The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks the consensus to finish 30th - dead last in the NHL this season ......

Bertuzzi44ever

On a very popular forum for hockey, I don't know the rules because I don't have time fo read every word of them right now but I am assuming you can't advertise other sites, so I will just say that the general consensus based on number of votes has people thinking Vancouver is going to be the worst team in the NHL this year. Thoughts?

(I would link the thread but I don't know the rules against it, if I can I will edit this post)

so are most of us out to lunch or does everybody think we're that bad?

Just now, ItsMillerTime said:

Toronto? Canucks had a playoff spot for like half the season.

The argument over there was that was due to Calgary Edmonton Arizona being horrible and Anaheim and la and even the Sharks at times who had terrible starts. 

i have just never seen such a different outlook from place to place seems like Vancouver is going to be boom or bust, surprise the world or be awful and stuck

10 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

On a very popular forum for hockey, I don't know the rules because I don't have time fo read every word of them right now but I am assuming you can't advertise other sites, so I will just say that the general consensus based on number of votes has people thinking Vancouver is going to be the worst team in the NHL this year. Thoughts?

(I would link the thread but I don't know the rules against it, if I can I will edit this post)

so are most of us out to lunch or does everybody think we're that bad?

I'm sure everyone "thinks" (hopes?) we're that bad. But that doesn't mean their opinions have any basis in reality. 

It absolutely wasn't a consensus that the canucks would be dead last on hfboards. Carolina, Columbus, Toronto and Colorado were also considered as candidates. A lot think the canucks are going to be bad, but not everyone was thinking dead last bad.

When fully healthy, the lineup doesn't suck that badly. Not badly enough to finish last, at least.

However, this is Vancouver where practically everyone will get hurt at some point during the season just because. Even when that happened last season, though, the Canucks still couldn't finish last.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Having said that, there's no chance we finish dead last unless we have another injury laden season. Goaltending and team defence alone should keep us competitive in most games. Goal scoring could go either way. It all hinges on Daniel and Henriks chemistry with Loui, and what kind of secondary scoring we get. If Sutter stays healthy we automatically have more depth at centre which should allow guys like Bo and Sven better opportunities against weaker competition. I think people really understate the impact Sutter's injury had on the team as a whole last season. No, he's not a guy that will carry the offensive attack, but he's critical to the matchup game. 

If I were a betting man, I'd say that the Canucks are going to find themselves in the fight for a playoff spot (7th/8th), if they stay relatively healthy. If the injury bug hits as hard as it did last year, they'll be dwelling in Garry's basement. 

Archived