The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Yakupov requested trade out of Edmonton

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

He is in no position to ask or anything ... 

What?

He's been exceptional in handling his situation in Edmonton. 3 years, he's taken everything on the chin and hasn't been a distraction or done any sort of outburst or complained. That's more than any other player would have done in his shoes considering the circumstance of where he was drafted and how poorly he's been deployed and utilized.

...more than welcome to request a trade. Has all the right in the world to especially since he's done nothing wrong.

29 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

What?

He's been exceptional in handling his situation in Edmonton. 3 years, he's taken everything on the chin and hasn't been a distraction or done any sort of outburst or complained. That's more than any other player would have done in his shoes considering the circumstance of where he was drafted and how poorly he's been deployed and utilized.

...more than welcome to request a trade. Has all the right in the world to especially since he's done nothing wrong.

You love Russians or something?  Yak is easily, hands down, the WORST #1 overall pick in the last 10 years!

1 minute ago, Neversummer said:

You love Russians or something?  Yak is easily, hands down, the WORST #1 overall pick in the last 10 years!

No. In fact I'm actually one of those who prefers Canadian's over Russian's and gives them a tough time. That has nothing to do with what I said but just saying anyways.

...yea, and a large part has to do with the Oilers mismanagement of him. 

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

No. In fact I'm actually one of those who prefers Canadian's over Russian's and gives them a tough time. That has nothing to do with what I said but just saying anyways.

...yea, and a large part has to do with the Oilers mismanagement of him. 

No ... McDavid says hi.  He seems to be doing OK on a crappy team.  

3 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

McDavid is getting top minutes. Yakupov getting a tryout with McDavid doesn't prove anything. Bottom 6 minutes for the most part is mismanagement. 

Oh so coach should give Yak 20 mins and see what he does?  ... right.  Your comments and analysis in NFL thread are far more astute.    

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

A top offensive talent not thriving with bottom 6 minutes? Shocking. 

Look, the reason why he dropped down to the bottom 6 is because he didn't perform on the top 6.  How hard is that for you to understand?

Just watch what Edm gets in return in terms of offers for this guy.  

29 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't even think it's that.  Poor kid is facing yet another #1/2/3 pick for his team, which will keep him off the team's top 6 for the foreseeable future.  Yak is definately not a 3/4 liner. 

No, THIS guy was a 1st overall just 4 years ago with plenty of time to reach better totals by being an elite presence and a large factor when he is one the ice....synonymous to "where/what city he plays" or "who else is on the team. "

If I'm Chiarelli, he is dealt at the draft.

he has already been in the nhl 4 years . it is longer than i realized

he really has not developed

he likely will stick in the league a while

but cannot be looked on as an elite prospect anymore

i think at best he can still become good

but i would not give up much for him

he does not feel or seem to be much different than baertschi actually

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

Look, the reason why he dropped down to the bottom 6 is because he didn't perform on the top 6.  How hard is that for you to understand?

Just watch what Edm gets in return in terms of offers for this guy.  

Well last year when he played with Derek Roy and finally put up some numbers he said something along the lines of "it's nice to finally play with a decent center." 

Hes sorta like edmonton's version of Kassian, but even more of an enigma.

39 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Well last year when he played with Derek Roy and finally put up some numbers he said something along the lines of "it's nice to finally play with a decent center." 

Hes sorta like edmonton's version of Kassian, but even more of an enigma.

Edmonton's version of Kassian??

Archived