The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

Don't know enough about him to comment either way, heard his name a fair bit. If he was getting 3rd string minutes and still go his decent stats, he's going to be in line to increase them with a new team, KC in Winnepeg is going to have a fairly hard time getting value for him.

53 minutes ago, whytelight said:

To WIN:  Virtanen, 2017 1st

to VAN:   Trouba

To COL:  Trouba and Tanev

to VAN:  Landeskog, 2017 2nd

So, it becomes Virtanen, Tanev, and a 1st for Landeskog.

Would you do it?  This only works if our D is exceeding expectations and Tanev is deemed expendable. 

Smoke another fatty.

8 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I removed the quote of your OP, maybe edit out my response.

Have a good night Stelar.

Same for me Stelar, I didn't quote you so your original post wouldn't carry over if you decided to man up and change it. No need to quote us back if you've updated yours.

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

This is one of those rare opportunities where a top young defenseman is available before he reaches his prime.

Benning needs to get in on this. A future top 4 of Trouba, Juolevi, Hutton, and Gudbranson would be awesome. (Assuming Tanev would have to be involved)

next yrs d pairings

edler trouba

hutton guddy

juolevi tryamkin 

would be a monster  3 pairings  if im benning i do tanev subban and jackets second  you think jets would bite at that package 

4 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Trouba's a young d man I'd love to see here, as part of the ongoing youth movement. Yet another blue liner that is capable in all three zones and has many serviceable years ahead of him. Problems that would arise are cap space and tradable assets that Winnipeg would want. One deal that would intrigue me would be one involving Ben Hutton. I like the kid but like Trouba's defensive skills more. I could also see him as a great fit for Juolevi. Ben has great offensive instincts but his defensive game is suspect and his aggression is lacking. Trouba is much more rounded.

As stated above, this deal would create cap issues, as Trouba requires a new contract. This, conveniently, brings me back to my wish to see a deal with Elder being the center piece. I'd focus on teams looking to win now that have the cap space to take his contract. A contending team also makes it more likely that Elder waives his NTC. Possible destinations could be Nashville and our good old friends, the Florida Panthers. As dumping salary would be the goal, I'd be looking, mainly for a high round pick like a second or third ( I don't think he gets a first).

Our defense, moving forward would be Gudbranson, Tanev, Sbisa, Trouba, Tryamkin Larsen and, possibly, Pedan or Stetcher with Juolevi coming in the near future. That's pretty solid. 

you obviously under value edler  

I probably wouldn't trade Tanev for Trouba straight up.

Trouba would have been a good fit if we didn't already get Gudbranson.  As it stands, we need an offensive D man in our top pairing, and not another shutdown type with very questionable offense.   Tanev and Trouba have gotten similar points over the past couple season.

Trouba has been getting 22 minutes a night on average which is pretty darn respectable time on ice (Tanev is getting 20-21 on the top pairing here), not sure what he is complaining about with ice time unless he just wants the prime PP minutes as well as playing on his natural side.

We have Tanev signed long term to a very cap friendly salary; he is a home grown talent with loyalty here; and he is by far the better pure defender.

If you can get a top notch offensive D man to balance out with our other more defensive minded guys... blow your brains out to do it.  Subban would have been perfect and we could have packaged Tanev and our 2016 1st as a pretty respectable offer.

We are good with out top 2 RHD and if we were even able to trade Edler for the LHD the Jets are looking for, it would just create the same problems for us as Winnipeg is facing... too many guys on one side.

Archived