The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Yakupov requested trade out of Edmonton

Can't say I blame him for wanting out, I imagine he could have done pretty well had he been drafted elsewhere. And he's an offensive player, can't say I blame him for wanting to play to what have historically been his strengths either.

He'll likely be be part of a package for some help on d.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah, I'm thinking he goes to the East. He could fit in nicely well on some teams there.

Maybe oilers try and go after Beaulieu, although I think Habs brass are pretty high on him.

We don't have the assets. JB won't give up young roster players, Demko/Boeser should be untouchable, already traded Shink, and Utica has been poached of talent. Only real trade chip is Gaunce. 

It would be interesting to see where he goes. This will be an entertaining off-season.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Can't blame him for wanting out.  Team just doesn't seem to improve, and located in the worst city in the entire NHL. 

I don't even think it's that.  Poor kid is facing yet another #1/2/3 pick for his team, which will keep him off the team's top 6 for the foreseeable future.  Yak is definately not a 3/4 liner. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I don't see them wanting or needing more picks, or even forwards.

If they trade one of their top young players, it will likely be for a D-man. Whether it be part of a package for Hamonic or another D-man I'm not sure. But D will be the main focus this offseason for the Oilers.

Yeah but why trade Yakupov when you can trade Eberle and/or Nugent Hopkins who have more value. Plus you add in Matthews possibly?

The forwards are stacked. Goalie is decent. Maybe just go hard after a UFA D and say look at our firepower up front.

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

We don't have the assets. JB won't give up young roster players, Demko/Boeser should be untouchable, already traded Shink, and Utica has been poached of talent. Only real trade chip is Gaunce. 

It would be interesting to see where he goes. This will be an entertaining off-season.

We're talking Yakupov not McDavid. We got the pieces to put a trade together for Yak. Some pieces that might be worthwhile to add in a trade as they have to clear waivers next year are Grenier and Pedan. Also I think it would be worthwhile to move Hansen while his value is as high as it will ever be. Gotta make room next year for Gaunce and Rodin.

Archived