The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks are not getting Auston Matthews or the Fins!

8 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Why is this clown not suspended yet? Gtfo already. I repeatedly have to step away from the Internet after reading this guys ridiculous posts. This dude causes headaches. He's like Skip Bayless on drugs. 

Ya there needs to be an ignore option...

I always hesitate opening a desi thread thinking that this could be the one that won't cause me to taste my own bile.

You disappoint me desi, and I was wrong again.

Sorry des, but all 14 non-playoff teams have "a chance", and we're getting a first rounder, regardless of how hard you want to troll.

And by the way, threads lacking substance will generally be locked, which helps you maintain your 50% threads locked to created ratio. So go crawl back from whence you came.

42 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Yes, this thread is needed. This thread is for those fans who are holding a belief that the Canucks' will win the draft lottery. Not a freaking chance! sorry guys I don't want you to be heart broken, this is the Canucks' we are talking about. Time to go back to reality.

Reasons why Canucks' will not win the draft lottery.

a) With Tanev in the line up he gives this team mediocrity

B,  Sedins' are great regular season players and they will make sure this team doesn't end up in the bottom.

c) Old man Miller has the capability of standing on his head and winning games on his own

I made this thread because i know lots of fans are holding hope on a 1st rounder,and I don't want them to be heart broken. Not happening this team will go .500 before the end of the season. I am so confident the Canucks' will not win 1st overall, that I will say if somehow they do, I will leave this forum until February of 2017. 

whos in charge of the draft lottery? We need to take some hostages

2 minutes ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

Technically, as of right now they have a 9.5% chance.

With Tanev returning we are not going to keep losing at the rate we were. The team can actaully play a average game now.

they played decent yesterday, and I have no reason to believe they will stop anytime soon. The Sedins and Hansen are committed to not finish in the bottom.

this is reality im sorry I had to make this thread.

30 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Why is this clown not suspended yet? Gtfo already. I repeatedly have to step away from the Internet after reading this guys ridiculous posts. This dude causes headaches. He's like Skip Bayless on drugs. 

hahahahaha

Here's 2 reasons that I think the Canucks have a better chance at winning the lottery than most of you think: 

1.) Edmonton will not win the lottery this year. Quote me on it. No matter what happens, the NHL will tweak it so the Oilers can't win. Having them win 5 times in 6 years will lose too much revenue from the anger of league wide fans. In my opinion, Toronto has a somewhat similar situation. They have some great players coming up in Nylander, Reilly, Marner, Holland + whoever they draft this year. Having Mike Babcock as HC and being in one of the best markets in the league also back up this point about Toronto. To top it all off, there's a 'good' chance that Stamkos will be a Leaf come July 1st. The league is such a tight little community (as shown in the leaked emails this week) that they probably already have a decent idea of where he's headed. I don't think the league would ever award them with all they have coming in the near future.

2.) Besides maybe the Blue Jackets, the Canucks easily have the least brightest future of the current bottom 5 teams. They lack a true 'franchise player' that will bring help bring this passionate fanbase a cup. The NHL may not love the Canucks, but I can tell you one thing, they love money. If the Canucks win the lottery, you can sure bet we will be right up there with the other bottom teams future. 

Nothing is is written in stone, and I understand that we could close out the season 5-0-0, but we all know this team isn't capable of doing that given what the schedule is for us as shown in the last 10ish games. 

Just my opinion, and I could be total bonkers, but I think we have a half-decent shot, or at least a better chance than some of you are suggesting. 

58 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Yes, this thread is needed. This thread is for those fans who are holding a belief that the Canucks' will win the draft lottery. Not a freaking chance! sorry guys I don't want you to be heart broken, this is the Canucks' we are talking about. Time to go back to reality.

Reasons why Canucks' will not win the draft lottery.

a) With Tanev in the line up he gives this team mediocrity

B,  Sedins' are great regular season players and they will make sure this team doesn't end up in the bottom.

c) Old man Miller has the capability of standing on his head and winning games on his own

I made this thread because i know lots of fans are holding hope on a 1st rounder,and I don't want them to be heart broken. Not happening this team will go .500 before the end of the season. I am so confident the Canucks' will not win 1st overall, that I will say if somehow they do, I will leave this forum until February of 2017. 

damnnn desi back at it again with the dumbass comments and threaaaads

I don't even really care if we get Matthews. He's a little overrated imo. He's no Eichel.

Would rather have one of the 2 Finns. If we got 1st overall I'd rather trade down for the 2nd or 3rd overall and get a decent player or prospect along with the pick.

Not totally sold on Tkachuk either. Going to be a good player, but I think he'll end up more as a complimentary player than one who drives play.

For me it goes

Laine

Puljujarvi

Matthews

Chychrun

Tkachuk

All i know is we better keep losing and secure a top 5 pick. If we don't this would be such a bad and embarrassing season.

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Potential win/win here.  Canucks get Matthews AND CDC lose Desi.

I think it should be the other way around. If we don't get 1st, desi leaves, and if we do, he stays.

This way currently it's just two losses at the same time.

My way, its like "ah damn we didn't get Matthews, but Puljujarvi and no desi is a good consolation."

OR "damn desi is still here, but at least we have Matthews!"

Archived