The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks are not getting Auston Matthews or the Fins!

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

(with clenched fists & stamping feet)..I'll root for whatever team I CHOOSE, Mister!

Just watch any of Laine's highlights from the World Jrs. and you will see number 9 (puj) doing all of the work to spoonfeed Laine tap ins.

I know one tournament is not his whole body of work...but it is telling of how dominant Puj is that he is able to be all over the ice and just distribute gimmies to Laine (I am not denying Laine's talent to get into these scoring areas, just that Puj is the more dynamic force on the ice.)

Just now, NEON.KNEE said:

Just watch any of Laine's highlights from the World Jrs. and you will see number 9 (puj) doing all of the work to spoonfeed Laine tap ins.

I know one tournament is not his whole body of work...but it is telling of how dominant Puj is that he is able to be all over the ice and just distribute gimmies to Laine (I am not denying Laine's talent to get into these scoring areas, just that Puj is the more dynamic force on the ice.)

You've prob seen 100x more than I have, NK. I just like the LOOK of that kid(Laine). He looks like a confident type, that really believes in himself. Psychology matters with such an important selection. Will he lead, AND commit himself to the team/city..a vibe like Bo has?

Over on HF saw footage of this Pull-Fin, & he also looks brilliant. So I won't complain with either.

The yank kid gives me bad vibes(Daigle or Stefan?)

2 hours ago, SwedeHockey said:

I agree. +1. 

Sure, it would be nice if we landed Matthews, but IMO, the Fins have the potential to be just as good, even better. I have no doubt that Horvat will develope into a 60+ point 1st line centre, just like Toews. 

Yeah for sure. Puljujarvi plays much more physical than Mathews does and Laine's shot is crazy.

The Finns are also bigger, so not really a big loss to me if we don't get Matthews.

4 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Yes, this thread is needed. This thread is for those fans who are holding a belief that the Canucks' will win the draft lottery. Not a freaking chance! sorry guys I don't want you to be heart broken, this is the Canucks' we are talking about. Time to go back to reality.

Reasons why Canucks' will not win the draft lottery.

a) With Tanev in the line up he gives this team mediocrity

B,  Sedins' are great regular season players and they will make sure this team doesn't end up in the bottom.

c) Old man Miller has the capability of standing on his head and winning games on his own

I made this thread because i know lots of fans are holding hope on a 1st rounder,and I don't want them to be heart broken. Not happening this team will go .500 before the end of the season. I am so confident the Canucks' will not win 1st overall, that I will say if somehow they do, I will leave this forum until February of 2017. 

Well no sh!t Sherlock. The chances aren't great even if were dead last. 

image.gif

As long they get top 3 will be happy. Lottery a bit of crap shoot this yr in terms of getting the first pick.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=2&sort=midtermRank&year=2016

2016 Draft Prospects - European Skaters

Final Rank Midterm Rank Player Position Last Amateur Club League
  1 Matthews, Auston Center Zurich SWISS
  2 Puljujarvi, Jesse Right Wing Karpat FINLAND
  3 Laine, Patrik Right Wing Tappara FINLAND
  4 Asplund, Rasmus Center Farjestad SWEDEN

Pretty sure everyone on this forum knows where you stand desi. We all know you pin your hopes on high draft picks as the end-all-be-all. If it isn't a first rounder for a failed Hamhuis trade it's not getting AM because we won one out of ten games. You couldn't be more predictable. I'm just not sure why you feel the need to have yourself heard ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME!

You are now one on a list of three posters I just skip.

4 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Yes, this thread is needed. This thread is for those fans who are holding a belief that the Canucks' will win the draft lottery. Not a freaking chance! sorry guys I don't want you to be heart broken, this is the Canucks' we are talking about. Time to go back to reality.

B,  Sedins' are great regular season players and they will make sure this team doesn't end up in the bottom.

c) Old man Miller has the capability of standing on his head and winning games on his own

I made this thread because i know lots of fans are holding hope on a 1st rounder,and I don't want them to be heart broken. Not happening this team will go .500 before the end of the season. I am so confident the Canucks' will not win 1st overall, that I will say if somehow they do, I will leave this forum until February of 2017. 

Coming from a guy who thinks Bob Sanguinetti(who) is the GOAT.

5 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Worst reverse jinx attempt ever.

5 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

As of now we have an 11.5% of winning. So don't you dare tell me there is no chance! Lol

We will win a top 3 pick. I hope Edmonton somehow picks 5th and misses out on Matthews, the finns, and Chychrun. That would be a victory for me!

What happened to our 1st rounder?!?!?!? :blink:

Archived