The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pretty Good Short List of Picks: "Pleading the Fifth"

Hahaha "Henrik Sedin and Bo Horvat being locked in as 1C and 2C, and Sutter, McCann, Gaunce, and Granlund being question marks." Sutter. Yup, big question mark.

I really hope we don't take Brown with our pick. I don't see him being top 5 material. 

27 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Hahaha "Henrik Sedin and Bo Horvat being locked in as 1C and 2C, and Sutter, McCann, Gaunce, and Granlund being question marks." Sutter. Yup, big question mark.

I really hope we don't take Brown with our pick. I don't see him being top 5 material. 

I think the article meant they are question marks to be playing center. Don't forget that for most of the time that Sutter was healthy he was playing wing with the Sedins, and only playing center on the penalty kill which leaves the 3rd line spot open.

47 minutes ago, OptionalPants said:

I think the article meant they are question marks to be playing center. Don't forget that for most of the time that Sutter was healthy he was playing wing with the Sedins, and only playing center on the penalty kill which leaves the 3rd line spot open.

Sutter only played 4 regular season games on the wing.  All at the start of the season when they were still trying to figure out if McCann could make the team.  Then the 4th was between McCann/Cracknell and Sutter was back at C.  He never replayed wing after that.

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Benning likes both Tkachuk and Dubois? So I dont really see that happening

That's what he's stating publicly, but privately we don't know his plans.  Although he does seem to be a pretty straight forward guy.  I wonder if he's into playing those mind games, or if he just tells it how he sees it?

1 hour ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

At least the OP paid homage to Petri Striko. 

Advertising for your hockey blog are we? 

Pretty much.

OP, you can't post just a link to a blog (yours or otherwise) and direct traffic away from the forums. You have to post an excerpt of the relevant part of the article in your thread here for people to read.

That said, I'm sure whatever content is in the blog (just going by what I've seen in replies, haven't clicked the link) is pretty much just stuff that's already been discussed a lot elsewhere. Certainly the 5th overall pick (and the draft in general) has been discussed in depth.

If you really want to post it on CDC, that's why there's a blog section for each person - you don't have to create a new thread for every rant, idea, thought, etc. you might have or come across.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Short list:

Dubois

Tkachuk

You don't even have to click the link.

Any short list without Juolevi is a mistake. JB could, very well, call his name on the stage.

I know JB and TL keep saying they're going to take the best player available but that comment has to involve the best player available that fits our team's needs. I don't think there's much doubt that Olli is going to be a top 4 defenseman in the NHL and D is, IMO, the one area we need to shore up, moving forward. 

Dubois and Ktachuk are, likewise, going to be great NHL players in the future but; Is our forward pool deeper than our defensive prospects? I have to answer yes and hope that we take OJ, if still on the board. It would make sense for Edmonton to take him at four.

Archived