The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I know it's a smaller sample size, but Horvat has a 60% faceoff percentage which is currently 2nd in the NHL behind only Malhotra at 62%.

That alone is a reason he should stick with the club, but he's also out-played Matthias and Richardson both offensively and defensively. He should not only stick, but this should be our lineup when healthy and their line cools off:

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Higgins - Bonino - Burrows

Hansen - Horvat - Vey

Richardson - Matthias - Dorsett

Kassian

Hot line.

If they stay hot I'm sure it will continue.

Like how there were a couple games where Bonino got more ice time than Henrik when they were hot.

The Richardson line hasn't been that good for quite a few games now.

I think the credit should go to the winger if it isn't a clean draw and they retrieve it, but whatever.

That was a draw Toews should have won but his winger Saad screwed up (it went right to him) because Hansen tied him up and Dorsett swooped in for the puck.

Toews tried to win the draw back to his left, and Bo tried to win it back to his left, the Puck went to Bo's left (Toews right)

I would say Bo fared quite a bit better on that draw, Toews didn't get the puck anywhere near where he was aiming to get it. It wasn't a clean win by anymeans but still very impressive considering it was on Toews strong side (Horvat's weak side) and he got the better of Toews.

• Upvote 1

Woah whats the insults you two? We all want the best for him do we not?

Just because he commented on his ice time doesn't mean he thinks he played bad. If WD played him 5 minutes a game every night would you want him to stay? That's not nearly enough ice time for any rookie let alone any NHL player.

Thankfully that's not the case and WD is playing him in quality minutes which he has earned. That's something every Canuck fan can be happy about.

Hopefully Horvat can consistently play great defensively and on the dot. We will need it especially because of Hammer's injury.

Meathead over here started it.

The Richardson line hasn't been that good for quite a few games now.

Toews tried to win the draw back to his left, and Bo tried to win it back to his left, the Puck went to Bo's left (Toews right)

I would say Bo fared quite a bit better on that draw, Toews didn't get the puck anywhere near where he was aiming to get it. It wasn't a clean win by anymeans but still very impressive considering it was on Toews strong side (Horvat's weak side) and he got the better of Toews.

Yeah I saw. It still went back towards Saad and he was thinking offense the whole way before Hansen jumped on him and let the puck slide past and Dorsett skated up to it and got out of the zone.

And outside of that Bo went 4/4 against Toews (5/5 with the winger win), so regardless, Bo was dominant.

i am excellent.. haven't been on here in awhile, but needed to give my 2 cents haha. so happy with his play

aha yes he has indeed been playing well as of late. Its nice to hear from you. I just assume once you leave cdc you die. Im glad your still alive.

Rip gumball

Yeah I saw. It still went back towards Saad and he was thinking offense the whole way before Hansen jumped on him and let the puck slide past and Dorsett skated up to it and got out of the zone.

And outside of that Bo went 4/4 against Toews (5/5 with the winger win), so regardless, Bo was dominant.

Very good game for him, nice to see him get 15 minutes.

Hopefully he will continue to get around 10+ minutes from here on out (as long as he's not playing horribly), I still think he could bring the kind of impact to our team that Couturier did to the Flyers in his rookie year.

aha yes he has indeed been playing well as of late. Its nice to hear from you. I just assume once you leave cdc you die. Im glad your still alive.

Rip gumball

been working a lot more, haven't even been to many knights games lately... only like 3 this season. domi has played a totally different game without bo there

Made it. Wow. First 19-year-old since Nedved.

This is going to be exciting to see. Management and coaching staff think that it's better for his development to be in the bigs, then I trust their decision. If he could become our regular 3rd line center by the end of the year and play some PK, this could be a huge boost for the team going into the playoffs. The only missing piece then may be another top 4 defenseman, and with that we could make some serious noise.

I would like to see Benning add - not subtract - to the roster (a defenseman) before the trade deadline.

Different good or different bad?

I'm guessing good.

The guy is killing it on the scoresheet (over 2.0PPG) and was voted team captain by his teammates.

The one game I seen this year it seems Domi got the message to use his linemates more.

He never used to pass the puck, a bit of a puck hog for sure.

Yeah well he's a young guy and they change as they learn and mature.

I think we heard the same caveat for Virtanen here but the skill was never deniable.