The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 hours ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

sbisa to las vegas and tanev or hutton to colorado?

i can wish right haha.

My guess would be Sbisa or Edler moved before the expansion draft or Vegas will be given a low pick to protect Sbisa. Hutton and maybe a prospect like McEneny/Subban moved as well. Personally Im hoping Hutton+ for a first, Dallas or Arizona maybe?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

sbisa to las vegas and tanev or hutton to colorado?

i can wish right haha.

IMO, one of Edler/Tanev/Sbisa gets moved ahead of the ED and then we'd have to move another guy to fit Juolevi. 

Could be Hutton. We'll see. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Sbisa to Vegas and Tanev or Hutton traded? Doubt it but could happen.

I honestly don't see Edler going anywhere. We'd fetch more from Tanev or Hutton.

Dont underestimate the value of Edler. He's still a top pairing D man with a few good years left in him. Look at what Burrows got in return and you'd think Edler would fetch a first+ or A level prospect+. Edler could net a good amount if he'd waive.

Have to imagine our D group is shaken up quite a bit next year. If Edler was traded id be very happy and if we got a really good forward for Hutton Id be stoked

Juolevi-Tanev

Sbisa-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Stetcher

If Edlers not traded before the expansion draft then Sbisa is probably gone instead.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Thats some high expectations to plop a 19 year old kid on your 1st pairing. 

That D looks ready for a 1st overall draft pick

No kidding eh. I dont see the point in rushing him into the line next year. Hes got a good coach and organizations in the ohl, and i think that's better for his development than getting pounded on with a terribe canucks team next year that consistently gives up 40+ shots a night. Rushing a defensmen that needs to add strength onto our team next year is asking for an injury.

49 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Dont underestimate the value of Edler. He's still a top pairing D man with a few good years left in him. Look at what Burrows got in return and you'd think Edler would fetch a first+ or A level prospect+. Edler could net a good amount if he'd waive.

I think he'd probably be more of a 4th defender on most teams that would want a veteran player like Edler.

I see Hutton or Tanev being moved over him. I'd prefer Edler to go, but I just don't see anyone biting on him as a commodity.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Have to imagine our D group is shaken up quite a bit next year. If Edler was traded id be very happy and if we got a really good forward for Hutton Id be stoked

Juolevi-Tanev

Sbisa-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Stetcher

If Edlers not traded before the expansion draft then Sbisa is probably gone instead.

I do not see Joulevi playing NHL next year. Camp + 9 games makes sense but that is all.

20 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I think he'd probably be more of a 4th defender on most teams that would want a veteran player like Edler.

I see Hutton or Tanev being moved over him. I'd prefer Edler to go, but I just don't see anyone biting on him as a commodity.

He'd be at worst 3rd D on all but maybe a few NHL teams with incredibly deep D.

That said, I agree Tanev is easier to move and likely has higher trade value. I also think we can afford to lose him more at this point as we have more ready guys capable of playing right D top 4 minutes/situations. 

35 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Thats some high expectations to plop a 19 year old kid on your 1st pairing. 

That D looks ready for a 1st overall draft pick

No kidding. If Juolevi has a GREAT summer, gets bigger, earns a spot at camp AND we make enough moves to make space for him, he's almost certainly starting out on the 3rd pair to shelter him.

I do not see Joulevi playing NHL next year. Camp + 9 games makes sense but that is all.

Only way that happens is with trades/injury. There's no room for a 9 game tryout without them.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

nope, it is almost a certainty that he returns to London and then a year in Utica after that.......imo

Just now, stawns said:

nope, it is almost a certainty that he returns to London and then a year in Utica after that.......imo

Totally agree. Canucks are not going anywhere for a couple of years. No need to hurry Joulevi. A year in Utica will start his pro career without the Vancouver BS from media and fans.

I noticed Tanev took a hard hit again last night and missed a shift or two. Came back and finished the game. I have a uneasy feeling about his long term durability not just in regular season but particularly in playoffs where he would be targeted. Benning has to deal a d-man before the Vegas draft, just say'in.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've always advocated moving Tanev, for that reason alone.  I love his game, but he is a target and he is not durable.  Move him while his value is high and before he suffers a serious injury and loses all that value.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've always advocated moving Tanev, for that reason alone.  I love his game, but he is a target and he is not durable.  Move him while his value is high and before he suffers a serious injury and loses all that value.

Definitely. He's only hit the 70 game mark once, and never a full season. His build and lack of elusiveness make him a massive injury risk.

It'd suck to see him go because he's a rock when he is in the lineup, but it would be smart to move him now.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Much the way Stecher is a target now.  Both play or have played with Edler who deos nothing to protect his more vulnerable partner.  It's fine to have guys like that on your blue line but they need a partner like Guddy or Try to keep other teams from taking liberties. 

As for Tanev, hate to lose him but his injuries are taking a toll and it would be better to get a solid young asset for the future.