The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is 6'7 Logan Brown the Jim Benning Sleeper pick ?

Positive Canuck

Would Edler waive?  If so and we could resign Hammer for a few more years, this would almost be a lateral move. 

Second question,is Edler worth Montreal's 1st?  

JB could let Edler know that he won't be protected from expansion if he refuses to waive. A guy like Edler would likely prefer Montreal to Vegas. 

15 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Would Edler waive?  If so and we could resign Hammer for a few more years, this would almost be a lateral move. 

JB could let Edler know that he won't be protected from expansion if he refuses to waive. A guy like Edler would likely prefer Montreal to Vegas. 

NTC's are protected regardless.

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Regarding the Edler proposal, with the potential departure of Hammer, you can't lose Edler as well. 

Edler has a NTC and isn't interested in leaving but if you could trade him for #9 overall and then replace him with hammer that would be awesome.

I'd trade Hansen for a low-end first rounder.. WPG 22nd perhaps (i've said this on other threads i know lol)

Trade Sbisa // Vey // Grenier // maybe Gaunce for 2nds//3rds to recoup picks in the first 3 rounds.

Trading Edler I am against only because he's the only 20+ point guy we have back there... Hutton maybe but he's too young to be put in that kind of position.

Just now, Stanky Legs said:

We could package our 2nd and the 3rd to move up and draft Logan Brown.

That second is gone with the McCann // Gudbranson trade.

1 hour ago, Positive Canuck said:

savage. 

Canucks with an average height of 6'5 would be epic.

Sign Lucic and Brouwer to top it off too? That would be an incredible addition of size and push back this summer. 

32 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

You can kinda say that + he broke Mcdavid record at some tourney. 

And his play looks amazing 

Yea Jost is definetly underrated because of his size. Easily would be the best NA skater if he were 2inches taller and playing in the chl

2 hours ago, Fateless said:

I'm starting to get bored/tired of people thinking size is all that matters in this league. Yes it is important and is integral to a team, but there are many small to average sized players that tear up this league. Would much rather we look to draft a complete player than someone that is trending high simply due to size. I have no desire to see the Canucks draft anyone other than Tkachuk or Dubois with the #5 pick, and even if they trade down into the 7-9 range, I'd rather see them pick up Juo or Chy before a forward.

I'm with Fateless, the only way they trade down is to get the offensive D they want.  Plus a 2nd.  But I would rather see them draft the BPA.  That means keeping 5OA and drafting a potential 1st line forward.

As far as not having a 2nd pick this year.  They made good use of it so I don't care.

What is so special about this draft is the top 15 players.  After that, it's not much different than any other year.

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Oooh that's a cold and interesting thought!

2 hours ago, Fateless said:

I'm starting to get bored/tired of people thinking size is all that matters in this league. Yes it is important and is integral to a team, but there are many small to average sized players that tear up this league. Would much rather we look to draft a complete player than someone that is trending high simply due to size. I have no desire to see the Canucks draft anyone other than Tkachuk or Dubois with the #5 pick, and even if they trade down into the 7-9 range, I'd rather see them pick up Juo or Chy before a forward.

You and a lot of fans are so caught up in what is assumed to be the set top 5. Brown is not just a big man. Brown is very skilled and as he adds some mussel he will get quicker and stronger. 

He will probably play around 240 ld.

I will not be shocked if Benning takes him with the 5th.

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Works both ways you know.

Edler could double dog dare JB and just say go ahead, leave me unprotected and get absolutely nothing for me.

While it's tempting for a 6'7" centre, but at #5 we have a few choices, he's not one of them.

Should we trade down?  No

Should we trade to acquire another 1st rounder?  Not if the organization is trying to make the playoffs, we don't really have assets to give up.

We have no more young players in surplus to go

We have no depth to trade a veteran that is worth anything as we have nothing to replace them.

The only potential I could see is Edler, if we can re-sign Hamhuis, but I need more than Brown for him

Archived