The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - Kings vs Canucks - 7:30pm PST

AriGold

Only way Canucks win this game is if Miller (I'm assuming) stands on his head,or LA takes the Canucks too lightly..It is a depleted squad....I'm also in the camp of shutting Henrik Sedin for the rest of the season...We need him healthy for next season,I don't see much point in playing him for the remainder of this meaningless stretch.

1 hour ago, AriGold said:

Edmonton has always had the theory to take the best player available.

I hope they keep doing it this year as it's clearly not working.

They Coilers keep taking the player whom THEY think is the best player available.  They got it right ONCE out of FOUR times when picking first.

1 hour ago, theminister said:

I think it has mostly to do with cap and roster space. They also have limited call-ups of 4 from Utica, one of which they have used on Gaunce already.

I wouldn't read too much into a delay of one game, especially at this point of this season, while they assess their injuries and look to get Tryamkin on the roster.

It's just a matter of juggling for a few days. If Pedan gets called up in the next 48 hours would that allay your fears?

Gaunce is an emergency call-up and doesn't count against the 4 call-up limit - as soon as all forwards are healthy he will need to be returned to Utica.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:
Lines at morning skate:
D.Sedin-Vey-Etem
            Baertschi-Granlund-Virtanen
            Gaunce-Horvat-Dorsett
            Burrows-McCann-Vrbata

Why in blue hell is Granlund getting second centre line minutes over Horvat?

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is he going 2nd or 5th or later?  I wonder if Edmonton will take him over any forward not named Austin Matthews?  Although the Oilers could use a guy like Tkutchuk too.

All the credible ratings seem to have consensus on the top 4: Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi and Tkachuk. I don't seen anyone going off the board for the first 4 picks. After that things get a bit more iffy but, given the ratings it seems pretty clear that Chychrun and Juolevi will go in the 5 - 8 range. Nylander probably goes in that range as well. Aside from that it is much less clear but Sergechev will almost certainly go in the top 12. So if the Canucks pick outside the top 4 but inside the top 10 I think they go with whichever D is remaining and highest on their list: Chychrun, Juolevi, or Sergechev.

But it is important to lose tonight.

The problem with not trading Hammer is that, not only do the Canucks not get an extra pick and prospect, but that are also a better team and won't tank as successfully. Hammer has played well since coming back from injury. I think the Canucks should re-sign him now and then tell him to take the rest of the season off.

I wouldn't look too much into what the lines and pairings are for the rest of the season.

We're no longer playing to get to the playoffs or getting ready for the playoffs.

So as long as our team plays with effort and avoids further injuries, Miller can play 1st line centre for all I care.::D

Archived