The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

Trouba will fetch a a consider amount of value. It is ironic how the exact opposite of every other NHL team when their most pressing need is a left shot dman to fill out their top 4(besides from goaltending). 

We we don't have the pieces that would haul trouba outta wpg. Edm would need to part with draistl and nurse with another piece going to edm just to start the conversation 

Depending on how well Honka's camp goes. Dallas seem like a good trading partner. They're in a win now mode and lack a RHD defensemen.

I would think Honka will have to be the centrepiece going back the other way. Maybe Ritchie/Eakins, as well.

9 hours ago, Monty said:

Philly is the Jets best trading partner on this one. I'm sure they'll try and go after Provorov as well, especially considering he played in Brandon, so he's already familiar with prairie life.  However, even then Sanheim has the edge as he's from Manitoba.

Philly wants to win now, just as much as any team. Giroux isn't getting any younger, and they can sure as he'll afford to part with Sanheim or Provorov for Trouba.

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Ohhh this is good.  Sanheim and a 1st would be a coup.  He's a Prarie boy and woukd be an easy sell and less of a flight risk.

Philly has already gone through a couple of years without play off's to do their hard yards.  And it was because their D sulked. So they spent years collecting D prospects the right way. I highly doubt they panic now to advance their cause by 6 months or a year.

Provorov has as good, or better cred than Trouba. A more dynamic scouting report. He is just less advanced. Snyder is dead & all the impatience within him gone. They have a GM committed to developing his prospects and assets the same way the Jets have.

But Winnipeg is now under the pump. Like we were with Lou... And for all the glow on Wiinipeg's prospect pool? And their return to a hockey starved market. They have not even elevated themselves to a decent play off team. The pressure is on them! How many years can they be a team with great prospects and never win a round?

They will be lucky to get Sanheim. Never mind Sanheim and a first. And it would be a good deal for them under the circumstances...

They have no hope in hell of commanding Provorov. 

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Tanev and Hansen for Trouba?  Not sure if this would be enough, but it would set us back in terms of on ice product this year. 

Say what what?  Trouba isn't that good.  Not sure I would trade Tanev for Trouba, he's better right now, maybe Trouba has more upside.

44 minutes ago, IBatch said:

He's not that good...yet.

And he may NEVER be.  

Who asks for a trade, because he is not getting ahead of two other players like that anyway?  It sounds a little selfish, no?  Is that a red flag?  Why not just train harder, player better, and "take" those minutes?  

2 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Cool,

I am doing the same thing. We are fans.  I wouldn't either, but like you, want to see what it would take to get him. 

Have to be careful with the Jets GM, I'm not sure he lost a trade yet

10 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I take it you have never been to Grand Beach on an August long weekend? :unsure:

I'm from eastern sask and frequently went to GB as a teenager. I live in the Shuswap now, so ya, still a really ugly place to live in comparison. 

Archived