The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gustav Forsling has made the Blackhawks regular season roster

AriGold

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I've read this comment on CDC a few times.

Is the Stecher signing and Forsling trade connected? I don't think so but this comment keeps popping up on CDC for some reason. Can you explain the connection? thx.

We traded Forsling for Clendening.  Once Benning realized his mistake he immediately got rid of Clendening and replaced him in the summer with Stecher on a free...   B)

18 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

There's no guarantee he would have panned out the same had he stuck with the Canucks.

Chicago's proven they have one of the best development systems. He simply could be a better fit there rather than here.

Even before we traded him, he was still playing pretty damn well though. That was an insane draft year by the Canucks.

Virtanen, McCann, Demko, Tryamkin, Forsling for our first 5 picks. JB knows how to draft.

1 minute ago, The Weasel said:

Even before we traded him, he was still playing pretty damn well though. That was an insane draft year by the Canucks.

Virtanen, McCann, Demko, Tryamkin, Forsling for our first 5 picks. JB knows how to draft.

But does he know how to trade?? 

He can work on that a lil more. 

1 hour ago, AriGold said:

It was the kind of play Duncan Keith makes. The kind of play Joel Quenneville might deem “special,” his highest level of praise.

“I don’t like using that term loosely or too often,” Quenneville said. “So we’ll call him real good.”

Now that's just mean, rubbing it in like that.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I've read this comment on CDC a few times.

Is the Stecher signing and Forsling trade connected? I don't think so but this comment keeps popping up on CDC for some reason. Can you explain the connection? thx.

In my view they're not directly,  but indirectly related in that there's only room on the team at any given time for one of their type of player  - smallish,  offensively minded,  younger pmd type that is.  

I'm not going to lament the fact that at one point GF was a Canucks asset.   He isn't anymore and I like our asset  (Stecher ) better. 

Not surprising as the Blackhawks have had two spots up for grabs for the past two seasons.  This year is Forsling's chance to solidify his spot in the lineup just like TvR did last year.

Just another Jim Benning special.  Clendening showed promise while developing in Rockford but trading Forsling was mind boggling.

Archived