The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Man on a mission: Alexander Radulov

He's russian, he's mean, he's a scoring machine and he's on a mission: Alexander Radulov.

Hanging around with Kostitsin in Nashville wasn't a good idea for Radulov. After 4 years in KHL Radulov is looking for a chance to rehabilitate himself in the NHL.

He's matured, has a kid and he has something to proof.

Come on, sign this guy. He's the nasty, physical power winger we're looking for.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bro.

6 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bro.

That suggests no?

So you are "Proposing and Armchair GM'ing" that JB should sign a locker room cancer and a player who hopes that a team is foolish enough to give him that one last contract that will make up for the stupidity of him choosing to earn Rubles instead of American dollars for the last few years.

JB better hurry up or he'll be out-GM'ed again.

I would in a heart beat as he is as good if not better then the top three and people want to trade away to much to get a top three pick when you can sign Radulov for free and he is proven.Saying that the top three might not make it or be a star.He would play with the twins and help us get to the playoffs and win!I would take him over stamkos only cause Stam gets hurt and would cost twice as much.Radulov is the type of player we need and want.People change, just cause he didn't do well the first time doesn't mean he wouldn't now.We have had a few players I wanted gone and people on here loved that were worse then Radulov so think people a player like this doesn't come for free often!

Yeaah, you are maybe right. I found this video where he hits a coach. .... Unbelievable.

I have never seen something like this. UNIQUE.

Crazy guy, but you can expect 30 goals a season. Some will pick him up...

I find it kind of silly that people think with an absolute certainty that somebody could not have matured between the age of 25 and 29.

By all accounts he has matured in the past couple of years.  Like many people, it has come as a result of starting a family.

Radulov was rumored to be unhappy during his time with Nashville, as well as having a large ego and curfew problems that resulted in his benching by then-coach Barry Trotz. But word is, so far during Holland’s digging, that Radulov is no longer the egocentric, headache-causing problem he was in his early-twenties.

Friends and teammates of Radulov cite his daughter and his family in helping put his off-ice antics behind him.

http://thehockeywriters.com/alexander-radulov-bring-detroit-red-wings/

I would be thrilled if we could manage to sign him, though I doubt we do.

Anyone old regret being an immature, arrogant, know it all that made some dumb choices when you were younger? 

If you answered yes, why would this player potentially be any different then you?

If if you answered no than your were probably to ugly to go out and or had no friends. 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Anyone old regret being an immature, arrogant, know it all that made some dumb choices when you were younger? 

If you answered yes, why would this player potentially be any different then you?

If if you answered no than your were probably to ugly to go out and or had no friends. 

No no no, who you are in your early 20's is who you are for life dude.

100%.  No going back.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

He is coming back to the NHL in hopes of scoring a big contract on previous skill and shoddy work ethic because the KHL is floundering and the ruble is tanking.

No thank you, like at all.

That is exactly the situation. The KHL is desperate as payrolls were often late and contracts were retroactively converted to rubles. Radulov had a kiss my ass attitude. Any team that signs him smacks of desperation,

1 hour ago, the harry said:

He's russian, he's mean, he's a scoring machine and he's on a mission: Alexander Radulov.

Hanging around with Kostitsin in Nashville wasn't a good idea for Radulov. After 4 years in KHL Radulov is looking for a chance to rehabilitate himself in the NHL.

He's matured, has a kid and he has something to proof.

Come on, sign this guy. He's the nasty, physical power winger we're looking for.

"He's the nasty, physical power winger we're looking for." What are you talking about? One name for you: Jake Virtanen.

Archived