The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They'll need someone to replace Trouba this season if they wanna have any chance.

My guess is he'll be traded for a D-man of lesser value along with some picks and prospects.

That's tough eh? Either take a younger player with the same potential upside or a lesser Dman. What would you do? 

4 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

All in I say

Juolevi + 2017 1st rounder 

Y'know stuff Winnipeg would actually WANT, stuff we could maybe OUTBID other teams with, a trade proposal that might work in  real-life

Trouba is not worth that though.  How about we don't want Trouba, and offer nothing, because JB knows he's better off with the guys he already has on the right side?

2 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

All in I say

Juolevi + 2017 1st rounder 

Y'know stuff Winnipeg would actually WANT, stuff we could maybe OUTBID other teams with, a trade proposal that might work in  real-life

So....stuff they want.

By offering them futures.  One of which will end up stuck again in the depth chart when they're trying to compete and win now.

And from our perspective you're giving up a potential top 2 d and possibly a lottery pick 1st rounder for a guy who is going to be a solid top 4 or #2 when we need the depth and futures.

Again.  Wait until Monty chimes in before getting crazy

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

That's tough eh? Either take a younger player with the same potential upside or a lesser Dman. What would you do? 

With Morrissey coming up through the system, I would take the lesser D along with some picks and prospects and keep adding to the amazing depth they have.

Byflugien and Myers are both ahead of him on the right side. They could use a solid left shot D-man to balance things out.

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Until Monty chimes in I'm not saying a damned thing except 

We don't have the assets to make this happen.

Look to Buffalo Toronto Arizona or even Florida 

But not Vancouver 

First, it's surprising to know one in Winnipeg that he's requested a trade. Logic indicated to all that when they acquired Myers by trading away "Brittle Bones Magee" that Trouba was going to be traded. Nobody in Winnipeg is losing sleep over it. One of the many, many benefits from being as deep with RHD and prospects as they are.

Secondly, I would bet that any trade with a Western Conference team would first be VERY unlikely; but secondly, if it were to occur, they would look first to Arizona and then Colorado. However, Landeskog is not needed by them, and he's the rumoured one out in Colorado. So I'd say that leaves Arizona as the only option in the West, and Chevy would want overpayment if trading to a wildcard competitior. Likely looking at Stone and a prospect (ie: Garland, Wood).

However, this is going to go to the East. Toronto may take a run at him, but I'd see Winnipeg asking for Kadri and a prospect in return (ie: Dermott). Outside Canada, look to Boston and Philly (needs a good RHD option, beyond Gudas).

There are a lot of options for the Jets. And luckily, they are so loaded with young and terrific talent that losing Trouba for whatever they get in return will not hurt them in the slightest.

So to add, not Vancouver.

Contrary to what several people have said, we most certainly have the pieces to make this trade happen. If Winnipeg wants a defenseman as the main piece of a return then they will not finding a better fit/offer than Chris Tanev. It's just a matter of what we would have to add. The pressure is on Winnipeg to make a deal. We don't have to make that trade, so we're definitely not going to over pay.

Name another D better than Tanev that's potentially available in a trade. You can't. Hamonic has rescinded his trade request. Plus the Islanders are in win mode and already loaded with prospects, so there's no reason for them to trade Hamonic for a younger Dman.

So it just comes down to what Winnipeg wants in a trade. If they're set on getting a Dman then it will likely be Tanev and a 2nd or something like that. If they ask for more, JB hangs up the phone. There's literally no pressure for JB to make this trade. Hell, Subban was traded for Weber one for one and PK is 4 years younger. So even a straight swap of Tanev for Trouba might work.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

With Morrissey coming up through the system, I would take the lesser D along with some picks and prospects and keep adding to the amazing depth they have.

Byflugien and Myers are both ahead of him on the right side. They could use a solid left shot D-man to balance things out.

Doesn't Edler shoot left?

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

First, it's surprising to know one in Winnipeg that he's requested a trade. Logic indicated to all that when they acquired Myers by trading away "Brittle Bones Magee" that Trouba was going to be traded. Nobody in Winnipeg is losing sleep over it. One of the many, many benefits from being as deep with RHD and prospects as they are.

Secondly, I would bet that any trade with a Western Conference team would first be VERY unlikely; but secondly, if it were to occur, they would look first to Arizona and then Colorado. However, Landeskog is not needed by them, and he's the rumoured one out in Colorado. So I'd say that leaves Arizona as the only option in the West, and Chevy would want overpayment if trading to a wildcard competitior. Likely looking at Stone and a prospect (ie: Garland, Wood).

