The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

Just now, missioncanucksfan said:

Ya ur right.....just think about how you are gonna just sing Eriksson praises in year 3 if he keeps this pace up 

you said it yourself... IF

it's no more of if that he'll continue to be dismal versus that he'll produce like he has done so in the past

For what it's worth I would prefer a member of this team be all cheery and roses. Ya, I've heard Kane can be prickly, Kesler was, Wellwood, and many many others have a prickly side....

BUT....

If they come here and score and play...I could give a rats freakin arse what a guys personality is. It's not like they are coming to my kids xmas concert anytime soon. These guys are paid for one job and one job only.....WIN

No.  Tanev for Kane is not "the trade that makes sense." 

Kane's value has taken a serious hit - he's not worth Tanev - why would this team bail out Murray with a deal like that?

Tanev - a steal for this franchise through and through - for an underachieving 6 million forward who is a huge disruption risk - no thanks.

I'd offer a 2nd for Kane for two reasons. 

One - it's all he's worth at this point.

Two - I love listening to CDC piss and moan about dealing 2nds.

And that doesn't resolve the fact we don't have the cap space for this guy.

Miller for Kane - that makes sense.

36 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

No some people have said in this thread that people are saying Virtanen AND Hutton... That's a gross over payment.  I bet if Virtanen went to Buffalo they would play him on the left side and he would light it up.

Willy should just play Jake on the left side already...or even play him period.  Dorsett getting ice time over Virtanen is criminal.

Hopefully JV gets prime minutes and opportunity in Utica.  The when Travis Green replaces Willie, he knows how to use JV properly

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

No.  Tanev for Kane is not "the trade that makes sense." 

Kane's value has taken a serious hit - he's not worth Tanev - why would this team bail out Murray with a deal like that?

Tanev - a steal for this franchise through and through - for an underachieving 6 million forward who is a huge disruption risk - no thanks.

I'd offer a 2nd for Kane for two reasons. 

One - it's all he's worth at this point.

Two - I love listening to CDC piss and moan about dealing 2nds.

And that doesn't resolve the fact we don't have the cap space for this guy.

Miller for Kane - that makes sense.

That makes no sense.

Miller will bring more than Kane at the TDL.. and Miller will be happy to go to Cup contention, then UFAgency.

They must have heard you OlNews, sounds like Hutton in speculation.

regarding the Capspace, it makes more sense to be Tanev for Kane, with Buffalo absorbing some or all of the offset between the two players.

Just now, SilentSam said:

That makes no sense.

Miller will bring more than Kane at the TDL.. and Miller will be happy to go to Cup contention, then UFAgency.

They must have heard you OlNews, sounds like Hutton in speculation.

Sarcasm SS.

Miller back to Buffalo only makes sense in one way - salary - which is another factor people rarely consider in these proposals.

Where are the Canucks going to create 6 million in cap space?

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Sarcasm SS.

Miller back to Buffalo only makes sense in one way - salary - which is another factor people rarely consider in these proposals.

Where are the Canucks going to create 6 million in cap space?

Hey OlNews, just edited that Tanev might make more sense with the CapSpace.. I think a difference of about 2m? Between the 2 players that the Sabres might be able to work?

Just now, SilentSam said:

Hey OlNews, just edited that Tanev might make more sense with the CapSpace.. I think a difference of about 2m? Between the 2 players that the Sabres might be able to work?

How about we change direction and Tanev goes to the Coil for RNH?  

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

capspace alone - makes as little sense as Miller for Kane.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I could see Benning targeting JVR, especially if he's still delusional enough to think this is a playoff team.

I got a bad feeling he'd do something like Tanev for JVR.

JVR is still only 27 and would instantly be our # 1 offensive threat. He also has a slightly lower AAV than Tanev and is signed through next season, where as Tanev has 2 additional years remaining after next year. 

I would consider that deal but TO would have to throw in a good prospect to offset the shorter contract. As much as I'd like to have JVR in our lineup, doing a 1 for 1 swap is just too risky. By the time we're ready to contend for a playoff spot JVR will be a UFA.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Just went to "Cap friendly" .. they have Kane at 4.2m & Tanev at 3.56m.  .. that's not much to worry.

Sbisa makes more sense then - he's 3.6.   Tanev's caphit is 4.45 million, Kane's is 5.25 (and his salary is 6 million).

And Buffalo could use a LHD more than a right, so Sbisa it is.

That 'makes sense'.

Just now, oldnews said:

Sbisa makes more sense then - he's 3.6.   Tanev's caphit is 4.45 million, Kane's is 5.25 (and his salary is 6 million).

That 'makes sense'.

Please deliver the Pizza Man to Buffalo, so Evander can shuffle his way to Vancouver. 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I could see Benning targeting JVR, especially if he's still delusional enough to think this is a playoff team.

I got a bad feeling he'd do something like Tanev for JVR.

I got a feeling you're projecting the delusion and pulling this straight out of your 'back door.'

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

That 'makes sense'.

I think if it's Sbizza , they will want a conditional or a 3-5rnd pick within 2 years.

If it's Tanev,  we should get the conditional or 2-5rnd pick within 2 years.

good one OldNews.

I like Kane, I think he would come alive at home.. you?

On 15/11/2016 at 4:13 PM, Provost said:

Yep... while I don't think you can use the Hall for Larsson trade as market value since Edmonton got robbed.... Tanev is a much more highly regarded defencman than Larsson.  He is also a top pairing guy signed to a ridiculously low cap hit going forward.

I have no issues at all moving on from Tanev, but you have to maximize value.  Unless a team blows you away, his value is likely to be much higher at the deadline for a contender with an injury or in the offseason as teams try to replace players lost in the expansion draft.

Contending teams pick lower in the draft.  If we are making a trade to take away a Buffalo headache, and we are giving up Tanev, then we also need a high pick from them.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I think if it's Sbizza , they will want a conditional or a 3-5rnd pick within 2 years.

If it's Tanev,  we should get the conditional or 2-5rnd pick within 2 years.

good one OldNews.

I like Kane, I think he would come alive at home.. you?

I don't know SS. 

I agree that if it were Sbisa, a pick would need to be added.

It's a risky move regardless that could go either way.

I'm not really in the for or against camp - but given the realities around Kane, his value is not worth Tanev at this point.

I like Sbisa - I think he's better than most people give him credit for - his corsi on this year is 51.2%, - not bad for a guy that the pretentious 'analytics' community wrote off as garbage.

Archived