The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

putting alot of words in people's mouths. does kesler whine? ya absolutely. hank? no not so much. I dont see chara Zetterberg or spezza whine very much either. but some like toews and crosby and (giroux sometimes) take whining to another level.

point is some captains whine more than others. toews is one who whines more.

and its not a captains job to "whine". even pleading your case is silly. have you ever seen a ref changed his mind because a grown man with a C on his was kicking and screaming like a 6 year old girl? I haven't.

Anyone with a letter talks to the ref on behalf of the team. It's part of what the letter represents. Zack Kassian for example is not allowed to talk to the ref. If he "whines" he gets unsportsmanlike minor.

Everyone in the league with a freakin letter talks to the ref and pleads the teams case. A biased fan will call toews a cry baby all day. Just as a Chicago fan would call hank one. It's just the way it works.

And no I doubt whining to the ref works for the immediate call. Maybe it influences later decisions, I really don't know. I do know every game in the nhl all guys with letters are conversing with refs throughout the game and it's not about the weather.

Anyone with a letter talks to the ref on behalf of the team. It's part of what the letter represents. Zack Kassian for example is not allowed to talk to the ref. If he "whines" he gets unsportsmanlike minor.

Everyone in the league with a freakin letter talks to the ref and pleads the teams case. A biased fan will call toews a cry baby all day. Just as a Chicago fan would call hank one. It's just the way it works.

And no I doubt whining to the ref works for the immediate call. Maybe it influences later decisions, I really don't know. I do know every game in the nhl all guys with letters are conversing with refs throughout the game and it's not about the weather.

ya I dont know what your getting at with the letter business. im not dumb. they talk to the refs they dont get to thow their arms up in the air and act like morons. like toews. you really cant call me biased because I have 2 toews jerseys. again I dont know what your getting at hear. toews is a notorious whiner. more so than other "lettermen" such as spezza and chara for example.

putting alot of words in people's mouths. does kesler whine? ya absolutely. hank? no not so much. I dont see chara Zetterberg or spezza whine very much either. but some like toews and crosby and (giroux sometimes) take whining to another level.

and its not a captains job to "whine". even pleading your case is silly. have you ever seen a ref changed his mind because a grown man with a C on his was kicking and screaming like a 6 year old girl? I haven't.

One of the first rules of hockey. Once the ref makes a decision he's not chaning his mind so shut your mouth.

One of the first rules of hockey. Once the ref makes a decision he's not chaning his mind so shut your mouth.

yeah I agree - never understood why players yap so much at the ref unless he blatently missed something on a game defining play and you let him know he should discuss with the other ref/linesman or go up stairs

yeah I agree - never understood why players yap so much at the ref unless he blatently missed something on a game defining play and you let him know he should discuss with the other ref/linesman or go up stairs

I think it has more to do with the next call. But back to Horvat....

Is this a joke? Lmfao.

I honestly believe Horvat has something special in him. You can see it in his eyes, in his play, and the sky is the limit for him in my eyes. I honestly think he will be a very strong offensive presence in the league. He may not be Toews but I wouldn't be surprised if he cap'd close to or around his level. Comparing Kesler to Horvat is a nice idea but to be honest I think Horvat's offensive potential is much higher then Keslers. Kes can score against the lower quality teams fairly easily but he is not an elite scorer. Kesler is a secondary scoring asset I think Horvat could lead our top line if he can continue on his path and is developed correctly. Bo screams strong leadership, a very strong power of will, and he is the type of person who can change a game and change a team.

Think we really lucked out. I see something special in him. Agree or disagree with me. Only time will tell.

His play reminds me of Landeskog. Big strong smart two way center.

Landeskog's draft year stats:

2010-11 Kitchener Rangers OHL 53gp 36g 30a 66pts Playoffs: 7gp 6g 4a 10pts

Horvat's draft year stats:

2012-13 London Knights OHL 67gp 33g 28a 61pts Playoffs: 21gp 16g 7a 23pts

Horvats stats this year:

2013-14 London Knights OHL 54gp 30g 44a 74pts

Definitely don't expect him to have an immediate impact with the Canucks like Landeskog did with the Avs, but I see some similarities and wouldn't be surprised if Horvat becomes just as good!

• Upvote 3

So the Knights play the Storm in round 2. Anyone know anything about the Storm other than they had a great regular season? What are the Knight's chances of advancing? It would be fun to see them play Gaunce/Fox and the Otters in the semi's.

I knowbthey acquired rychel... that is all