The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, viking mama said:

To Bo:

Just an observation, here. In the “meeting Brock video” as the team’s  potential future Captain & with cameras rollin’,..you get a fail for chiding your teammate for not mailing you a timely wedding gift, after Brock attempted to offer-up a very uncomfortable apology for being late with this acknowledgment for you.

C’monnnn, you two are both millionaires & after the major stress & distractions Brock had with that critical health scare for his dad, contract negotiations, etc,...while you were having good times & jollies instead,..you actually had the stones to chastise, humiliate & tease him?!  Something beyond a card, takes some extra thought much easier done in big city VAN away from the worry & concerns at home, as he tried to explain. 

Somehow, I don’t see the Sedins, Nazzy or Linden missing the bigger picture. Brock is beyond rookie-type hazing or a need to pull-down & humble. What was up with that?

Brock’s a gem! Bo knows a lot about hockey,... but when it comes to “classy welcomes”, well - that one just fell short. Bo’s quip actually came across as insensitive, unappreciative & immature. In fact, I’m really surprised the team’s promo department thought a clip of Bo burnin’ Brock in this way would be putting extra polish on their future Captain. 

Yah, this is making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill stuff, but perhaps in an era where our leaders get placed under a  microscope....welcome to the kind of scrutiny the job of team-Captain will entail. Cheers!! 

Good god this is horrible. Have you ever had guy friends? You do know it is the job of guy friends to bust the balls of your buddies right?  :picard:

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Holy man. What a video. He’s going to represent the Canucks so well. 

Thanks man. I downloaded a video editing app to make a video for this YouTube channel I watch for a promo they have and got a lot of positive feedback and its encouraged me to start a YouTube channel. This is my first official video so hopefully they get better from here.

As for Bo.. he is going to become the first captain in Canuck history to hoist the Stanley cup. Hopefully his number is hung in the rafters when all is said and done!!

He may not be the best young player we have, but there was never a doubt who the majority of our fan base wanted to get that "C" and it's our boy, future stanley cup winner, Bo Horvat :gocan:

On 10/9/2019 at 7:19 PM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

The guy in the middle "Schuter aka Ron Shute(iirc)" taught at my HS though I never had him.  Crazy how long he's been with the franchise and good on them for honoring him and having him bring out the jersey.  

• Upvote 1

Pretty cool action by our captain and his wife:

Congrats @BoHorvat for being named the 14th Captain of the @Canucks! This year, as #HorvatsHeroes, families staying at RMH BC will attend all Canucks home games, thanks to a generous donation from Bo and Holly Horvat. We're excited to cheer on the team this season!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skategal said:

Pretty cool action by our captain and his wife:

Congrats @BoHorvat for being named the 14th Captain of the @Canucks! This year, as #HorvatsHeroes, families staying at RMH BC will attend all Canucks home games, thanks to a generous donation from Bo and Holly Horvat. We're excited to cheer on the team this season!

Sounds like the Sedins all over again. I'm already so proud.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:54 AM, Brock Botanen said:

Thanks man. I downloaded a video editing app to make a video for this YouTube channel I watch for a promo they have and got a lot of positive feedback and its encouraged me to start a YouTube channel. This is my first official video so hopefully they get better from here.

As for Bo.. he is going to become the first captain in Canuck history to hoist the Stanley cup. Hopefully his number is hung in the rafters when all is said and done!!

He may not be the best young player we have, but there was never a doubt who the majority of our fan base wanted to get that "C" and it's our boy, future stanley cup winner, Bo Horvat :gocan:

I think so too. 

He's such a good leader already, at 24 years old. He's entering into the prime years of his NHL career. I think he takes another step this season, 65-70 points, not out of the question, in my opinion, especially once he, EP, and the boys get going offensively. Been somewhat of a slow start for them. 

But I do believe that with Horvat as captain, with some good solid core pieces around him (EP, Brock, Q, Virtanen, Miller, Ferland, etc) - our fanbase will eventually see Lord Stanley on Rogers Arena Home ice. How sweet will that day be?? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Hope Bo can find a rhythm soon and start producing.  Kinda hard when he has already had 4 different RW with him and Pearson.  Hope someone clicks so Bo can develop some chemistry.

He has gone a little quiet the first 5 games offensively.

It's kind of odd, because the team is doing really well, but yeah, Bo's not producing much. That said, when I'm watching him, he doesn't seem to really be off his game. I imagine it's just a case of the bounces not going his way.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Hmmmmm I wonder who else he has good chemistry with and currently not on the team but is readily available. ;P

It'd be neat if Bo was already really good friends with said player as well. Hmmmm.....

• Upvote 3