The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predictions: Who stays?

RetroCanuck

5 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

Ppl are overblowing Burrs contract like it's a Clarkson, Phenuef thing when it's not even close. 

Remains to be seen if he can be traded. Maybe if Nucks retain salary.  Regardless, Bur's situation is nothing like the two you have named, as he only has 1yr left on his contract.  I don't think he hurts the team if he's here next season. 

30 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

Below top 5 then. I won't lose sleep over anything below a top 3 pick if it's in play for a Harmonic or Drouin

I dont think Benning is stupid enough to trade a top 5 pick for Hamonic or Drouin, Benning already said no to a Horvat-Drouin trade I'm assuming he would say the same to a chychrun or tkachuk for drouin.

I might be a minority but I don't think Hamonic is worth 5th overall or anything close

14 hours ago, LolClarkson said:

Its all about speeding up the process here. Our 2016 first could likely be in play for Droiun or Harmonic.

If you think Benning would deal our high 1st for Drouin I think you need to lay off the koolaid.

19 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

I'd like to see the end of the Burrows,Edler,Hamhuis,Higgins,Weber era

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Lucic-Horvat-Virtanen

Baerschi-Granlund-Hansen

Gaunce-McCann-Grenier

Etem,Rodin

Hutton-Hamonic

Pedan-Tryamkin

Chyrun-Tanev

Sbisa-Biega

Marky

Bach-up

Best post this week.   100 %.    Time to begin the next era of our club.  Fans want to see it.

13 hours ago, LolClarkson said:

what if we were picking below the top 10 ?

That would possibly change things, you are right.  The difference between and Matthews and Laine and then Dubois is obvious, but so is the difference betwee Chychrun and someone like Jake Bean or even Sergachev.  If we pick in the 5 to 8 range,  I believe that the player we choose will start next Fall.  After 10 or 12? Probably not.  But, do you see this team beating teams that are going to the playoffs or who may need points to assure a spot?  Only Tor, Edmonton and the Blue Jackets and possibly Buff will finish worse than us, I think.  But if we do poorly in the lottery we could possibly pick 9th or 10th I think.  Which makes your point an important one. 

This is a good question.  I believe it all comes down to who the team drafts and what else happens in the summer.

1. Draft: it is a lottery, we will be in it.  Either Laine or Dubois or Chychrun or Sergachev (I ran the lottery simulator mega times -- a blast -- and projected our finish and these were the names that came up over and over.  I didn't pick 1st in 16 tries lol.  Tkachuk and Juolevi also showed up, but less often.   In the second round we get another decent D, possibly Logan Stanley.  66% chance both of these players start next year, at the very least Laine/Chych or Dubois/Serg start.

2. Burrows retires in the Summer.  He won't want to sit in the press box -- too proud.  Good for him.  Big celebration in October.

Burr may be bought out -- is there a way for Burr to be partly bought out and partly retired?  probably not.

3.  The shock of landing Laine/Chyrch or Dubois/Serg gets us all pretty excited, even JB and TL.  Nothing else happens other than Burr retiring.

4. Come Fall Training, the team is optimistic and reloaded with a lot of youth vying for positions.  Two of Rodin, Tryamkin and Pedan make the team,  Gaunce sticks as do Etem, Granlund, McCann (who has trained with Roberts and Horvat and looks more like one of them) and of course Virtanen, who has lost 4 pounds of body fat.  They have a winning record in the pre-season, and Chychrun puts Edmonton's Juolevi through the boards.  We all look at each other and realize this is not your Dad's Canucks.

1 hour ago, Positive Canuck said:

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Lucic-Horvat-Virtanen

Baerschi-Granlund-Hansen

Gaunce-McCann-Grenier

Etem,Rodin

Hutton-Hamonic

Pedan-Tryamkin

Chyrun-Tanev

Sbisa-Biega

Marky

Bach-up

You think Lucic will sign here?  I agree that if Miller, Burr and the other wasted money is gone, we could afford this.

(IMO, Lucic fits better with the Sedins, he skates at their pace and would clear out some space for them.)

51 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Best post this week.   100 %.    Time to begin the next era of our club.  Fans want to see it.

