The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I don't know SS. 

I agree that if it were Sbisa, a pick would need to be added.

It's a risky move regardless that could go either way.

I'm not really in the for or against camp - but given the realities around Kane, his value is not worth Tanev at this point.

I like Sbisa - I think he's better than most people give him credit for - his corsi on this year is 51.2%, - not bad for a guy that the pretentious 'analytics' community wrote off as garbage.

Unfortunately Sbisa has been paired as a 3-4.. let's watch for a pairing change this week to see if he is being "showed".

I too like Sbisa,. and he is hardier and has more grit than Tanev, Sbisa has been playing well lately.

I just think that Tanev is about to fall apart here,. He gets pulverized every game.. 

Having said that,. If Sbisa looks better than Tanev, if paired with Edler..  I would still move Tanev.

Tanev has hurt us being out a month now.

ps. Kane has no addictions, has game. it's an immaturity phase that would disappear if closer to Dad :) 

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Unfortunately Sbisa has been paired as a 3-4.. let's watch for a pairing change this week to see if he is being "showed".

I too like Sbisa,. and he is hardier and has more grit than Tanev, Sbisa has been playing well lately.

I just think that Tanev is about to fall apart here,. He gets pulverized every game.. 

Having said that,. If Sbisa looks better than Tanev, if paired with Edler..  I would still move Tanev.

Tryamkin Tanev might be a solid option in due course - some more beef with Tanev that he could move the puck to under duress, perhaps avoid more hits -and they'd be a formidable shutdown pairing imo (with Tryamkin having the ability to also generate offense with that heavy shot of his and pretty good puck moving himself).  Could free Edler up to play with a pmd, something he's excelled at.

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

ps. Kane has no addictions, has game. it's an immaturity phase that would disappear if closer to Dad :) 

that whole incident with the billboard and his ex-girlfriend (some model) was total nutjob behaviour

47 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It could also go the other way given he'd be closer to his friends from back home too.

37 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Tryamkin Tanev might be a solid option in due course - some more beef with Tanev that he could move the puck to under duress, perhaps avoid more hits -and they'd be a formidable shutdown pairing imo (with Tryamkin having the ability to also generate offense with that heavy shot of his and pretty good puck moving himself).  Could free Edler up to play with a pmd, something he's excelled at.

Edler-Stecher

Tryamkin-Tanev

Sbisa/Hutton-Gudbranson

Looks like a nice balanced group to me. 

I think Guddy for Kane makes the most sense both for cap and for fit.

Let's be honest, EG has not been good.  He's not physical, he doesn't move the puck well and he has zero offensive instincts.  And he appears to be a drag on Hutton too.  Let's cut bait before we resign him to a long term contract he doesn't deserve. 

3 hours ago, xRussianrocket said:

Sbisa has the best +\-  on our team at 0, which is actually quite commendable.  Im not interested in giving up on any of our youth yet.  

Eriksson for kane straight up.

stop trying to toss in our youth in this trade. No draft picks nothing.  None of its necessary.  Cancer for cancer straight up.

Loui Eriksson a "cancer" oh boy..

The only way I would trade Tanev for Kane is if there's a big plus coming our way, and considering they won't likely give up their 1st round pick in case it's a lotto pick the next best thing would be Alex Nylander. We of course would have to add in a young player with potentiallike Baertschi (especially considering that Nylander has 1st line forward potential), but maybe it can work out and benefit both sides? 

BUF: Tanev + Baertschi or Granlund?

VAN: Kane + Nylander

So it looks like..

BUF: 1st Pairing D + Potential Top 6 F

VAN: Top 6 F + Potential 1st Line F

4 hours ago, Ruxin'sVinegarStrokes said:

I think Guddy for Kane makes the most sense both for cap and for fit.

Let's be honest, EG has not been good.  He's not physical, he doesn't move the puck well and he has zero offensive instincts.  And he appears to be a drag on Hutton too.  Let's cut bait before we resign him to a long term contract he doesn't deserve. 

Why did I go giving my negative feedback out so early?

Oh yeah it was used on the virt and sbisa for Kane proposal.

We need more negative votes these days!

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

How about we change direction and Tanev goes to the Coil for RNH?  

They are looking for a D that can QB their PP - that's not Tanev.  They are also eyeing Burns who will be UFA at the end of the season.  

They are 2nd in the Pacific - tied with leader Anaheim in points - why would they want to change their lineup right now.

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

If a trade happens better be tomorrow or it is not happening

Kane's worth went way down so think people need to take that into their trades for him

LeBrun yesterday - they are not trying to move Kane but are willing to listen: http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/fleshing-mckenzies-report-canucks-interest-evander-kane/

Bob was cautious in his reporting,” noted LeBrun. “He just said there’s obviously been conversations, but that’s not to suggest that it’s going to happen.”

“So everyone needs to take a deep breath,” he laughed.

After some more discussion on the Canucks’ season in general, LeBrun was asked about the appetite on the Sabres’ side of this potential Evander Kane trade equation and if they’re “trying to unload Evander Kane given the baggage there.”

“We’ve heard for months and months that – I mean, not unload to the point of giving him away,” said LeBrun. “I think the idea that I always had was that if someone called with a decent offer they might listen. Obviously there have been issues in Buffalo and things happening, so probably a change of scenery – I’m not sure the Sabres would be totally against it.

“But I don’t get the sense – this isn’t a fire sale at all. If there’s a hockey trade there, Buffalo might do it. But if not, they’re more than happy to keep him.”

4 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Loui Eriksson a "cancer" oh boy..

His contract is a cancer, his offensive output is a cancer.  He is not even noticable and doesnt contribute at all to our team. 6 million for a guy who has not made our team any better at all. With or without him our team is no different. But its ok cause he is a nice and decent guy?

And for 6 years?   If Kane is a bust we can walk away after next year no harm done.  Erikssons contract and term is hindering our team already to possibly aquire a guy through trade that might actually make our team better. 

Listened to Ray Ferraro on the TSN 1040 Podcast and he says that Brandon Saad from Columbus could be had for a cheaper trade price then Evander Kane saying that Saad doesn't have the potential to score 35 goals then Kane does, including this season has 5 years remaining at 6 million per year and has fallen out of favor with Torts. If Saad is available, would Sbisa and Dorset be enough to get him and would the Canucks want to take on another player with a 6 million cap hit? 

1 minute ago, TheRick said:

Listened to Ray Ferraro on the TSN 1040 Podcast and he says that Brandon Saad from Columbus could be had for a cheaper trade price then Evander Kane saying that Saad doesn't have the potential to score 35 goals then Kane does, including this season has 5 years remaining at 6 million per year and has fallen out of favor with Torts. If Saad is available, would Sbisa and Dorset be enough to get him and would the Canucks want to take on another player with a 6 million cap hit? 

I don't think you will get Saad for Sbisa and Dorsett, Columbus GM is not an idiot.

15 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

He did pass on Puljujarvi?

And trade for Clarkson...

Well the GM is a Finn and maybe he knows something that everybody doesn't about Puljajarvi. Dubois is an org need for them and i'm pretty sure Benning/Linden would have taken Dubois over Juolevi if he was on the board. I will agree with you on Clarson tho.

1 hour ago, TheRick said:

No way anyone in the league would go for that.

Archived