The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Was this game today?

That second goal was dirty, puck just flew off his stick, looked like he barely even snapped it too, tough for a goalie to stop...

Hopefully he will become our future captain, still shocked he isnt the captain of the knights..

Hope he proves us valeri lovers wrong!

Edited by R3aL

Wow, 48 pages on Horvat already and he hasn't played 1 regular season game in the NHL. The expectations on this kid are gonna be massive. Hope he can handle the pressure cause it looks like some Nuck fans expect him to be some kinda savior.

Can you picture Horvat not reaching Adam Henrique's level of play at the very least? Personally I think that's his floor and his ceiling could be through the roof.

I had to chuckle at the Horvat=Toews, Shinkaruk=Kane automatic jump to conclusion by CDC after they were drafted.

No.

Horvat is the perfect rebound guy. If he's on the ice, goalies are extra careful about coughing up rebounds because he's on them like a fly on crap. That's his game.

Oddly enough, that sounds a lot like Toews' game as well.

Even if Horvat only turns into a better version of Adam Henrique, we all saw Henrique have success in junior on a line with Hall and Kassian so Horvat and Kassian ought to be a good fit, in theory, and Hall's play in junior wasn't unlike that of Zach Parise's (whom Henrique also gelled with quite well in his rookie season). I've also read comparisons of Shinkaruk's game with Parise's so all those people posting Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian lines may be on to something there.

Having said that I don't see Shinkaruk reaching Parise's level; however, I do see Horvat surpassing Henrique's level rather easily so maybe that'll offset a bit?

Can you picture Horvat not reaching Adam Henrique's level of play at the very least? Personally I think that's his floor and his ceiling could be through the roof.

Oddly enough, that sounds a lot like Toews' game as well.

Even if Horvat only turns into a better version of Adam Henrique, we all saw Henrique have success in junior on a line with Hall and Kassian so Horvat and Kassian ought to be a good fit, in theory, and Hall's play in junior wasn't unlike that of Zach Parise's (whom Henrique also gelled with quite well in his rookie season). I've also read comparisons of Shinkaruk's game with Parise's so all those people posting Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian lines may be on to something there.

Having said that I don't see Shinkaruk reaching Parise's level; however, I do see Horvat surpassing Henrique's level rather easily so maybe that'll offset a bit?

Those are fair enough comparisons.

People need to remember that it took Bergeron a number of years to become what he is now in the NHL.

At the beginning of his NHL career he wasn't strong enough to play good defensive hockey.

You can't expect too much from a young player, even a top prospect.

Look at Huberdeau, 3rd overall 3 years ago and he only has 22 points this season.

People need to remember that it took Bergeron a number of years to become what he is now in the NHL.

At the beginning of his NHL career he wasn't strong enough to play good defensive hockey.

Look at Huberdeau, 3rd overall 3 years ago and he only has 22 points this season.

bergeron was an offensive star, but after his concussion nearly ended his career, the offense never came back the same way and his focus shifted to defensive hockey.

that said, horvat is bigger and stronger now at 18 than bergeron is at 28.

horvat: 6'0" 206 lbs

that's crazy in the nhl. stocky. solid.

bergeron: 6'2" 194 lbs

pretty average. typical, lean, non-physical forward build. similar to the sedins.

huberdeau: 6'1" 171 lbs

yeesh. dainty and frail. think about it: horvat is an inch shorter but 35 lbs heavier. that's insane.

numbers taken from hockeydb.

• Upvote 1

bergeron was an offensive star, but after his concussion nearly ended his career, the offense never came back the same way and his focus shifted to defensive hockey.

that said, horvat is bigger and stronger now at 18 than bergeron is at 28.

horvat: 6'0" 206 lbs

that's crazy in the nhl. stocky. solid.

bergeron: 6'2" 194 lbs

pretty average. typical, lean, non-physical forward build. similar to the sedins.

huberdeau: 6'1" 171 lbs

yeesh. dainty and frail. think about it: horvat is an inch shorter but 35 lbs heavier. that's insane.

numbers taken from hockeydb.

Huberdeau also plays for Florida. I hope we can develop Bo like the Jets have with Scheifele

^As Playboi alluded, we might temper our expectations..somewhat. But it's hard not to be excited about this kid!

Don't mind this youth for Schneids, at all. He's a super gt, but by next year we'd be trying to figure out how to fit his contract(he'll get a mint, after Lundquist's contract).

We've got this dynamite, rounded prospect; & two great young Swedish 'tenders(at a bargain price).

Huberdeau also plays for Florida. I hope we can develop Bo like the Jets have with Scheifele

Top players can overcome playing on a bad team. Recent examples Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle. Also Rick Nash in Columbus scoring 41 goals as a 19 year old. Edited by playboi19

Top players can overcome playing on a bad team. Recent examples Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle. Also Rick Nash in Columbus scoring 41 goals as a 19 year old.

i'd argue that at that age physical maturity plays as big a role as talent, which is why i could see horvat making an immediate impact.

• Upvote 1

Was this game today?

That second goal was dirty, puck just flew off his stick, looked like he barely even snapped it too, tough for a goalie to stop...

Hopefully he will become our future captain, still shocked he isnt the captain of the knights..

Hope he proves us valeri lovers wrong!

I think the reason Bo's snapshot is so lethal is because of the curve he uses. It's very similar to Stamkos's curve in the way that it's almost straight. Much better for quick releases.

I'm guessing we see him on our third line wing (with the occasional foray to centre) next year. Let him get his feet wet with some lower expectations/responsibilities that playing on the third allows. Then we see where he goes from there.

That'll give us some good top 9 depth (along with some other acquisitions/moves this summer).

I'm guessing we see him on our third line wing (with the occasional foray to centre) next year. Let him get his feet wet with some lower expectations/responsibilities that playing on the third allows. Then we see where he goes from there.

That'll give us some good top 9 depth (along with some other acquisitions/moves this summer).

I like that. alot of people are going to be disappointed when he doesnt put up 50 points next season. but I do think he can prove more valuable than all of our bottom 6 and some of our top 6.

Wow, 48 pages on Horvat already and he hasn't played 1 regular season game in the NHL. The expectations on this kid are gonna be massive. Hope he can handle the pressure cause it looks like some Nuck fans expect him to be some kinda savior.

Dog forbid people can have their own fan experience. Maybe I'll just change my name to Gross Misconduct and trash post anyone who disagrees with me. I am the Great Cornholio.

• Upvote 2