The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

1 hour ago, ftmN said:

For everyone who doesn't know, there was a roster update with Boeser in it: 

Here is his stats: 

ASpS4Xr.jpg

Too bad he's only a top 6, thought for sure he'd be a low elite at around 82 overall (maybe I'm a little biased lol) 

Here's some 18 features that have come out from a survey.

NHL Threes in NHL 18 delivers the intense action of the 3-on-3 overtime hockey with a faster pace, bigger hits and more open ice to score insane goals. New audio commentary, broadcast presentation and over-the-top arena designs deliver a fresh new feel to every game. No matter how you play, NHL Threes stays fresh with multiple game modes, including cooperative or competitive play with friends, online versus against other players, or the new Circuit Mode where you battle through leagues and complete challenges to make it to the big show.

NHL 18 introduces new dekes that give players creative freedom to freeze goaltenders and create space around defenders. Players can also string together deking combinations into fluid dangles that give every attack the potential to be a creative masterpiece. On defense, the new Defensive Skill Stick delivers full control over your stick to target poke checks, keep sticks extended, or sweep sticks back and forth for zone coverage. Finally, the new Creative A.I. system lets AI teammates leverage the same new deking, passing, and defensive tools that you do, making for smarter plays in every zone.

NHL 18 introduces draft expansion to the acclaimed Franchise Mode, letting you take on the front office role of the 31st NHL team: the Vegas Golden Knights. Play as the authentic Golden Knights before their first NHL game, or draft your very own 32nd team in your hometown and reshape the league entirely, complete with a unique roster, arena, jersey, logo, and even a custom mascot. Expansion gives you the power to bring the excitement of professional hockey to your hometown on a quest to capture the Cup.

NHL 18 introduces new dekes and playmaking combinations that let you light the lamp with insane speed and dozens of jaw-dropping skill moves, including between-the-legs dekes, passes, and shots that make every moment memorable. Take control of the most skilled players in the NHL and experience the sport that was meant to be a videogame with the fastest pace, biggest hits, and most insane goal-scoring of any sports game out there.

59 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

low elite really screws up the player potential, (med top 6 > Low elite)

It varies though.

I personally set Virtanen as the only low elite on Van but in the high 70's.

Low elite IMO = Top 6 forward to bottom 6 forward. Unpredictable development.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only 8 months or so behind but man EASHL sucks on NHL 17. Customizing your player attributes was one of the best parts. Now im stuck with these $&!# players. Also seems harder now to get a full game..gotta search forever. 

8 hours ago, HI5 said:

I'm only 8 months or so behind but man EASHL sucks on NHL 17. Customizing your player attributes was one of the best parts. Now im stuck with these $&!# players. Also seems harder now to get a full game..gotta search forever. 

Yeah I played a whopping 5 games at 6v6 in EASHL before it took forever to get a game and I gave up.  What a joke, I paid $80 for a game I played 8 times. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got the game after taking a year break from consoles. I play EASHL and don't really mind it too much... In other words I got used to it. I do miss the custom creations but this is good enough for me. 

Does anyone have any active EASHL teams or play it actively and want to form a team with me? XBOX 1?

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

For how much? I wanted to get the game early in the year, but decided not to.

22 bucks on Xbox marketplace couple weeks back, was part of the games with gold sales. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

There won't be any further updates. You'll have to purchase NHL18 when it comes out if you want updated Rosters. 

Which sucks, because it's typically the only part of the game that convinces me to buy it. The other day I downloaded rosters for MLB 15 that were current as of July 9th of this year.

Archived