The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

5 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

But since Trouba demanded trade his value is less most likely. Not sure 

Doubt it, to be honest. Teams knew Evander Kane wanted out, and the Jets absolutely raped Buffalo in that deal.

When a team had a player teams want, especially a defenseman, they'll overpay when there is not a NTC involved.

Trouba stats are incredibly good. He was top 10 last year for shots blocked as a defenseman, and every defenseman he's paired with in Winnipeg sees their numbers improve all around when he's with them, including Byfuglien and Myers.

This was made public by Overhardt now because training camp is underway, and he needed to state why Trouba won't be there. Now, if he thinks this will force Chevy's hand, he has another thing coming. Perhaps it may speed up talks with other GMs to get their offers in now, but Chevy can hold out.

Just now, Monty said:

Doubt it, to be honest. Teams knew Evander Kane wanted out, and the Jets absolutely raped Buffalo in that deal.

When a team had a player teams want, especially a defenseman, they'll overpay when there is not a NTC involved.

Trouba stats are incredibly good. He was top 10 last year for shots blocked as a defenseman, and every defenseman he's paired with in Winnipeg sees their numbers improve all around when he's with them, including Byfuglien and Myers.

This was made public by Overhardt now because training camp is underway, and he needed to state why Trouba won't be there. Now, if he thinks this will force Chevy's hand, he has another thing coming. Perhaps it may speed up talks with other GMs to get their offers in now, but Chevy can hold out.

What would be a fair deal? 

Tanev Prospect 2nd? 

Or for EDM 

RNH + ? 

5 minutes ago, meh_wassup said:

Trouba doesn't have a NTC so he doesn't have any say in where he goes, but you're right in that colorado would not want to pay a premium for him when they have a similar "issue" on their team.

Yes, but yeah.

49 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Contrary to what several people have said, we most certainly have the pieces to make this trade happen. If Winnipeg wants a defenseman as the main piece of a return then they will not finding a better fit/offer than Chris Tanev. It's just a matter of what we would have to add. The pressure is on Winnipeg to make a deal. We don't have to make that trade, so we're definitely not going to over pay.

Name another D better than Tanev that's potentially available in a trade. You can't. Hamonic has rescinded his trade request. Plus the Islanders are in win mode and already loaded with prospects, so there's no reason for them to trade Hamonic for a younger Dman.

So it just comes down to what Winnipeg wants in a trade. If they're set on getting a Dman then it will likely be Tanev and a 2nd or something like that. If they ask for more, JB hangs up the phone. There's literally no pressure for JB to make this trade. Hell, Subban was traded for Weber one for one and PK is 4 years younger. So even a straight swap of Tanev for Trouba might work.

See my previous post. It doesn't even matter if we have Tanev since that's not the return Winnipeg wants if they deal Trouba. Winnipeg is not going to deal a RHD for a RHD in return. It doesn't matter how anyone sees Tanev or his value or how good he is if he doesn't fit what Winnipeg wants.

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

What would be a fair deal? 

Tanev Prospect 2nd? 

Or for EDM 

RNH + ? 

The Jets just don't need another RHD. That puts them exact same position as they are in now. RHD isn't the issue, it's the left side. Dangling Tanev just isn't enticing to them when they already have Buff and Myers.

As for Edmonton, they certainly have the attractive assets, specifically Draisaitl/Puljujarvi; however, there's no way Chevy hands the Oilers one of their last missing pieces to become a playoff team, essentially taking away a playoff position from them.

I don't think Vancouver going after Trouba is very realistic. Seems like every time a good player is on the "market" everyone starts throwing our quality players under the bus. I like Tanev but too get a player of Jacobs caliber we would need too add significantly more.  We don't have much more too offer, or the need positionally. Trouba is great, but I feel the Canucks are out of this one. We just got Guddy and drafted Ollie. 

14 minutes ago, Monty said:

The Jets just don't need another RHD. That puts them exact same position as they are in now. RHD isn't the issue, it's the left side. Dangling Tanev just isn't enticing to them when they already have Buff and Myers.

As for Edmonton, they certainly have the attractive assets, specifically Draisaitl/Puljujarvi; however, there's no way Chevy hands the Oilers one of their last missing pieces to become a playoff team, essentially taking away a playoff position from them.

I dont think Chiraelli would want to trade Drasaitl. 

Just now, DontMessMe said:

I dont think Chiraelli would want to trade Drasaitl. 

I'm sure he didn't want to get a$$ blasted by trading away their best player after McDavid, but he did. Everyone and their dog in the league is aware the situation the Oilers are in. If Chiraelli really, really wanted Trouba, then he must know that there's no chance in hell the Jets would think RNH is an exceptable return.

But again, I'd be shocked if Chevy even considers Edmonton, due 100% because they are a playoff competitor.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

This is one of those rare opportunities where a top young defenseman is available before he reaches his prime.

Benning needs to get in on this. A future top 4 of Trouba, Juolevi, Hutton, and Gudbranson would be awesome. (Assuming Tanev would have to be involved)

Gonna suck to cost us our 1st.... a guy like Cal Foote might make us all forget who Trouba is?

If We trade our 1st it's conditional that it's lottery protected. Would suck to see WPG have a one-two tandem of Scheiffelie and Brandon native Nolan Patrick at the cost of having a $7mil dollar defenseman that still hasn't played to atleast a $4mil dollar valued level yet.

If that pick is #15 and higher, I'm leaning toward it but what other assets are also included.

You are right in that that defense Corp would be nice tho

6 minutes ago, whytelight said:

To WIN:  Virtanen, 2017 1st

to VAN:   Trouba

To COL:  Trouba and Tanev

to VAN:  Landeskog, 2017 2nd

So, it becomes Virtanen, Tanev, and a 1st for Landeskog.

Would you do it?  This only works if our D is exceeding expectations and Tanev is deemed expendable. 

Wow. Just, wow.

16 minutes ago, whytelight said:

To WIN:  Virtanen, 2017 1st

to VAN:   Trouba

To COL:  Trouba and Tanev

to VAN:  Landeskog, 2017 2nd

So, it becomes Virtanen, Tanev, and a 1st for Landeskog.

Would you do it?  This only works if our D is exceeding expectations and Tanev is deemed expendable. 

Whaaaaaat

9 minutes ago, Monty said:

Wow. Just, wow.

Yes this

Trouba is overrated.   Dont get me wrong, hes a solid dman.  But he does NOT distribute very well, and is gawd awful at shot suppression.  He NEEDS a partner to offset his deficiencies.  He's also not great offensively.  Not bad at it, but 6 goals and 21 points?  Tanev had 4 and 18 while playing 13 less games and is FAR superior suppressing shots and retrieving pucks.

Trouba wins the physicality battle hands down, but pretty sure we just traded for someone to pick up that role...

If we're dealing Tanev for a point producer thats mediocre in his own end, Id FAR rather find someone whos better at puck distribution, and actually puts up points on the score sheet.

Rather have Tanev, never mind giving up more in the deal lol!

4 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Hey, it was told to me from someone who lives in Winnipeg and is a season ticket holder. I didn't pull it out of the air.  I asked if it was true. Nothing more. 

it snows a lot in Winnipeg.   I was born there.   Thereofore, I can tell you that none of this is appropriate speculation about the private/personal-life of Trouba, and has nothing to do with him requesting a trade - that is, unless he hates the snow.;)

Archived