The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duchene and Landeskog could be hitting the market

billabong

12 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Those would be just future lines. In the mean time we'd still have plekanec, Rodin edler, eriksson Hansen dorsett. Which would make us just as competitive as we currently are. 

This is the reason Benning said he is not moving guys like Burrows and Hansen and the Sedins their intangibles mean more as role models for young guys than what they would get back as trade bait in the form of draft picks and prospects since they are not getting a good young player back for any of the NTC guys.

I think people are really undervaluing Landeskog. He is only two years older than Horvat, and the youngest captain in NHL history. He has four 20 goal seasons under his belt (would have 5 if not for the lockout) including one year with 65 points. He also brings size & physical play. While not quite a "star" I would say he is a very good 1st line LW. 

I would love to see a top line in 2 or 3 years of Landeskog - Horvat - Boeser. 

If it was Landeskog for Tanev & Baertschi I would do that trade in a heartbeat. If we were sitting top three in the west maybe not, but where the team is at now it would be a good trade for both teams. I doubt Colorado does it. They seem to be the one team with an abundance of RH dmen (Johnson & Barrie). 

The only 1-1 player they would consider is Horvat. We would have to likely package a couple of our top prospects. I don't think Hutton & Virtanen would get it done. It would have to be Juolevi & Virtanen, which I wouldn't go near. 

I wouldn't mind us picking up Soderberg, he and Eriksson had a pretty epic bromance back in Boston. 

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Duchene neigh!, Landeskog yay!

Landeskog brings a valued type of game, fits our age group and fills a need at LW.

Idk if the price would be worth it though.

We need Duchene more, and we could get a guy like Kane for a lot less than Landeskog. 

10 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I think people are really undervaluing Landeskog. He is only two years older than Horvat, and the youngest captain in NHL history. He has four 20 goal seasons under his belt (would have 5 if not for the lockout) including one year with 65 points. He also brings size & physical play. While not quite a "star" I would say he is a very good 1st line LW. 

I would love to see a top line in 2 or 3 years of Landeskog - Horvat - Boeser. 

If it was Landeskog for Tanev & Baertschi I would do that trade in a heartbeat. If we were sitting top three in the west maybe not, but where the team is at now it would be a good trade for both teams. I doubt Colorado does it. They seem to be the one team with an abundance of RH dmen (Johnson & Barrie). 

The only 1-1 player they would consider is Horvat. We would have to likely package a couple of our top prospects. I don't think Hutton & Virtanen would get it done. It would have to be Juolevi & Virtanen, which I wouldn't go near. 

I wouldn't mind us picking up Soderberg, he and Eriksson had a pretty epic bromance back in Boston. 

Soderberg would be a good pick up, but who do we give up going back to other way?  Granlund?  Do we have cap space?  

I think Landeskog could be had for a up trade other than Horvat, Boeser or Juolevi. 

We one defender that should absolutely be traded prior to the expansion draft. One of Tanev, Edler, Sbisa or Gudbranson. With Hutton, Stecher and Trymakin making a case for a top 4 spot, we need to make room. 

There are playoff teams that would love to aquire some top four playoff depth that is more than a rental. 

A three way trade would be a possibility. Say Montreal gets Edler, trades a prospect (Juulsen and a first?) to the AV's and unloads a cap dump in Vancouver. Vancouver adds their 2nd to the AV's and Landeskog heads our way. 

So in Summary, Montreal gives up Juulsen and their 1st to Colorado and a cap dump to Vancouver. Montreal gets Edler (we may have to add). 

Colorado gives up Landeskog and gets Juulsen, a 1st and a high 2nd. 

Vancouver gives up Edler and their second, not CBJ's and takes on a cap dump from Montreal. We land Landeskog. 

EW

ps the following link was accidentally added, but if you want to know how to save your pets life, read on. 

Couple points:

1/ Tanev is a RHD (AVs have Barrie + Johnson)

2/ When the thought of moving either Douche or Landy came up at the beginning of the season, a lot of teams were more willing to see how their own players panned out (why trade for something when you might already own it)...but now...there will be a lot more potential trading partners...drives price up (probably beyond what we could comfortably afford).

3/ One of our most valuable trading pieces is that 2017RD1...but it's in a year that's not as deep as past 2...and then there's that pesky cap thing...

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Duchene neigh!, Landeskog yay!

Landeskog brings a valued type of game, fits our age group and fills a need at LW.

Idk if the price would be worth it though.

I'm curious to know how Landeskog's game is more "valued" thank Duchene's. 

Keep in mind the Canucks are desperate for top tier Centers. 

if people really want landeskog and duchene let's put together a realistic package of top tier younger players so the avs consider trading

i think the package has to include bo, one of hutton, tryakim, gud, 1st overall in 2017, virtanen, and erikssson (to make the salaries work).  We'd also need to take two garage players from the avs to balance out the bodies being moved so the avs do not have to give up  any additional roster spots for this trade. I think that this trade still might be a bit lopsided in favour of the nucks.

Archived