The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks AT Maple Leafs: Shake The Ketchup Bottle Edition | Nov 5 | 4PM | CBC|

AlwaysACanuckFan

12 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Ya but, Stecher

At least grab Sutter or Virt or even Hutton.  Grabbing a smurf is nothing.

It just happened. They came together in the corner and stech was closest at the time....I mean we will never know but I've watched a lot of Martin.  I wouldn't expect a serious beating and it wasn't.  More of a rag dolling...,anyways I do understand why people are upset.  

6 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Burrows had the right idea

When something like this happens, its not just about having guys who are willing to fight, you need someone with a mean streak to really make the other team nervous

I guarantee after the kadri hit the leafs bench was saying "Watch Burrows!" "Watch out for Burrows!"

I have seen Gudbransson do some things, so I would say he and burrows are the only guys on the team who actually scare anyone. You don't scare hockey players by threatening to fight them,

Agreed don't even need to fight just slash the $&!# out of someone's ankle or wrists . Inflict some damage

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hoping to see Pedan called up when the Leafs come to Vancouver next Month.

Pedan would definately take care of business .  The guy seems like he knows what his role would be on our team.  He would be a great addition as our club rebuilds with lots of rookies / youth. 

That's what people said about Gudbranson & Tryamkin.  Dorsett is the only one on the team that stands up for teammates regularly and he's a middleweight.  (Props to Hansen tonight)  Nobody is going to be scared to run our players because the vast majority of our team is still soft. 

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

That's what people said about Gudbranson & Tryamkin.  Dorsett is the only one on the team that stands up for teammates regularly and he's a middleweight.  (Props to Hansen tonight)  Nobody is going to be scared to run our players because the vast majority of our team is still soft. 

Pedan is a better fighter than Guddy or Tryamkin ....  He would be great on our club as we rebuild with youth. 

26 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

this is verbal diarrhea if i ever read it.

You seem unable to address any of my points

But you can spell diarrhea so I suppose you are more of a half-wit as opposed to a full fledged idiot

And it's when things cease to be verbal that I was addressing, I somehow doubt yoju have ever been beyond that point,.

Stay on the porch

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Pedan is a better fighter than Guddy or Tryamkin ....  He would be great on our club as we rebuild with youth. 

Great isn't a proper word to use with Pedan.  But I agree that you need some guys like him if you have talented youngsters filling your lineup.  Now we just need some talented youngsters. 

4 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

In respect to this Gudbranson did say after the game that Martin is dead. Probably would of went after Martin had he not of gotten kicked out and will likely go after him next game vs. the Leafs.

Gudbranson will defend his teammates. Tryamkin will need more time to grow more accustomed to the team.

What we truly lack is someone that is willing to respond with physical play against the other teams stars. That's where a guy like Virtanen needs to step up, if not call up LaBate.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

This from Mid October, . This is why Matt Martin avoids fighting guys his size, and instead goes with Stetcher or Dorsett.

... after late hitting a Bruin (smaller than Martin) at the opposite end of the ice..  Zedeno knocks on his door.

yup

great hitter

not much of a fighter

Gudbranson as he walked into #Canucks room told those in earshot that Martin is dead. Gudbranson is not being made available to media.

Will probably get a call from the NHL office for that.   Loved to see the team bonding through that game....usually it's done over dinner and maybe some rookie teasing....this is a bit different but probably more effective.  

3 minutes ago, skategal said:

Gudbranson as he walked into #Canucks room told those in earshot that Martin is dead. Gudbranson is not being made available to media.

Will probably get a call from the NHL office for that.   Loved to see the team bonding through that game....usually it's done over dinner and maybe some rookie teasing....this is a bit different but probably more effective.  

The Haymaker ...

is warming up.

bring it home Eric.

13 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Having Pedan, Tryamkin, and Gudbranson would be a sign to the Leafs that hunting season has arrived. If this team can't beat them on the scoreboard, then we just straight up beat them. 

12 minutes ago, skategal said:

Dan Murphy is a p***y. Why not just let the statement lie? Gudbranson is pissed and rightfully so. If the NHL gets involved it's clearly because they are trending in the same direction as the rest of this gutless, politically correct neutered society. Pathetic. 

I'm looking forward to the next Canucks Leafs game, where Martin gets his head beaten in. 

You people are calling for martins head. If the canucks run around like idiots in the next game then they will giftwrap the Leafs an EASY WIN. The Leafs are faster, smarter, younger, and have a lot more skill. Canucks cannot compete with that. They have to keep their heads and play the right way. No cheapshots and starting fights. 

Archived