The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gustav Forsling has made the Blackhawks regular season roster

AriGold

Suck it up wet eyes... Is the  Forsling / Clendening trade going to be the next Shinkaruk / Granlund...

Since Granlund sent the Shinkaruk whiners out the window, are they searching for another Benning move to complain about?

3 hours ago, pomorick said:

If we still had Forsling would we have drafted Jouelevi?

Thats an Incredible question. I mean at the time of the draft,  had we still had forsling, would we have been so confident in his potential as to not draft juolevI?  I mean we wouldnt have had sutter so maybe we would have gone the C route and taken logan brown.

He may never develop into anything special, but after is World Jr performance after just being drafted we should have kept this guy to see if he could pan out and become something...I mean D take a bit of time anyway and for him to make the NHL already is very impressive.

This was severely poor asset management by Benning. I dont care what people say he rushed a move for the sake of trying to add a D man. The skillset Forsling has is something we should have kept around and developed. Heck we keep Subban around why couldnt we have kept a slightly bigger left handed version of him also?

I did not like this trade when it happened, it seems very foolish to draft players see them make a mark in a marquee tournament of make the NHL at 19 like McCann and then off load these promising YOUNG assets before ever really giving them a chance.

Best of luck Gustav!! Could help out the Hawks 2nd PP unit if you can stick with the big club. I hope he is still in the line up when we play them!

Forsling making the team hasn't really changed much in regards to how bad of a trade this was.  We got burned.

Clendening was a bust, the writing was on the wall for him pretty much as soon as he got here.  He really brought nothing to the table.

At least we  managed to get some value back for him by including him as a throw in on the Sutter deal (because he was nothing more than a throw in).

You win some you lose some.  And we lost this one.

FWIW Forsling had a very poor game and looked very over matched last nite against the big physical StL forwards.

Was constantly being out battled at was pointed out numerous times by the announcers for his poor play.

Will start the season in the press box as extra skater (at best) or after last nite, could still be sent down.

42 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Forsling making the team hasn't really changed much in regards to how bad of a trade this was.  We got burned.

Clendening was a bust, the writing was on the wall for him pretty much as soon as he got here.  He really brought nothing to the table.

At least we  managed to get some value back for him by including him as a throw in on the Sutter deal (because he was nothing more than a throw in).

You win some you lose some.  And we lost this one.

Actually, Clendening hasn't been cut from the Rangers so far and many of their fans think he will make the team.  He's had a terrific pre-season; showing his great speed and offensive skills.

How often do people report a young d as a bust, only to see that (with time) they develop into an NHL player.

13 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Good for the Hawks on winning this deal. But having Hutton, and potentially Stetcher and Juolevi on the team in the next couple of years make Forsling redundant. 

Hahaha yes, having too many of the most valuable asset in hockey is quite the burden. Way to look ahead JB, that would have been horrible to deal with, potential disaster avoided. 

23 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Just like Justin schultz did right?    

The goal is to make the NHL first and foremost,  playing with you're home team is just an added bonus.  

You think he would've been able to predict Forsling pushing for a job? Cause he would've probably been the only one.

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You think he would've been able to predict Forsling pushing for a job? Cause he would've probably been the only one.

So you assume that Stecher wouldn't have thought Forsling wasn't in direct competition for a job?

It's not like Forsling was an unknown either.

U20 WJC Most Assists by Defenseman 14/15
U20 WJC Most Goals by Defenseman 14/15, 15/16
U20 WJC Most Points by Defenseman 14/15

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

So you assume that Stecher wouldn't have thought Forsling wasn't in direct competition for a job?

It's not like Forsling was an unknown either.

U20 WJC Most Assists by Defenseman 14/15
U20 WJC Most Goals by Defenseman 14/15, 15/16
U20 WJC Most Points by Defenseman 14/15

I get it, but I just don't see how this conversation we are having makes it ok for Benning to get burned on this deal.

Let's say stecher doesn't sign, oh well. We drafted a stud in the 5th round and held onto him like a good management should. I'm sure glad we didn't take the bait on that Clendening deal a while back. Man oh man would we have looked stupid on that one. *high fives Linden.  

My god do I draft good. Maybe I should acquire more picks rather than giving them away for fringe NHLers fixing to become waiver eligible or RFAs. Maybe I should be the guy on the other sides of those trades when I build a surplus of assets from my great drafting and most importantly abundant picks. I mean really, what is the rush? Patience paid off with Forsling, why wouldn't that happen again? 

24 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I get it, but I just don't see how this conversation we are having makes it ok for Benning to get burned on this deal.

Let's say stecher doesn't sign, oh well. We drafted a stud in the 5th round and held onto him like a good management should. I'm sure glad we didn't take the bait on that Clendening deal a while back. Man oh man would we have looked stupid on that one. *high fives Linden.  

My god do I draft good. Maybe I should acquire more picks rather than giving them away for fringe NHLers fixing to become waiver eligible or RFAs. Maybe I should be the guy on the other sides of those trades when I build a surplus of assets from my great drafting and most importantly abundant picks. I mean really, what is the rush? Patience paid off with Forsling, why wouldn't that happen again? 

This isn't about Benning this is about stecher being a better pmd and better for the Canucks. You're the one trying to make this about Benning. 

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

This isn't about Benning this is about stecher being a better pmd and better for the Canucks. You're the one trying to make this about Benning. 

How could you possibly make that assumption right now? 

Archived