch.

Did you forget the part where these two are rentals? 

A 1st + a prospect + additional picks like some of you are suggesting is ridiculous. No wonder there was so much undeserved outrage at the Granlund trade. We'd be lucky to get Pokka + 2nd for Hamhuis/Vrbata.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Bowman hangs up.

Both Hammer and Vrbata are UFAs after this season.  Chicago isn't so desperate to give up that many long term assets for a few weeks of rental players.  That Hammer has been so adamant about wanting to be in Vancouver makes it pretty clear to Chicago, or anyone else, he likely won't sign elsewhere unless Vancouver doesn't make him an offer.

Their UFA status doesn't matter. Hammer is arguably the best dman on the market. He's going to fetch a late 1st and good prospect.

Vrbata is worth a 3rd round pick, maybe more given that Chicago's 3rd rounder could be 90th overall.

Just now, SvenBae said:

A 1st + a prospect + additional picks like some of you are suggesting is ridiculous. No wonder there was so much undeserved outrage at the Granlund trade. We'd be lucky to get Pokka + 2nd for Hamhuis/Vrbata.

Insiders said 1st and top prospect for both.

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

Their UFA status doesn't matter. Hammer is arguably the best dman on the market. He's going to fetch a late 1st and good prospect.

Vrbata is worth a 3rd round pick, maybe more given that Chicago's 3rd rounder could be 90th overall.

Giving up long term assets for short term help always matters and influences the deal.

Hey, if Benning can grab what you suggest, I will be thrilled and give you credit where due.

1 minute ago, SvenBae said:

So Hammer + Vrby for Pokka + 55-60th overall pick? No thanks.

6 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Bowman hangs up.

I don't think you understand how this works...

Archived