The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) The 6 biggest UFA busts of the 2016 off season signings.

Rocksterh8

The only thing that stood out for me was:

" a going-nowhere Vancouver club "

Which sports caster wrote this cr@p?    

Where's the source please?

Please don't tell me that I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading the OP's opinion...

It's nice to be reminded why I stopped posting around here like I used to.

Only sunshine and rainbows when talking about the Canucks; or you're totally against the team; any talk of what is actually going on is to be ignored; all facts that don't benefit the Canucks are either untrue or biased; all suspensions/league rulings are obviously in favour of every other team in the league and the Canucks are being singled out because of the Evil Gary Bettman who is totally against the Canucks and is the single reason we haven't won a cup in 40+ years( :rolleyes:-_-)

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Ryan Dixon wrote the article. Should we live in a bubble and pretend the Canucks can do no wrong?

yes , yes we should. and if you do you can become friends with Old News and Gerry 35.  Wait, who is this Gerry 35 ?

21 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Nah, just find it hilarious that whatever TO decides to do thats what the media claims Vancouver isn't doing and MUST be doing, otherwise we're idiots.

A few years back we all had to be truculent. Maybe bigger. Oh wait, now tear it all down and put a team of young inexperienced kids together, thats gotta work right?

Of course TO has more young raw offensive talent with 10+ years of crap hockey, but if you haven't checked they are not "better" yet and don't have near the talent on the back end that we do in G or D.

Bo is making big strides playing with Burr. I think a guy like Loui can do the same with a kid like Boeser. Kids need to learn from veteran players, not fellow AHL'rs. 

I didn't hear a mention of Mathews or Marner?

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's nice to be reminded why I stopped posting around here like I used to.

Only sunshine and rainbows when talking about the Canucks; or you're totally against the team; any talk of what is actually going on is to be ignored; all facts that don't benefit the Canucks are either untrue or biased; all suspensions/league rulings are obviously in favour of every other team in the league and the Canucks are being singled out because of the Evil Gary Bettman who is totally against the Canucks and is the single reason we haven't won a cup in 40+ years( :rolleyes:-_-)

rainbow_zpsb61b9e35.gif

13 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I didn't hear a mention of Mathews or Marner?

"Of course TO has more young raw offensive talent with 10+ years of crap hockey"

Sorry if I didn't mention them by name. How about Mr. Double Flamingo, lets not forget him.

The point is, TO hasn't done anything yet but be bad. They're still bad. They need some more experienced forwards to help out the kids, that will be TO's off-season summer plan, just watch. Then the writers will be really confused when we also have a mix of older vets and young talent. But they'll probably just say we're copying TO.

37 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Please don't tell me that I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading the OP's opinion...

+2 more writing the post. Oh well, here's hoping the Hindu's got it right and we can do this all over again. 

2 hours ago, Type R said:

I have a difficult time carving into Erikson when the whole team is in a slump.  It looks like he has no confidence out there, yet he had gobs of it the last few years.. Makes you wonder whats going on off the ice, in the dressing room.

I hope the team is in a slump. But my fear is that the team is just not a good team. You expect teams to struggle in the second game of a back-to-back on a long tough trip against a good opponent (like Washington). But there is a difference between struggling and looking like you don't even belong on the same ice. Washington did not run up the score against the Canucks, thanks to Marky and pretty decent defensive play from the Ds. But they never looked like a threat to score. Basically the Canucks have looked bad in every situation this season. They were very fortunate to start the season with 4 wins -- thanks to great goaltending, extra-time wins, and some luck. Since then they have been the worst team in the NHL.

2 hours ago, Stelar said:

I expected more from Loui.  Still early but he looks real slow to me.  One of many disappointments on players I thought would take the next step this year.

I agree that I have been surprised at how slow Eriksson has looked. I did not like the deal when it was signed because I thought the last two or three years would be ugly. But I thought that the first two or three years would be okay. But right now this deal looks bad from the very start. Maybe Loui will pick things up this season, but the length of contract looks like a real problem.

I know there a lot of Benning defenders on CDC, but we can see why he the sports media and the analytics community is so critical of him.

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Nah, just find it hilarious that whatever TO decides to do thats what the media claims Vancouver isn't doing and MUST be doing, otherwise we're idiots.

A few years back we all had to be truculent. Maybe bigger. Oh wait, now tear it all down and put a team of young inexperienced kids together, thats gotta work right?

Of course TO has more young raw offensive talent with 10+ years of crap hockey, but if you haven't checked they are not "better" yet and don't have near the talent on the back end that we do in G or D.

Bo is making big strides playing with Burr. I think a guy like Loui can do the same with a kid like Boeser. Kids need to learn from veteran players, not fellow AHL'rs. 

Lol this guy eh?!  Didn't you know that the best way to build a team is to take 20 years to blow it up, then when you finally do, you bury 10's of millions of dollars in the minors and you give assets away for free.  #asset management.  I don't know about you but this "article" looks like it was written by the same 400 bound loser in his moms basement that hacked Hilary's emails lol..  Herp derp, let's write and article judging long term contracts on under 30 games..

speaking specifically to to our contract on the list.. Yes LE is struggling mightily but you don't judge a 6 year contract on 30 games, well, unless you completely lack any common sense.  Just like Calgary, the teams success relies on the success of a midget.  Could you imagine the hate that Crockster would spew if we had all that money buried, and we're giving assets away like candy?  

On on a side note.. In order to claim something is an article.  Should there be some kind of link?  For all we know this was mashed up by some angry paper bag wearing lunatic ;) 

talk about mad bro 

53 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Didnt read any comments before I made my post... And as always I coulda saved my breath and just gave pluses to all the normal people who apparently took the words oughta my mouth ;) 

Archived