The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TL: No situation where we mortgage future to make playoff push

ftmN

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

When it was happening I didn't think so either but then a bunch of teams started tanking and I reviewed his moves that didn't make sense and combined with what he was saying and Tort's was saying, there was a push on to get good, fast.

Then those moves made sense.

Sort of like now, why on earth would TL admit he lied that they knew the team needing a total rebuild but they were going to delay it for 4 years? That makes no sense either, but that's what they are doing. I wonder if there is another 13/14 yr old franchise kid on the horizon somewhere, Europe maybe. Other than that is it so other teams get a turn being in the playoffs?

IMG_1008.GIF

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

When it was happening I didn't think so either but then a bunch of teams started tanking and I reviewed his moves that didn't make sense and combined with what he was saying and Tort's was saying, there was a push on to get good, fast.

Then those moves made sense.

Sort of like now, why on earth would TL admit he lied that they knew the team needing a total rebuild but they were going to delay it for 4 years? That makes no sense either, but that's what they are doing. I wonder if there is another 13/14 yr old franchise kid on the horizon somewhere, Europe maybe. Other than that is it so other teams get a turn being in the playoffs?

I have close to two decades of prospect magazines in the house.  Mostly they help with fantasy hockey.

12 hours ago, appleboy said:

Magazines?

What are they?

The Hockey News propesct mags as part of the subscription and then fantasy mags which usually have a chapter on the next wave coming in.  THN usually has a bio on the top hundred prospects and then a chapter on the next wave as well as IIHF scout rankings.  Fantasy mags usual assortment of McKeens the Forecaster and Hockey The Magazine. 

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tryamkin is loved by the fan base, and sells tickets.  People look forward to watching him play.  No way JB trades Tryamkin.  Tanev should be traded for coming picks, but JB won't.  

Being loved by the fan base didn't save Eddie Lack :(

3 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Hansen?

I think you are very close to the truth.

To think, how he has gone from nearly zero to hero and role model over the years is nothing short of remarkable.

He, as well as Burrows, has shown, what heart and dedication can lead to, and thats something most can relate to. 

5 hours ago, DSVII said:

Yes, but Tram's ceiling has a very high potential right now. Eddie's ceiling was never recognized with this potential by management or the fans.

Tanev or Sbisa should be their only 2 options on D, unless the Elder releases his NTC. Here's hoping...

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

I think you are very close to the truth.

To think, how he has gone from nearly zero to hero and role model over the years is nothing short of remarkable.

He, as well as Burrows, has shown, what heart and dedication can lead to, and thats something most can relate to. 

Well said spook. 

I think that when people talk about tryamkin and Horvat as fan favorites they are thinking about hope for the future. However at the time what Hansen and like you said burrows have accomplished for his team is outstanding 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, DSVII said:

Jacob Markstrom was in the pipeline and possesses the same skill set as Eddie Lack.

What defenseman on the Canuck's roster can bring the physical presence combined with the vastly improving mobility and on ice vision that Nikita has?

Archived