Look at the size and renewal on D in the posted line up.  Even if we don't get Hamonic, the team is hugely improved.  The difference in size and sense of renewal is fantastic.

Well looking at the deadline my guess is that everybody on the roster stays but the Comets players are in trouble as we need players closer to the show. I'd hope this means Edler and Hansen because I feel they could be replaced either through youth or UFA. Hansens cheap cap hit and great production this year could fetch a nice return but really he is a great bottom 6 guy thriving with two great players. Sign a guy like Okposo to play with the twins and replace Hansen on the bottom 6 with one of Gaunce, Grenier, Rodin or Kenins. Its asset management!

1 hour ago, gameburn said:

You think Lucic will sign here?  I agree that if Miller, Burr and the other wasted money is gone, we could afford this.

(IMO, Lucic fits better with the Sedins, he skates at their pace and would clear out some space for them.)

Doubt he will sign here, no UFAs i want, ever do, that being said ill take Lucic anywhere in the TOP 6 and who better to ensure the Twins get some breathing room and respect than Milan out there on his off-Wing sniping 35 ginos a year

Sedin-Sedin-Lucic

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser would be sick.

1 minute ago, Positive Canuck said:

Doubt he will sign here, no UFAs i want, ever do, that being said ill take Lucic anywhere in the TOP 6 and who better to ensure the Twins get some breathing room and respect than Milan out there on his off-Wing sniping 35 ginos a year

Sedin-Sedin-Lucic

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser would be sick.

Totally.

6 hours ago, LolClarkson said:

I dunno man. Just imagine our worst nightmare. A Cam Barker type pick. It happens

It's always a possibility.

I've criticized Benning a lot over the last few weeks, but if there is anything I do have some faith in, it's his drafting.

15 hours ago, Lui's Knob said:

Linden confirmed Willie is back next year... :/

Really, having watched the youngsters improve all year was it ever in doubt? I don't think so, we would have to be mad to throw the dice ON ANYONE when Desjardins is doing all he was asked to do and more.

The way Jake has played immediately after WD came out and just about inflated his tyres to bust point was nothing short of a masterclass. Much as I liked AV, I could never have seen him react like that.

Players under contract

D.Sedin, H.Sedin, Sutter, Burrows, Hansen, Dorsett, Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, Gaunce, Edler, Tanev, Sbisa, Hutton, Biega, Miller, Markstrom....Higgins

RFA's (and will require to pass through waivers to be sent to AHL)

Baertschi, Granlund, Vey, Etem, Pedan, Grenier, Kenins,

Extra's

Tryamkin, Rodin, Larsen

That's 28 players, excluding any extra UFA signings (lucic) or resigning any of our own UFA's (Hamhuis), and somehow we have to start next season with 23.  Which 5 will go?

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Players under contract

D.Sedin, H.Sedin, Sutter, Burrows, Hansen, Dorsett, Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, Gaunce, Edler, Tanev, Sbisa, Hutton, Biega, Miller, Markstrom....Higgins

RFA's (and will require to pass through waivers to be sent to AHL)

Baertschi, Granlund, Vey, Etem, Pedan, Grenier, Kenins,

Extra's

Tryamkin, Rodin, Larsen

That's 28 players, excluding any extra UFA signings (lucic) or resigning any of our own UFA's (Hamhuis), and somehow we have to start next season with 23.  Which 5 will go?

OK i will give it a whirl.

5 players that are not on Canucks next Sept 

Burrows - retires / contract bought out

HIggins -  AHL

Kenins - AHL

Biega - AHL

Grenier  -  AHL 

On 3/5/2016 at 3:57 PM, Positive Canuck said:

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Lucic-Horvat-Virtanen

Baerschi-Granlund-Hansen

Gaunce-McCann-Grenier

Etem,Rodin

Hutton-Hamonic

Pedan-Tryamkin

Chyrun-Tanev

Sbisa-Biega

Marky

Bach-up

Tryamkin in the top 4 and Tanev regressed to 3rd pairing? How about we see how these guys perform before handing Pedan and Tryamkin full time NHL jobs, let alone top 4. 

Archived