The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] F Taylor Hall to Devils for D Adam Larsson

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sounds like CDC after every single move that Benning makes....

I think that may resemble the initial reaction to the Gudbranson deal more than people around here may want to acknowledge. 

I bet if we got McDavid for Dorsett and a 6th round pick people would be freaking out over losing the 6th. XD

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sounds like CDC after every single move that Benning makes....

I think that may resemble the initial reaction to the Gudbranson deal more than people around here may want to acknowledge. 

So true 

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea, but maybe a system that utilizes his offense more, who knows?

Worst part of this trade for me as a Canucks fan is not being able to see Gudbranson lay out Hall when he comes flying down the ice with his head down. I was looking forward to that.

I can picture a Lucic Gudbranson run in, or two, or three...

That should be very interesting... And entertaining...

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Does this trade have parallels to any other trades people can think of?

Where a young star forward was traded for a late blooming D-man? And it actually ended up being a win for the team that got the D-man?

OMGZZZ.   Jovanovski has never scored moar than 23 pts in 82 gamez in Florida.

And he's already 23eeeee.   Has reached his peak.  If he hasn't by 2four, he nevarrr willllllllzzzzzzzzzz!

Pavel Burrrrrrrrraayyyy had 90tttteeeeee pts last yeeeeerrr  :(((((

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

OMGZZZ.   Jovanovski has never scored moar than 23 pts in 82 gamez in Florida.

And he's already 23eeeee.   Has reached his peak.  If he hasn't by 2four, he nevarrr willllllllzzzzzzzzzz!

why do you type like that sometimes?...

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

what would the fanbase and media here be saying if JB traded Bo Horvat for Larsson....and many would argue that Bo will never be the offensive type of player Hall is.

Its not the same.  We no longer even have McCann as a plan B for a young centre.

The Oil are full of young wingers> Pulli, Eberle, Cagiula, Maroon, cough Kassian, Yakupov. Plus centres RNH, Draisaitl, McDavid who can easily play wing.

Forget value and look at your team.  The move could not be considered.

So Edmonton is retooling their rebuild. Just look at how all those first round, and many first overall, draft picks have resulted in multiple trips to the playoffs and a Stanley Cup.

Oh, wait.

Every single one of those players was supposed to be the saviour that the team could build around.

Hopefully this should provide enough evidence to prove that "tanking" to get high picks could be a waste of time.

Especially now that even being the worst team in the league only gets you a 20 per cent chance of landing the 1st overall pick.

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Its not the same.  We no longer even have McCann as a plan B for a young centre.

The Oil are full of young wingers> Pulli, Eberle, Cagiula, Maroon, cough Kassian, Yakupov. Plus centres RNH, Draisaitl, McDavid who can easily play wing.

Forget value and look at your team.  The move could not be considered.

Nugent-Hopkins for Dumba may have been a lower risk/higher reward move. It might even still happen.

I personally think they should have explored trading Eberle and RNH first. If I was a team that had three star centers, I would wanna see one of the centers traded before a winger. Maybe they did and there was no interest though.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

combover finds a way to complain about Benning as a result of the Hall/Larsson deal not including any pickzzzz. 

I love CDC.

All hail Combover. He's a freakin genius. I sure he's slagging  Benning ibecause he didn't get in on the Weber - Subban deal .:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Connor McDavid is going to miss Taylor Hall.

"I don't know if I can ever repay (Taylor Hall). He took me under his wing. It’s hard to explain how much that means to me.”

I thought it was the bag of Lays and the stalker phone calls from Messy-eh that were so comforting.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Does this trade have parallels to any other trades people can think of?

Where a young star forward was traded for a late blooming D-man? And it actually ended up being a win for the team that got the D-man?

Bure was 27 not 24 and blew his ACL for a second time within 2 months after joining Florida. In spite of that he ended up scoring almost 60 goals a year for the next two years for Florida. 

How exactyy did we WiN that trade?  Jovo led us to one playoff round victory in 7 years while Bure led us to one goal away from a Stanley Cup championship?

Just now, Harvey Spector said:

Bure was 27 not 24 and blew his ACL for a second time within 2 months after joining Florida. In spite of that he ended up scoring almost 60 goals a year for the next two years for Florida. 

How exactyy did we WiN that trade?  Jovo led us to one playoff round victory in 7 years while Bure led us to one goal away from a Stanley Cup championship?

I wasn't even referring to a specific trade, oldnews referenced that one.

I was merely posing the question.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I thought it was the bag of Lays and the stalker phone calls from Messy-eh that were so comforting.

"Connor! Come fishing with me."

"Connor! I'm watching you on your stationary bike!"

Connor! Come ride three wheel motorcycles with me.  I'll drive!

connor!

connoooorrrrrr!

yeah.

that was hard to watch.

Just now, Harvey Spector said:

Jovo led us to one playoff round victory in 7 years while Bure led us to one goal away from a Stanley Cup championship?

Red herring.  No individual 'led' or failed to 'lead' us to anything.

It's a team game.  Teams go to one playoff round in 7 years, teams get to within one goal of a Stanley Cup.

And Hall never lead Edmonton to anything aside from more and more 1st overall picks, so what point is your tangent really?

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Connor McDavid is going to miss Taylor Hall.

"I don't know if I can ever repay (Taylor Hall). He took me under his wing. It’s hard to explain how much that means to me.”

Adam Henrique doesn't care, he's probably jumping for joy right now.

Archived