The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things you thought when you were a kid

Where's Wellwood

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That society was just.

People were successful based on hard work, being polite, sticking up for others.

We were trying to end racism, and other stupid pursuits.

Everyone had the goal of making a better world for everyone.

We'd have flying cars.

That we'd have moon bases by 2010.

I'd be married, have a small house in Whistler or Hawaii. I'd be surfing or skiing every day then going to work.

As I grew up I found, greed, and ignorance is rampant. 

All the ethics, and environmentalism in college they said was important was lip service.

Innovation, science, learning, has been replaced by stupidity, fear, and extremes of religion and politics.

People don't discuss anymore, it's all anger, 

I'd love to go back to carefree summer days, of running barefoot in the grass jumping through sprinklers.

That lying in the back yard enjoying sun and watching the clouds drift by was more fun than the internet. 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That society was just.

People were successful based on hard work, being polite, sticking up for others.

We were trying to end racism, and other stupid pursuits.

Everyone had the goal of making a better world for everyone.

We'd have flying cars.

That we'd have moon bases by 2010.

I'd be married, have a small house in Whistler or Hawaii. I'd be surfing or skiing every day then going to work.

As I grew up I found, greed, and ignorance is rampant. 

All the ethics, and environmentalism in college they said was important was lip service.

Innovation, science, learning, has been replaced by stupidity, fear, and extremes of religion and politics.

People don't discuss anymore, it's all anger, 

I'd love to go back to carefree summer days, of running barefoot in the grass jumping through sprinklers.

That lying in the back yard enjoying sun and watching the clouds drift by was more fun than the internet. 

If you do that now, your nosy neighbours will turn in your parents citing neglect.

4 hours ago, Heretic said:

When I was young....we used to have to get up an hour before we went to sleep to do chores.

:lol:

When I was young, I never would have guessed that 40 years after cheering for the same team they would still not have a championship.

When I was young, I fully expected that mankind would have interstellar travel and that I could take a vacation in space when I got older.

Technically you can take a vaction into space, it just cost you a couple million dollars

Just now, Kazmanian Devil said:

I thought Nickelback and Kid Rock made decent music

wow ur scuch an bagnwagon and follower, no friends.  u prolly only listen to beber and ladie gage

nicklebkac is a top tier badn dumo.

this is how you remind me <3...for u it should be this is how you remind me of an h8er

Don Sweeney in NHL Blades of Steel 2000 for PSX looked like he was 300 pounds in his picture/avatar in the rosters.

So naturally, there was a point in time where I thought goalies were fat and players could be fat....

Thankfully, Kyle Wellwood in 2009 training camp confirmed my thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

wow ur scuch an bagnwagon and follower, no friends.  u prolly only listen to beber and ladie gage

nicklebkac is a top tier badn dumo.

this is how you remind me <3...for u it should be this is how you remind me of an h8er

I only listen to good bands like Creed and Theory of a Dead Man

On 15/03/2016 at 1:43 AM, Mikey2Dope said:

I think when most people are kids you generally think "Oh he's an adult so he must be so smart and know everything."

Then you get older and quickly realize how wrong you were. You quickly realize that, now matter how old some people are, there are just some insanely stupid people who lack common sense.

Oh man that first part applies to me. I think I started realizing early though, when I was 19 maybe? 

I think people like you and I thought this because our parents had their $&!# togather. Once I got into the real world I realized I was lucky to have parents like mine. Also realized that the majority of people are not really up to my standards. 

Archived