The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Can Bo play for the comets once the Canucks season is over?

No, Bo is not eligible to play for the Comets even if Vancouver is eliminated from the playoffs. Only players that were on the Comets roster on the NHL trade deadline date (either physically in Utica or sent down on a paper transaction) are eligible.

Bo couldn't be sent down with a paper transaction because he wasn't AHL age eligible this season. If he had been in London all season he could have joined the Comets as soon as London's season ended but because he was in Vancouver all season I'm pretty sure that he would need to be on the AHL roster on trade deadline day like everyone else to be eligible.

Actually, he would be. As well as the paper transactions there's also this part of the playoff roster deadline rule:

Only those players on a team’s playoff eligibility list, plus signed draft choices and players signed to amateur tryout contracts, are eligible to compete in the Calder Cup Playoffs.

Bo falls in the first half of that, where Sautner and others fall in the second half even though they weren't on the playoff eligibility list. By comparison, if Kenins wasn't sent down on a paper transaction he wouldn't be eligible since he isn't on a ATO and isn't one of our signed draft picks.

Guest Dasein

I would think Bo gets the summer off to train even if he is able to play for Utica unless he really wants to go there

Guest Dasein

My not be a bad idea to get some experience actually winning in the playoffs :lol:

Yeah but I think Bo's done enough that it should be up to him. Would be nice to see him play in a top 6 role if he goes down and plays though

He's had long seasons for quite a while now (3 Memorial Cup tournaments in a row) - at this point, resting might not be a bad idea either

Crazy how Horvat has never not played in the Memorial Cup tournament in his junior career (but also never won it)

Edited by Dasein

Probably the lone bright spot of this series. At the beginning of the season I said he wasn't ready for the NHL, he wasn't. He then put on 25 lbs of muscle during the season which is not an easy thing to do, the results since then have been outstanding. Hats off to the kid.

• Upvote 1

Guest Dasein

BTW, held pointless for the first time in this series after Hansen was moved up with the Sedins. I think our most consistent line needs to be kept together and we need to load up the 1st line without Burr:

D Sedin - H Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Baertschi - Matthias - Dorsett

Would rather have Matthias at center than at RW

Thought that Vey played pretty well last night, and surprisingly, McMillan created a couple chances as well, but it's time for Baertschi - hope WD will use him after getting him a practice in or two

Surprised Willie can't think outside the box a bit more

Horvat leads team in playoff points and has done well on face offs- late in the second he should have moved up

Sedin Sedin vrabata

Bonino Horvat Hansen

And if you really insist on killing vrabata on the second line, put Horvat with the twins aka burrows in 2010

He should insert baertschi for F sakes Calgary is playing an 18 yr old and beating us ragged- do Willie what do you have against teenagers?

And when you insert baertschi don't put him in the bottom six - hint- he a goal scorer, put in a position to suceed

Willie in all your years of hockey did you not learn that talent has no age? Maybe that is why it took you so long to get to the nhl

Edited by Canucks Curse

Guest Dasein

Surprised Willie can't think outside the box a bit more

Horvat leads team in playoff points and has done well on face offs- late in the second he should have moved up

Sedin Sedin vrabata

Bonino Horvat Hansen

WTF

So outside the box that you need to be reeled back in to reality

We just lost Richardson and put Vey in to play center, and now you wanna put two top 9 centers on one line?? That implies Matthias and Vey as bottom 6 centers - way too weak IMO

Only one of Matthias or Vey should be at center

Edited by Dasein
  • Upvote 1

BTW, held pointless for the first time in this series after Hansen was moved up with the Sedins. I think our most consistent line needs to be kept together and we need to load up the 1st line without Burr:

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Would rather have Matthias at center than at RW

Thought that Vey played pretty well last night, and surprisingly, McMillan created a couple chances as well, but it's time for Baertschi - hope WD will use him after getting him a practice in or two

Honestly, I didn't see much of anything from Vey last night and that second line isn't going anywhere.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Bonino Matthias

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Higgins Vey Dorsett

Assuming Richardson stays out, otherwise he'd replace Vey.

• Upvote 1

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Complete waste putting Baertschi with pluggers. He already shown he can get Bonino and Vrbata going. If Burrows doesn't play then put Vrbata with the twins but Sven stays on the second line and Horvat's line stays intact.

• Upvote 1

Complete waste putting Baertschi with pluggers. He already shown he can get Bonino and Vrbata going. If Burrows doesn't play then put Vrbata with the twins but Sven stays on the second line and Horvat's line stays intact.

I agree. I don't know if WD will but I do.