The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller PIMs

Canada Hockey Place

Not saying there is anything to this, but just thought this was an interesting stat.... Ryan Miller has 22 penalty minutes so far this season in 21 games played.

• The highest total for a goalie in the league.
  • Highest last season was Quick with 18PIM over 68 games. 
  • Ryan Miler had 26PIM total prior to this season, over approx 12 seasons. 
  • 21GP/22PIM = 1 minute penalty per game played. 

Crazy right?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Weren't they all just from the TOR fight?

I appreciate his love for the thug life. Glad someone on this team has some grit.

Even just a good old hockey hit... Canucks must be one of the worst teams for hitting, I think Tryamkin is our only player in top 100.

8 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Even just a good old hockey hit... Canucks must be one of the worst teams for hitting, I think Tryamkin is our only player in top 100.

And Gudbranson. Also for hits per game, Dorsett and Biega are to be included with those two.

4 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Dorsett and Hansen haven't played many games but they are always good for lots of hits.

Hansen has less hits/hits per game than Skille, Gaunce, Megna and Chaput this year.

I think he got all 22 penalty minutes from that game against the leafs

miler.png

2 minutes for leaving the crease

10 minute game misconduct

10 minute game misconduct against Matt Martin

That explains the 22 minutes of penalties.

Fun Fact:

Most penalties by a goalie in one season:

#1: Ron Hextall - 113 PIM

#2: Ron Hextall - 104 PIM

#3: Ron Hextall - 104 PIM

Just watched this video, I understand now why he 1,2 and 3 on the list:

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

And he's no Ron Hextall 

No but he gets it done.

There is no telling the injury Stecher might have taken but for Miller's intervention. If we are to change the image of this team we need more guys in the team who react like Miller, Hansen and recently Tryamkin.

That is still the only question mark I have over Bo's future captaincy and why I am edging towards Tryamkin.

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

No but he gets it done.

There is no telling the injury Stecher might have taken but for Miller's intervention. If we are to change the image of this team we need more guys in the team who react like Miller, Hansen and recently Tryamkin.

That is still the only question mark I have over Bo's future captaincy and why I am edging towards Tryamkin.

Edging towards Tryamkin for what? Captaincy? :blink:

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

When Ryan friggin' Miller is your toughest player, you know the team's GM has a lot of work left to do.

Seriously, Miller was the closest player and the first to notice what was going on.  This was evidence of a group of players who has bonded well and is looking out for each other.  

The man is built like a rake if you see him in shorts and a t-shirt.  Miller knows that he's beating up nobody but at least he got that big goof off of little Stecher.

11 hours ago, J-23 said:

I think he got all 22 penalty minutes from that game against the leafs

miler.png

2 minutes for leaving the crease

10 minute game misconduct

10 minute game misconduct against Matt Martin

That explains the 22 minutes of penalties.

Fwiw one of the two game misconducts got rescinded by the league the next day otherwise he would have faced an automatic two-game suspension.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Yes, why not?

A captain's job is to communicate with his team, officials, the media and be the face of a team. You're proposing we appoint a guy who doesn't speak English as his first language the team captain? It would be a train wreck. He's shown up out of shape, uncommitted and so far has predominantly put himself in front of the team. I'm not saying that makes him a bad person or a bad player and I think he has a bright future in this league if he puts in the work but he is VERY much still a work in progress.

17 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Not saying there is anything to this, but just thought this was an interesting stat.... Ryan Miller has 22 penalty minutes so far this season in 21 games played.

• The highest total for a goalie in the league.
  • Highest last season was Quick with 18PIM over 68 games. 
  • Ryan Miler had 26PIM total prior to this season, over approx 12 seasons. 
  • 21GP/22PIM = 1 minute penalty per game played. 

Crazy right?

giphy.gif

That's what happens when you get a third man in penalty. All I can say is good on him for protecting an undersized rookie. Big thumbs up to Miller.

7 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Seriously, Miller was the closest player and the first to notice what was going on.  This was evidence of a group of players who has bonded well and is looking out for each other.  

The man is built like a rake if you see him in shorts and a t-shirt.  Miller knows that he's beating up nobody but at least he got that big goof off of little Stecher.

Miller is nearly fearless, always has been, but he cannot be counted on to intimidate the opposition.  The Sabres tried that one year and the whole league stomped all over them for it.  That's how John Scott became a Sabre.  They traded the wimps for picks and young players while Scott kept the "peace" on the ice.

The Canucks aren't known for their toughness, so they most definitely need to be more aggressive.  The skinny as a schoolgirl goalie can't be in your top 3-5 tough players.

Archived