The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Lmao that is badass. Thanks for posting^^

It was a great goal. Zelewski, Bancks and Gaunce causing havoc on the forecheck and Gaunce roofs it after walking out from behind the goal line.

Gaunce doesn't usually show that much emotion. It was nice to see.

Edited by UticaHockey
  • Upvote 1

It was a great goal. Zelewski, Bancks and Gaunce causing havoc on the forecheck and Gaunce roofs it after walking out from behind the goal line.

Gaunce doesn't usually show that much emotion. It was nice to see.

do you have a link to the goal anywhere?

If only one of them could shoot right, it'll be a very formidable face-off duo.

Should Gaunce continue to develop, he may potentially take over the 4th line centre spot next season with Horvat moving up to the 3rd line.

Possible, but I though Gaunce was more likely to play LW. He is starting to make a pretty solid case for being on the big team next year though. He is big, strong, defensively responsible, and is good enough with the puck to provide some secondard scoring. With a bit progress over the summer he might make the team.

I have not seen Utica play, but the book on Gauce was that he needed better quick acceleration and he needed more intensity. Anyone know if he has improved in those areas?

He'll be lucky to even make it as a 4th line center at the NHL level. I think Brent Sutter was spot on with his assessment of Gaunce last year. We'll be lucky if he even pans out at this point. His skating is still a big issue, you just don't see the same strides he has made like Horvat.

He'll be lucky to even make it as a 4th line center at the NHL level. I think Brent Sutter was spot on with his assessment of Gaunce last year. We'll be lucky if he even pans out at this point. His skating is still a big issue, you just don't see the same strides he has made like Horvat.i

dude you're so annoying just going around cdc bashing our players...

Hey Utica Fan, is it Gaunce or Bancks playing center on that Gaunce-Bancks-Zalewski line?

Zelweski has been centering that line and had a great weekend. 5 points in 3 games. Zelewski looks like he found a new gear with his skating. As for Gaunce, I really like this kid. 20 years old but he plays like someone in his 4th or 5th year of pro hockey. Just a smart hockey player. He still needs to add a little more offense to his game before he is ready to move up to the NHL but I think he will get there.

• Upvote 1

He'll be lucky to even make it as a 4th line center at the NHL level. I think Brent Sutter was spot on with his assessment of Gaunce last year. We'll be lucky if he even pans out at this point. His skating is still a big issue, you just don't see the same strides he has made like Horvat.

Gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8

• Upvote 1