The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] F Taylor Hall to Devils for D Adam Larsson

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think Larsson has more offensive upside that he can tap into, Gudbranson on the other hand may have reached that potential.

Credit to Benning though, he saw an opportunity and he wasted no time getting a deal done. Acquiring top 4 d-men is so hard to do now, Chiarelli just proved that.

Gud thinks he can provide more offense himself.  Be that as it may, he has so much more jam which is just what the Canucks were after.

Aside:  I wonder what Tallon thinks of Rowe's moves?

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Connor McDavid is going to miss Taylor Hall.

"I don't know if I can ever repay (Taylor Hall). He took me under his wing. It’s hard to explain how much that means to me.”

Don't worry Mr. McJesus, you will have a new mentor to take you under their wing and show you the way to being a model player and a model human being...

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Gud thinks he can provide more offense himself.  Be that as it may, he has so much more jam which is just what the Canucks were after.

Aside:  I wonder what Tallon thinks of Rowe's moves?

You gotta think if Florida held out longer they could have got much more.

37 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I would trade Tanev for Puljujarvi in 1 microsecond, and I'm a big Tanev fan. Always have been. 

Would it be better for Edmonton? As a Canucks fan I honestly wouldn't care :P

I was realllly hoping Pulj would fall through Edmonton, but he didn't, and I'm happy with Juolevi. I wanted another top pick in this past draft, if Tanev turned into a #4 overall that would have to be a no brainer for JB to accept. 

It'll never happen unfortunately.  Chirelli is trying to alter the team culture and I think that Hall was seen as central to it.  I wonder who is the next to fall?

Just now, DeNiro said:

The Bure trade never even crossed my mind to be honest.

Did you think I was specifically talking about that trade? If so, sorry to disappoint.

I believe you when you say you didn't have anything in mind.;)

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

So in your mind Larsson > Nurse? I'm not sold on either being a strong fit in the west, but if Lucic doesn't sign there in July (and even if he does really) the Oil are definitely east meets west.

I think Larsson thinks a better game than nurse, for sure, but is obviously a lot softer.  They might actually compliment each other well.

3 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Don't worry Mr. McJesus, you will have a new mentor to take you under their wing and show you the way to being a model player and a model human being...

Lesson 1 Connor: How to sucker punch someone in the back of the head.

Step 1: Wait till they look away

Step 2: Punch away

Step 3: Whine to the refs as if you're the one that has been victimized

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nugent-Hopkins for Dumba may have been a lower risk/higher reward move. It might even still happen.

I personally think they should have explored trading Eberle and RNH first. If I was a team that had three star centers, I would wanna see one of the centers traded before a winger. Maybe they did and there was no interest though.

I don't disagree.  On any of these counts.

Makes sense for Minny especially. Who have been hitting the skids at some point in the season for years now. Even with some high priced talent.  Their problem is they sulk up the middle.  Frack, Pomminville and Vanek even scored with CoHo. :wacko: 

It might be selling high on Dumba though.  But that's just my opinion. And it doesn't mean there isn't a deal there.

Hey, you also used to watch a lot of juniors.  WTF is with Reinhart?  He seemed very composed with the Oil Kings.  Was one of the best D, although not prolific, at the WJC's?  Is he another Hodgson, just too slow?   (I always thought Reinhart would be good.)

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Hey, you also used to watch a lot of juniors.  WTF is with Reinhart?  He seemed very composed with the Oil Kings.  Was one of the best D, although not prolific, at the WJC's?  Is he another Hodgson, just too slow?   (I always thought Reinhart would be good.)

The Islanders are gaining a track record of ruining top 5 picks.

I was reading an article about the 17 worst top 5 picks since 2000 and I think the Islanders had like 6 of them.

Something seriously wrong in their development,

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Red herring.  No individual 'led' or failed to 'lead' us to anything.

It's a team game.  Teams go to one playoff round in 7 years, teams get to within one goal of a Stanley Cup.

And Hall never lead Edmonton to anything aside from more and more 1st overall picks, so what point is your tangent really?

Bob asked a question and I gave him an answer and posed another question at him?  What's your issue and why do you keep talking like a puppet?

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Connor McDavid is going to miss Taylor Hall.

"I don't know if I can ever repay (Taylor Hall). He took me under his wing. It’s hard to explain how much that means to me.”

I'm sure Connor will quickly forget Hall, once Puljujarvi starts getting into gear......The Oilers have no lack of firepower up front.

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nugent-Hopkins for Dumba may have been a lower risk/higher reward move. It might even still happen.

I personally think they should have explored trading Eberle and RNH first. If I was a team that had three star centers, I would wanna see one of the centers traded before a winger. Maybe they did and there was no interest though.

I could be wrong but I would bet they explored trading RNH, Eberle and Yak before ever thinking about trading Hall. Once they determined the market for those other guys wasn't going to land them a decent quality Dman they went the Hall route and ended up doing the deal with New Jersey.

26 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Shanahan for Pronger? 

Wasn't Shanahan the arbitrators award for the offer sheet signing of Pronger?  Not a trade??

But speaking of Pronger.  Anaheim made out fine sending a pile of crap to Edmonton for big Chris. What was there, Lupul and what else in that deal???

edit > just googled.  Was also some picks. One was Rile Nash.  Another Eberle...   Oops.

edit two > argggh.  Pronger and Shanny were traded for each other.

Think I'll just go for a nap now...

Archived