The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - BUF

BUF: Juolevi, Boeser

VAN: Reinhart, (Kane*) 

*Or not. would need about $5m in additional cap space to fit Kane.

Reinhart is lower on the C depth chart than when drafted which may make him available for a high price.

Boeser w/ Eichel & Juolevi w/ Ristolainen is what attracts BUF to these players IMO.  

Just an idea. Probably a bad one. Reinhart would fit nicely in VAN though. 

Call me a homer but I wouldn't do this deal. Boeser to me seems like the real deal. I know I know he hasn't played a game yet so lets have him play a season or two before we go looking to trading him. I see promise there and first line potential 35-40 type seasons from Boeser in his prime.As for Juolevi the Canucks just drafted a PMD that has Hockey IQ off the charts. He has the potential to be a solid #2 and a 40 PT defensemen for 15 years for the Canucks. Reinhart is probably going to be a 1st line centre but we have no wingers that have first like potential to play with him. Whats the point of a first line centre to play him with Virtanen and Baertschi. Like both however the potential is 2nd liner with both. unless things change. And Kane is a wildcard to many issues will just wreck what Benning has put together which is leadership, accountability and strong work ethic. Kane doesn't tic any of those so ill pass. Ill take our potential 1st line Right winger and potential top 2 defensemen in Juolevi over Reinhart and Kane just IMO

I wouldn't trade Joulevi under any circumstance, but I don't think the value is that far off. It would be hard for Sabres fans not to like those 2 coming back. That said, I don't think Buffalo wants to trade Sam, and I don't think Vancouver wants to trade Joulevi right after drafting him.

At least I don't want them to.

As others have said, the value is definitely there. The problem is that the Canucks, whether they admit it or not, are in a rebuilding phase. More importantly, until they drafted Juolevi, the Canucks hadn't drafted a defenseman before the 3rd round, dating back to 2008. Among many other reasons, that's why the future on the backend looks atrocious.

While getting Reinhart would be nice for the Canucks, trading away Juolevi would be two huge steps back. And taking on Kane is a mistake, regardless of what the Canucks give in return.

6 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Pretty much.

Reinhart's great and all, but no way I'm moving both Juolevi and Boeser for him - especially if you want to add in Kane, his issues and his cap space.

I feel like Buffalo can make the playoffs with them there but Juolevi and Boeser won't be playing in the NHL. No point.

23 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Reinhart is lower on the C depth chart than when drafted which may make him available for a high price.

Boeser w/ Eichel & Juolevi w/ Ristolainen is what attracts BUF to these players IMO.  

That is a horrible trade for us. No way we trade Juolevi or Boeser for pretty much anyone especially not Reinhart.

Right now Kane is worth zero. His case is pending and he can/will be charged. Until all of that is resolved, he can not play in the NHL.

I would not trade anything for him until all of that is gone. Alternatively, I would not trade anything for him because he will most likely be charged with some kind of criminal harassment/assault and is likely to do it again.

On 9/2/2016 at 9:45 AM, Canada Hockey Place said:

We don't need Kane here right now. He's a distraction that we don't need.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/prosecutor-submits-new-evidence-sabres-forward-kane/

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:23 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

the only monkey wrench is Kane, who needs the headache especially at that price point-- is a win for buff

have to pass

Then you need someone like Marcus Foligno coming back. Not the offensive threat of Kane but a big body who can crash and score occasionally. Have to give something for your #1 C in a trade.

Archived