The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does the line get drawn

spiderxxman

1 hour ago, spiderxxman said:

when do they realize this core needs to be rebuilt. All we did was pick up useless parts. Its like rebuilding the top end of a car but leaving the bottem end old and broken. Common let's go for Nolan patrick

Last draft shows how much of a crap shoot the lottery is.  Don't get your heart set.

1 hour ago, spiderxxman said:

when do they realize this core needs to be rebuilt. All we did was pick up useless parts. Its like rebuilding the top end of a car but leaving the bottem end old and broken. Common let's go for Nolan patrick

I think they realized, with a similar mindset of yours on resources, that they will have to wait a couple more years until they can afford the the whole top and bottom of the engine. But by all means yeah wtf they doing?! Easily should've done garrison, hamhuis, corrado, Kesler for Crosby malkin +++ 

1 minute ago, Nigerian said:

I think they realized, with a similar mindset of yours on resources, that they will have to wait a couple more years until they can afford the the whole top and bottom of the engine. But by all means yeah wtf they doing?! Easily should've done garrison, hamhuis, corrado, Kesler for Crosby malkin +++ 

Now you're on the something! I vote you for new GM 

17 minutes ago, J-23 said:

The way Colorado has been playing, it dose not look like we are going to get Nolan Patrick :(

The way the draft lottery is set up, the odds that the 30th place team picks first is only 20%.  That means, there's an 80% chance that they don't get the first pick.  

The worst team probably doesn't get 1st pick.  How screwy is that?

11 minutes ago, HowYaDrouin said:

Only 2 ways the Canucks rebuild/re-tool.

1. Sedins ask to go to a contender, then it gets broken down to the core.

2. When the Sedins contract ends and they retire.

Absolutely correct.  Fans need to accept that this season and the following is the last hurrah of the old core. The rebuild will then kick into full gear and we can expect some pretty bad seasons until new pieces fall into place around Horvat Boesser and Juolevi and hopefully Demko.  The team will look nothing like it does now.  For those hoping for a burn it down ala TO just wait...Winter is coming and it's going to be a bitch for anyone under twenty five that hasn't experienced a cycle like this yet. Fairweather fans will drop like flies.  

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Absolutely correct.  Fans need to accept that this season and the following is the last hurrah of the old core. The rebuild will then kick into full gear and we can expect some pretty bad seasons until new pieces fall into place around Horvat Boesser and Juolevi and hopefully Demko.  The team will look nothing like it does now.  For those hoping for a burn it down ala TO just wait...Winter is coming and it's going to be a bitch for anyone under twenty five that hasn't experienced a cycle like this yet. Fairweather fans will drop like flies.  

My worry is Eriksson, in 2 years it wont be any better and he will be a big expensive contract from a guy wont cant produce anymore.

The Canucks need to deal with him sooner then later or they are hooped. I doubt Eriksson has much interest in "mentoring the youth". Not to say that he's not a good leader but he's not Shane Doan.

3 minutes ago, HowYaDrouin said:

They did this for a short period a few years back but it was much worse. People spammed threads every 15 seconds to get to the 100 posts so they could create a thread.

good point.

maybe a thread filter might work - might to too much work for mods, but if they went into a cue where mods could pass or dispense with the junk I wonder if that would work.

Archived