The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks working on one of Landeskog or Marleau

Type R

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Canucks won't get Landeskog. Sakic isn't going to accept a Larsson type D for his young star captain. I think Chiarelli gave away too much to get Larsson, but maybe Hall was a problem in the room (primadonna) and he wanted him out. The Oilers also filled a need on their D. Sakic will ask a whole lot more for Landeskog. Probably something like Tanev + 1st. That's when JB hangs up the phone.

If it's Tanev + 1st, I'll certainly think about it.

4 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Wonder who will be available on the waiver wire...

dont think the Canucks have assets to acquire a top 6. You have to draft them 

This is exactly what Im thinking.

Why give up assets in a deal if you could potentially make an addition by bumping someone to the minors.  

Therell for sure be a couple players of interest, both dmen and wingers.  And I believe that waiver wire goes off of last season standings to start, so Canucks have 3rd go at the available players.

I really dont believe therell be a major trade, but if the twins and eriksson keep doing well at the WCH, I think that increases the odds of a deal as ownership will want to further support them.

Should be interesting, but I dont see Tanev going anywhere unless theres another Dman coming back, or we find a deal to knock our socks off

14 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

If it's Tanev + 1st, I'll certainly think about it.

Then it's Tanev and one of Patrick, Liljegren, Vilardi or Vesalainen.

Because without Tanev and 1 single injury to our blue line we're drafting top 5.  Think it's worth it?

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Trading anything of value towards our future for a 37 year old Marleau would be a huge mistake.

I agree entirely.  but if we have a competitive camp and sbisa is on the outside looking in.

would a sbisa + gaunce for Marleau be a terrible deal for a playoff push?

I personally love the character gaunce has developed simmering in the AHL and I think it will help the team down the road with his grounded leadership. 

but would a gaunce, granlund, or other current 4th liner with upside be worth a marleau Ifor packaged with a sbisa. 

just thought I'd raise that as a question to be discussed.  if they feel marleau has another 2-3 years of productive play.. would it be worth it for vancouver.

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Tanev for Landy straight up 

Larson and Tanev have similar contracts, so avs should pay a premium for his cap hit and being a dman. 

No way I'd add a 1st or one of our big name guys 

not a chance.  tanev and a 1st maybe.

21 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I agree entirely.  but if we have a competitive camp and sbisa is on the outside looking in.

would a sbisa + gaunce for Marleau be a terrible deal for a playoff push?

I personally love the character gaunce has developed simmering in the AHL and I think it will help the team down the road with his grounded leadership. 

but would a gaunce, granlund, or other current 4th liner with upside be worth a marleau Ifor packaged with a sbisa. 

just thought I'd raise that as a question to be discussed.  if they feel marleau has another 2-3 years of productive play.. would it be worth it for vancouver.

If you could swing a deal that involved guys with little value that are waiver eligible and on the bubble like Grenier and Pedan I'd look into it but It might be a better move giving up more for Landeskog if he is on the market.

26 minutes ago, apollo said:

Tanev for Landy straight up 

Larson and Tanev have similar contracts, so avs should pay a premium for his cap hit and being a dman. 

No way I'd add a 1st or one of our big name guys 

Love the enthusiasm, but nope.  Not even close.  

You need to add that 1st at least.  

Tanev is great, but his lack of size and scoring will always keep his value lower than we think it should be.  

Also, the Larsen/Hall trade was a joke and will not dictate the market value of other Dmen.  

Every GM, fan, sports guy in the world knows Edmonton got bent over big time. 

Archived