However, this is going to go to the East. Toronto may take a run at him, but I'd see Winnipeg asking for Kadri and a prospect in return (ie: Dermott). Outside Canada, look to Boston and Philly (needs a good RHD option, beyond Gudas).

There are a lot of options for the Jets. And luckily, they are so loaded with young and terrific talent that losing Trouba for whatever they get in return will not hurt them in the slightest.

So to add, not Vancouver.

There you are.

Didn't consider Boston as I don't think they're deep enough to afford him.

Arizona has the forward prospects without question 

What about a team like Carolina, Columbus or Florida?  All deeper at forward and the added pick could be lottery worthy.

And in regards to Toronto Kari?   I think there's better than Kari available for such a guy especially with the world cup he just had.

Needless to say.  The Jets don't really need yet more futures.  Yet will get them.  Don't really need more vets yet will get them.

Hard not to envy that depth of youth

2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Contrary to what several people have said, we most certainly have the pieces to make this trade happen. If Winnipeg wants a defenseman as the main piece of a return then they will not finding a better fit/offer than Chris Tanev. It's just a matter of what we would have to add. The pressure is on Winnipeg to make a deal. We don't have to make that trade, so we're definitely not going to over pay.

Name another D better than Tanev that's potentially available in a trade. You can't. Hamonic has rescinded his trade request. Plus the Islanders are in win mode and already loaded with prospects, so there's no reason for them to trade Hamonic for a younger Dman.

So it just comes down to what Winnipeg wants in a trade. If they're set on getting a Dman then it will likely be Tanev and a 2nd or something like that. If they ask for more, JB hangs up the phone. There's literally no pressure for JB to make this trade. Hell, Subban was traded for Weber one for one and PK is 4 years younger. So even a straight swap of Tanev for Trouba might work.

No...no we don't have the depth or pieces to outbid anyone who will take a run at Trouba.

Not without creating even more holes.

Added there's little to no chance Chevy trades him out west

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Trouba

To Winnipeg:

Travis Sanheim

Flyers 1st 2017

I'm a Jets fan so I'm obviously looking for the best return possible. Would the Flyers consider this? I could see them giving up Sanheim with Gostisbehere and Provorov both likely ahead of his on the left side of the depth chart; Morin is left handed as well. 1st might be a little steep though.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

No...no we don't have the depth or pieces to outbid anyone who will take a run at Trouba.

Not without creating even more holes.

Added there's little to no chance Chevy trades him out west

How does Tanev for Trouba create a hole?

Name a defenseman that is potentially available and better than Tanev. 

This all comes down to what Chevy is looking for in a trade. If he wants forwards then we're not a good trade partner.

2 minutes ago, da.moose said:

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Trouba

To Winnipeg:

Travis Sanheim

Flyers 1st 2017

I'm a Jets fan so I'm obviously looking for the best return possible. Would the Flyers consider this? I could see them giving up Sanheim with Gostisbehere and Provorov both likely ahead of his on the left side of the depth chart; Morin is left handed as well. 1st might be a little steep though.

Philly is the Jets best trading partner on this one. I'm sure they'll try and go after Provorov as well, especially considering he played in Brandon, so he's already familiar with prairie life.  However, even then Sanheim has the edge as he's from Manitoba.

Philly wants to win now, just as much as any team. Giroux isn't getting any younger, and they can sure as he'll afford to part with Sanheim or Provorov for Trouba.

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

This all comes down to what Chevy is looking for in a trade. If he wants forwards then we're not a good trade partner.

Why would the Jets trade him back out west for a smaller less offensive d man who would be stuck behind Byfuglien and Myers?   Especially one making millions more a year.

If he wants D if he wants forwards or futures...we're not a good trade partner 

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Lets not forget Heisinger, Jets Assistant GM and former Moose general manager, would have more interest in some of our guys than most. He scouted and watched guys like Edler, Hansen, and Tanev from a  young age and might value them more.

8 minutes ago, da.moose said:

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Trouba

To Winnipeg:

Travis Sanheim

Flyers 1st 2017

Ohhh this is good.  Sanheim and a 1st would be a coup.  He's a Prarie boy and woukd be an easy sell and less of a flight risk.

Archived