The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duchene and Landeskog could be hitting the market

billabong

30 last year, 9 before that.  He's got 6 this year with a team that's dominating the NHL.. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but we have Horvat and Sutter right now behind Henrik, I don't see where we have room for him.

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

We have played well enough defensively without him or Tanev for over 2 months.

we need offence.. a game changer.

Yup, can't trade Edler (he refuses to waive) so Tanev should be the guy to go.  Tanev for Duchene is very similar to the Larsen for Hall trade, isn't it?

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup, can't trade Edler (he refuses to waive) so Tanev should be the guy to go.  Tanev for Duchene is very similar to the Larsen for Hall trade, isn't it?

It would be, but the problem you have is Colorado doesn't need a RHD, so that basically makes the conversation mute.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

How does JB MAKE Edler waive?

I'm not sure he does, unless he gets Colorado's management team involved to pitch him?  They are further ahead in terms of having  functioning team than we are, although the stats wouldn't necessarily say that.  But who knows where Elders thoughts are on that.

Just now, Type R said:

I'm not sure he does, unless he gets Colorado's management team involved to pitch him?  They are further ahead in terms of having  functioning team than we are, although the stats wouldn't necessarily say that.  But who knows where Elders thoughts are on that.

Can Colorado afford all the broken sticks?  :lol:

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can Colorado afford all the broken sticks?  :lol:

Haha, there is JB's ammo.  "Alex, with ticket sales down, we can't really afford the sticks you are going through.  If you are going to stay here, we are going to need you to chip in on your own hardware"  then that night McKenzie tweets "BREAKING: Alexander Edler to Colorado for Landeskog, Vancouver retains cost on Sticks"

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I wouldn't be oppose of putting Boeser in a package for Duchene and Landeskog. It will have to be some sort of blockbuster trade, that you could only do in NHL games. Something along the lines of Tanev, Sutter, Baerstchi, Boeser, and CBJ's 2nd for Duchene, Landeskog, Gelinas.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nope, because of position and team needs.  Oilers needed a top pair RHD.  Av's don't, they need a left hand D, Tanev isn't a LHD.  Duchene is also a center, centers hold more value.

Player position plays a huge role in what teams are willing to pay.  

28 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Nope, because of position and team needs.  Oilers needed a top pair RHD.  Av's don't, they need a left hand D, Tanev isn't a LHD.  Duchene is also a center, centers hold more value.

Player position plays a huge role in what teams are willing to pay.  

The Avs need a RHD, as Johnson is currently injured and is schedule to miss 6-8 weeks. They have Gelinas and Zadorov, both left handed, playing on the right side.

The Avs want to rebuild a bit on the fly and need a right handed defence. They have a good shot at the top 3 picks. I say let the chaos unfold at the deadline, they may trade Duchene but keep their captain Landeskog and really tank after that.

Let JB go for a home-run trade similar to what he had planned for Reinhart.

Tanev + 1st round pick (likely 4th to 6th overall) + Virtanen + 3rd round pick + Gaunce

for

1st or 2nd overall + Landeskog

Essentially we're hoping Stecher and Gudbranson are the real deal with a trade like this, and really expect Subban to produce at the NHL level too. 

With the top pick I'd say we nab Hirschier, he's the perfect guy for this team going forward to replace Hank and become that top line. He's at least 2-3 years away from that, by when Horvat, Boeser, Baertschi, Granlund and Landeskog will still all be around their prime. This sets up our lineup for 2-3 years away:

Baertschi - Hirshier - Landeskog

UFA - Horvat - Boeser

x - Sutter - Hansen

x - x - x

Hutton - Gudbranson

Juolevi - Stecher (soon to be our top pairing)

Sbisa - Subban

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

The Avs need a RHD, as Johnson is currently injured and is schedule to miss 6-8 weeks. They have Gelinas and Zadorov, both left handed, playing on the right side.

Avs are concerned about this year because?  

Zadorov is just showing signs to becoming an actual top 4 D but he will never be an offensive player, And Gelinas is a depth D at best.  What the team could use is a 22-25 year old, left handed D, who plays all around game and can play top pairing minutes.   I wouldn't be surprised if Av's are looking at Ryan Murray from CBJ, who's been supplanted by Zack Warenski.

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The Avs want to rebuild a bit on the fly and need a right handed defence. They have a good shot at the top 3 picks. I say let the chaos unfold at the deadline, they may trade Duchene but keep their captain Landeskog and really tank after that.

No they don't.. Tyson Barrie and Erik Johnson firmly hold down the top 4 on the right hand side.  

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They wouldn't want Tanev or Edler.

They'd want Hutton/Juolevi+

They'll want to build around MackDaddy, this years pick, and maybe Gabe?

They'll want youth coming back since they have a young core.

Sbisa is still young.  

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They wouldn't want Tanev or Edler.

They'd want Hutton/Juolevi+

They'll want to build around MackDaddy, this years pick, and maybe Gabe?

They'll want youth coming back since they have a young core.

How about Hutton and tanev?

assuming Edler won't budge.

Archived