The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will we re-sign Vrbata?

sedinsforever

20 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Vrbata had some pretty honest words with his departure about being utilized in ways that he didn't agree with.  He expected to be playing with the best players and not with the rookies.  The fact that he didn't like this along with the direction of the club seems to indicate the lack of compatibility going forward.  Also, the Canucks are looking for leadership skills, not guys who are going along for the ride.  So short answer, Vrbata has played his last day as a Canuck in my opinion.

I always remember Mogiliny saying some thing similar to Pat Quinn. Quinn told him Alex you're the vet on the line now it's your  turn to make others look better rather than you just playing off some one else's hard work.

Vrbata has played his last game in the NHL

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I always remember Mogiliny saying some thing similar to Pat Quinn. Quinn told him Alex you're the vet on the line now it's your  turn to make others look better rather than you just playing off some one else's hard work.

Vrbata has played his last game in the NHL

I think you probably right. I would think he is played himself out of the league .

Europe for a few more seasons would be the likely destination.

From what i have told, finishing off the career in Europe can be a real highlite for players....

Living in a foreign country... less travelling.  Seeing new things.... Less pressure than the NHL.

Very good experience from what i  have been told. 

35 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think you probably right. I would think he is played himself out of the league .

Europe for a few more seasons would be the likely destination.

From what i have told, finishing off the career in Europe can be a real highlite for players....

Living in a foreign country... less travelling.  Seeing new things.... Less pressure than the NHL.

Very good experience from what i  have been told. 

Vrbata is a Czech National he was living in a foreign country when he lived in Canada/USA

6 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

900k to 1.25 for one yearmax

Yeah, I wouldn't mind bringing him back in a low ball type deal.  *hehe*  Obviously nobody is knocking on the door to get him right now and he doesn't have many options.  We get a proven NHLer who still has good offensive abilities for a low risk type contract; JB said he wanted to get a guy to take some pressure of Baercheese, Verby fits the bill.  It'd also be nice to give Virtanen some time to develop in Utica.  Verby seems to have some roots here as he spent two seasons with us.  it'll be an opportunity to show that he can still play in the NHL.  He'd really have to check his attitude out the window and come to play hard every night and not complain wherever he is slotted.  If he's willing to sign a low contract and come in with a good attitude, why not?  Heck, if he can prove he still has gas in the tank and simply just push 20-30G, he could be a good commodity around TDD for us to maybe recoup a 2nd-3rd round pick.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

Can't wait to see this guy re-sign with Arizona and shut the smug CDC'rs who - based off of his second season here - believe he's washed up the hell up. 

These are are the same CDC'rs who believe Burrows is still relevant. 

I thought he had already signed with Arizona?  

9 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

Has it been officially announced yet? When I last saw the report either yesterday or Sunday, it wasn't official. 

Good question.  With all the discussion, I thought it was a done deal.  I wonder what the hold up on it could be?  

5 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

No idea. According to NHL.com it is a done deal: 1yr $1M. 

And bonuses that could earn him up to 3 M, I heard.  How can these bottom feeder Cap teams sign the Vrbata type players, and still beat us?  

I would take a Vrbata/Pirri/Hudler over Burr to add scoring

Burr will try and score 10-15 this year esp with his pp time (minus the pp's goals against)

It would be nice to pick up someone who could push for more like 20-30 if possible.

Burr has had only one short handed goal in the last 3 years before that he had 16 SHG's 

He has definitely lost a step or two.

Archived