The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Oilers trade F Nail Yakupov to the Blues

And I think the Oilers simply have no intention to resign Yakupov after this season. So Instead of letting him go with nth in return, and conditional 3rd is better than nth, and at the same time getting rid of this contract to sign a D they need,

2 minutes ago, CaptainKool said:

And I think the Oilers simply have no intention to resign Yakupov after this season. So Instead of letting him go with nth in return, and conditional 3rd is better than nth, and at the same time getting rid of this contract to sign a D they need,

Your name should say "Captain Kool Aid" has a good ring to it.

Lil off topic my bad ;p

Wow talk about getting great value in return. Good job chia, good job.

With every management change Oilers have, the decision making and the quality of deals keeps getting worse. The problem? Non of these clowns in charge know how to build a team. Over the decades oilers management has had a hard on for first overall forwards and continually missed the chance to round out their team by picking D-men. Now with the management change, the same issue exists and that is proper team building and  asset management. The timing of their deals? Terrible. 

These types of deals happen when the asset is overvalued And it's only worsened when the management doesn't understand how to deal from a position of strength.

4 minutes ago, CaptainKool said:

With moves like this he likely already has the GM of the year award locked down.

Bottom line is Yakupov is like going to have a bounce back year and St.Louis is going to benefit from it. This is the definition of selling low.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

With moves like this he likely already has the GM of the year award locked down.

Bottom line is Yakupov is like going to have a bounce back year and St.Louis is going to benefit from it. This is the definition of selling low.

As I said, the best scenario of this trade will be Yakupov is having a bounce back year, scoring 14 goals for them and with many many many assists. So the Oilers stay with their conditional 3rd round pick. Btw, if the blues make the playoff, does the 15 goals condition include the goals from playoff???

5 minutes ago, CaptainKool said:

As I said, the best scenario of this trade will be Yakupov is having a bounce back year, scoring 14 goals for them and with many many many assists. So the Oilers stay with their conditional 3rd round pick. Btw, if the blues make the playoff, does the 15 goals condition include the goals from playoff???

I would think it's just regular season.

The best case scenario for me would see Yakupov score 25 goals and 50 points and make the Oilers look stupid. A second round pick is hardly a consolation prize for a young 25-30 goal scorer. 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would think it's just regular season.

The best case scenario for me would see Yakupov score 25 goals and 50 points and make the Oilers look stupid. A second round pick is hardly a consolation prize for a young 25-30 goal scorer. 

And St. Louis wins the cup to lower the value of the 2nd round pick.

2 hours ago, suitup said:

I've always liked Yakupov. Struggled in a poorly managed Oilers team, and never have I ever heard him complain or whine even though he was put on the third line after winning the Calder. Problem wasn't so much that he had bad linemates, he just wasn't developed properly by management. 

Always seemed like a passionate player that was just happy to play. I was hoping he could suit up for us, but we don't have the room, pieces, or even development for it to make sense. 

Hope he finds his stride in STL and best of luck!

Hubberdeu won it or however you spell his name for the calder that year.

Just now, cripplereh said:

experts are mostly wrong cept for the eastern teams the west they are clueless,this trade makes sense for both and like say yak plays like an AHLer who expects to be better then he is

Not sure how this trade makes sense for both sides. The Oilers don't need more picks, they need NHL players. If they're gonna trade Yakupov they needed a really solid role player or a decent young bottom pairing D-man. A 3rd pick does them absolutely no good.

With good coaching he can be an electrifying player.

The problem is the Oilers didn't have good coaching and he probably had different coaches telling him different things every year. If he can have one coach get through to him and say "this is how you need to play" he can still be a top 6 scorer.

Archived