The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks working on one of Landeskog or Marleau

Type R

On September 14, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Ronaldoescobar said:

Could see the Canucks making a bid for Marleau as they like the veteran presence for the young guys.. Being SJ though and in our conference it would probably cost us more far than it is worth say a Virtanen + late pick, whereas he would go for a late pick alone to the east.

Landeskog is not happening... Unless you want to see Colorado take Horvat / Boeser + Tanev +  Juolevi /1st round pick (most likely lottery), which would decimate an already poor team.. We just cant afford what it would take to land him if he were even on the block which is still speculation.

stop smoking meth   landeskog is not worth horvat boeser tanev juolevi and a first hell i wouldnt even give that much for ovi and hes best player in nhl

52 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I believe Escobar has another favorite substance...

you believe correctly although its not white ;P

@canuktrevella: I didnt mean all those players I meant Horvat or Boeser and Olli or a first... I also would not make the deal from Vancouver's point of view just thinking that would be the ask from Colorado for trading to a conference rival.

And like a few have already pointed out... the Hall trade has in no way set the market rate for Dmen.

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

@canuktrevella: I didnt mean all those players I meant Horvat or Boeser and Olli or a first... I also would not make the deal from Vancouver's point of view just thinking that would be the ask from Colorado for trading to a conference rival.

And like a few have already pointed out... the Hall trade has in no way set the market rate for Dmen.

I'm going to assume that you're an environmentalist like me, and that you believe in the power of going green. :lol:

Fair enough. It looks like you meant three of those players. Horvat and Tanev or Olli plus a pick would most likely be the ask, I agree there.

This summer was crazy with the trades, and none of them really set any market rate at all. Far too many insane moves to find a baseline from.

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

boeser, horvat and juolevi and our first are going nowhere   i could seen tanev and jackets second being traded thats about it 

14 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

boeser, horvat and juolevi and our first are going nowhere   i could seen tanev and jackets second being traded thats about it 

then a deal probably won't happen. can't see colorado not wanting of those promising prospects from us. if we don't part with any one of them. then it's not likely that the Avs part with Landeskog. 

3 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

I would do Virtanen+2nd for Landeskog. JV hasn't shown as many flashes as we would like. 

not yet. a bit too soon to be saying things like that. maybe wait until this year is done before making statements like that. if jake can improve on the 15 points that he accumulated last year. would be a good growth year for his game and confidence. i'm hoping he can get 30 points. 

22 hours ago, Pears said:

You're excited about the fact that getting Marleau would be a waste of assets and makes absolutely no sense for us to go after?

Like you have a perfect proposal for JB to improve this team or you don't really care?? This team needs almost any veterans with a proven track record to help out... unless you think Horvat and Virtanen on the 2nd line can help take this team to the playoffs...?????

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

You are cute.  Assessment means nothing, when the market was set by recent local sales.  The elite shut down D market is set.  If Sakic wants Tanev he will need to pay the price.  If he doesn't someone else will.  My neighbour's house, which is lesser than mine ( Larsen) sold for 3 mil. (Hall) I wouldn't even look at a 2 mil offer.  (Landeskog) unless it came with a downtown condo worth 1.5 mil( second round pick). See, exactly like real estate.

Local sales, like the $1.25M house that also sold? Why does the one $3M house dictate the market, especially if there were massive conditions that forced that deal to be so expensive? And why would all the other buyers, who aren't pressed to buy something so specific, pay more for something they don't even need?

I think we've argued it enough, and obviously you're set on Tanev being the best thing since sliced bread and the Avs (and everyone else) wanting him so bad they'd pay up whatever it cost when that's clearly not the case. Unless you can come up with something more tangible than "one house sold for $3M", there's no point continuing this.

3 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

What if the guy who paid 3 mill had a bunch of cash to wave around, but is now out of the market?  You can ask whatever you want, but you can only talk to someone who wants to buy a house.  How long will you wait to sell?  You could just keep the house forever, insisting that only you know it's worth.  But it's actual worth can only be determined by deal-making, which takes two.

Chiarelli: "No, I'm gonna need Larsson and a first".

Shero: "Okay, call me next week."

It's called pressure.  Which side has to make a deal?  Also, the housing market analogy is useless for about 26 reasons.

Yup. As has been stated this was a one off deal where there is no corresponding pattern to indicate this is market value.

Archived