The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Gaunce sits 14 pts and 10 pts behind Graovac and Quine respectively, both 3rd round picks. I know both played on other teams but you can see they are scoring at equal ppg on the Bulls. Funny enough their drafted by Ottawa and Detroit, ,man those teams have great drafting. Graovac is 6-3 203 as well, NHL size and talent out of the 3rd round.

Gaunce will peak at a good 3rd line center, I really don't see the offensive capabilties to be much more than than at an NHL level.

They're both a year older.

Gaunce sits 14 pts and 10 pts behind Graovac and Quine respectively, both 3rd round picks. I know both played on other teams but you can see they are scoring at equal ppg on the Bulls. Funny enough their drafted by Ottawa and Detroit, ,man those teams have great drafting. Graovac is 6-3 203 as well, NHL size and talent out of the 3rd round.

Gaunce will peak at a good 3rd line center, I really don't see the offensive capabilties to be much more than than at an NHL level.

The best part about Gaunce and any prospect is he is still on a steep improvement curve. Many in fact most players plateau at some point. In the case of Gaunce he's still young and still getting better. When he plateaus we'll know where he will play 1st/2nd line etc. Speculation is wasted but watching the improvement is good cause to expect more from Gaunce and that is good. Similar for Jensen and Corrado ( I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team next September ) In fact with the Cap going down next season many of the youngster on Entry Level Contract by necessity might get a chance

Edited by Fred65

The best part about Gaunce and any prospect is he is still on a steep improvement curve. Many in fact most players plateau at some point. In the case of Gaunce he's still young and still getting better. When he plateaus we'll know where he will play 1st/2nd line etc. Speculation is wasted but watching the improvement is good cause to expect more from Gaunce and that is good. Similar for Jensen and Corrado ( I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team next September ) In fact with the Cap going down next season many of the youngster on Entry Level Contract by necessity might get a chance

agree 100%. Will be really fun as a fan to watch the Canucks as the cap goes down. Management will be forced to use prospects in more important roles than they usually would.

This is where I'd like to see AV replaced, I respect him as a coach and don't really hop on the fire the coach wagon everytime a team doen't win the cup but AV really puts a lot of pressure on the propects and doesn't give them the confidence to make mistakes and still get played. I feel we need a coach now that is more of a motivator and gets more personal with the players.

As for Gaunce, ya we'll see how the development curve goes. I don't get a chance to watch him play other than highlights but he doesn't seem very dynamic offensively. Has an NHL shot for sure but I don't see much potential other than that. All hearsay and guess work right now. I see Sammy Paulson all over this guy, not that thats a bad thing.....

• Upvote 1

agree 100%. Will be really fun as a fan to watch the Canucks as the cap goes down. Management will be forced to use prospects in more important roles than they usually would.

This is where I'd like to see AV replaced, I respect him as a coach and don't really hop on the fire the coach wagon everytime a team doen't win the cup but AV really puts a lot of pressure on the propects and doesn't give them the confidence to make mistakes and still get played. I feel we need a coach now that is more of a motivator and gets more personal with the players.

As for Gaunce, ya we'll see how the development curve goes. I don't get a chance to watch him play other than highlights but he doesn't seem very dynamic offensively. Has an NHL shot for sure but I don't see much potential other than that. All hearsay and guess work right now. I see Sammy Paulson all over this guy, not that thats a bad thing.....

I like the idea of a future line Kassian-Gaunce-Jensen that's a lot of beef :-)

I see him as Brooks Laich and think he can be a 2nd line center.

He has a good shot and works hard for his goals and points, is strong goes to the dirty areas and his hands/passing abilities aren't bad either.

Then you add to that the leadership, defensive ability, faceoff ability and size.

Really loving the pick.

Gaunce with a hat trick tonight to go along with his best defensive forward award he received today. :)

That brings him up to 31 goals on the season. Not too shabby for a defensive forward.

Jebus! :shock:

:towel: Pretty excited about a future Kassian/Guance/Jensen line!

What do you guys think his chances are of cracking team Canada next year?.. Just a had a crazy thought about how sick it would be if the next wjc was his coming out party. If he makes a huge impression we get the hodgson type excitement back! Haha

What do you guys think his chances are of cracking team Canada next year?.. Just a had a crazy thought about how sick it would be if the next wjc was his coming out party. If he makes a huge impression we get the hodgson type excitement back! Haha

He'll for sure get the summer invite, though when it comes to the December camp he definitely has to have a productive fall. This past fall, he struggled a bit, and was injured in November, so he didn't get much of a look. I fully expect him to be on Canada, possibly at 3C. This is of course dependent upon which top prospects in this years draft make their respective NHL teams. If it's the case that MacKinnon, Drouin, Shinkaruk,and Monahan all are reassigned to junior then the hill is that much harder to climb. Add to that MacDavid (sp?) as increased competition.

He'll for sure get the summer invite, though when it comes to the December camp he definitely has to have a productive fall. This past fall, he struggled a bit, and was injured in November, so he didn't get much of a look. I fully expect him to be on Canada, possibly at 3C. This is of course dependent upon which top prospects in this years draft make their respective NHL teams. If it's the case that MacKinnon, Drouin, Shinkaruk,and Monahan all are reassigned to junior then the hill is that much harder to climb. Add to that MacDavid (sp?) as increased competition.

That's the case every year but drouin and shunkaruk are wingers aren't they. He'll be a year older then some of the stars and they like giving the veterans the nod.. Would be sweet to have another canuck on team Canada

Guest Gumballthechewy

Jebus! :shock:

:towel: Pretty excited about a future Kassian/Guance/Jensen line!

Oh yeah! All big boys, that's gonna be a line other teams will fear to play against!