The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

you read the article wrong. he didnt get pulled. he was pissed the boughner didnt yank him so he stomred out of the arena. reason he wasnt pulled was because the other goalie was ill.

knowing rychel and boughner he wont be wearing a spits Jersey for much longer.

I don't think he wants to ware a Spits jersey. He's a kid he decided that's it for him. Likely a good decission he's knows he ain't going any where...a back up in the OHL = lets look after my future

Question from someone who doesn't know a ton about the CHL playoff format:

London is hosting the Memorial Cup this year, therefore they get to play in the Memorial Cup no matter what. Why does London even try to win a few rounds in the playoffs? They could lose a key player to injury, in a round that realistically doesn't mean much.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Question from someone who doesn't know a ton about the CHL playoff format:

London is hosting the Memorial Cup this year, therefore they get to play in the Memorial Cup no matter what. Why does London even try to win a few rounds in the playoffs? They could lose a key player to injury, in a round that realistically doesn't mean much.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

They're still playing for the OHL championship though. that's a lot to play for before the mem cup even starts.

in that statement he says he didn't mean to injure his opponent; did he in fact injure ho-sang there?

ho sang went to the room for a couple mins and came back with an ice pack. I dont think he was cut. he also got a penalty on the play but played the rest of the game.

he sold it well

They're still playing for the OHL championship though. that's a lot to play for before the mem cup even starts.

But do players really care about the OHL championship? For example, most NHLers couldn't care less about the Prince of Wales or the Clarence S. Campbell, they just see it like a stepping stone award.

But do players really care about the OHL championship? For example, most NHLers couldn't care less about the Prince of Wales or the Clarence S. Campbell, they just see it like a stepping stone award.

I would think they do. They're playing for their league crown, finishing first in conference during the regular season would be equivalent to those trophies. As far as London goes, even though they have a guaranteed spot, they do have a OHL title to defend.

Not sure if this has already been posted but Horvat was ranked the 27th best overall prospect in Hockey Futures latest rankings. The rankings aren't all announced yet but he's likely the only Canuck to make the list, unless Markstrom squeaks in ahead of him somehow.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/105545/top-50-kucherov-heads-21-30-section-of-rankings-that-includes-several-new-names/

Not sure if this has already been posted but Horvat was ranked the 27th best overall prospect in Hockey Futures latest rankings. The rankings aren't all announced yet but he's likely the only Canuck to make the list, unless Markstrom squeaks in ahead of him somehow.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/105545/top-50-kucherov-heads-21-30-section-of-rankings-that-includes-several-new-names/

The Hockey News prospect magazine has him ranked 12th. I like their credibility better.

• Upvote 1

I would think they do. They're playing for their league crown, finishing first in conference during the regular season would be equivalent to those trophies. As far as London goes, even though they have a guaranteed spot, they do have a OHL title to defend.

Yes, the Knights are winners. They don't want a free pass... they won the OHL last time they hosted too, and i find this team better.

hockeysfuture is truly all over the map, for years they said Vancouver's goaltending was weak when we had scheneider, lack and a hobey baker finalist in Cannata...riddle me that

hockeysfuture is truly all over the map, for years they said Vancouver's goaltending was weak when we had scheneider, lack and a hobey baker finalist in Cannata...riddle me that

Especially when it comes to goalies. It's like they forget about them as soon as they turn 21. All the sudden he's not a top prospect anymore and the guys drafted last 2 years are all the best goalie prospects in the world now.

All of their opponents in the Memorial Cup will be battle-tested and focused. The games are 1-and-done. You don't want to go into that ice cold after a 3-week break, healthy or not.