The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WD's bone head line deployment

Hortankin

Me and sooooooo many others have been very upset over what I feel is terrible use of players. Not even just at the end of the game but throughout the entire game.  After not having Bo Horvat out in the final minutes of tonight's game I feel WD has to be fired. Fire him, let the assistant take over, trade vets, hand the torch over to Bo, and let the tank set in. 

So let's start a thread and discuss every bone head move WD makes until he's fired. We will never win a cup with Willie he belongs in the AHL

4 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Me and sooooooo many others have been very upset over what I feel is terrible use of players. Not even just at the end of the game but throughout the entire game.  After not having Bo Horvat out in the final minutes of tonight's game I feel WD has to be fired. Fire him, let the assistant take over, trade vets, hand the torch over to Bo, and let the tank set in. 

So let's start a thread and discuss every bone head move WD makes until he's fired. We will never win a cup with Willie he belongs in the AHL

Maybe Willie is the Tank Commander and intentionally trying to lose games for this club.......

1 minute ago, goblix said:

another fire willy thread, i understand the ire but maybe you should find the previous hundred threads and post your comment in that? 

Anyways just ride this out make the change in the offseason. 

This is to call out his terrible line deployment. Did you read before stating your irrelevant opinion?

How can this incompetent get away for now 3 years in a row in a CANADIAN city where we should know our hockey is beyond me. No doubt he'll be back again next year for season number 4. In any other Canadian city the organization would be under tremendous pressure from the media and the fans to get rid of him while here everybody's taking a nap.Very frustrating indeed because this team has potential.   

6 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

This is to call out his terrible line deployment. Did you read before stating your irrelevant opinion?

Oh that's rich! Pot, meet Kettle. 

Willie definitely leaves me scratching my head with a lot of his deployment decisions, but I honestly don't think he should be fired. This season really isn't salvageable anyway, so why fire him and make the organization look bad? We've already seen a few bad teams use their coaches as scapegoats this season, and their ish still stinks in the after math. Let Willie ride his contract out until the summer. No one could steer this team to playoffs right now. 

5 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I read these same comments in the other 3 threads. You say it's a thread about his terrible line deployment but proceed to jump on a soap box and preach that Willy needs to be fired and belongs in the AHL

15 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

You say to "start a thread to discuss WD" I pointed out that there are 3+ that have been started to discuss such things already.

/shrug I'm done mini-modding anyways. I don't really want to get arguing just prefer to see less redundant threads.

Line deployment is like play calling in football... when you have a bad team the fans can endlessly pick it apart but when you have a good team you look like a genius. 

Not saying he's perfect (or that there's no such thing as poor line deployment or play calling) but it's more often than not low hanging fruit that benefits from "grass is greener" reasoning for losing teams. 

In other news, Willy seems to have found the right buttons to push to keep the team playing hard as well as developing the younger guys on the roster.

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I was driving and missed this one.... was Bo not out at the end of this game down a goal?

Bo wasn't out at the end of the game when we were down one goal, and from what I heard he only had 1 shift in the last 3 minutes.

28 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I think WD has got to go, but he is our best bet for a higher draft pick. WD is the tank. It was and never will be our season this year, but next year, with a fresh coach and the youth infusion well underway, good things will come. 

WD is the tank. 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

:blink: 

wow, OK, then. Please don't tell me Megna was. 

No Megna, It was Sedins, Sutter and I think Eriksson (Not 100% sure on Eriksson). I personally would've went with the Horvat line and Granlund. The Horvat line was our hardest working line, plus Granlund, who had a great game.

10 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I was driving and missed this one.... was Bo not out at the end of this game down a goal?

The Granlund-Sedin line got scored on so he then changed to the Horvat line with 2min to go until 18:47.  WD then went with the 1st PP unit & Edler when he pulled Miller.  Granlund was in for Stecher initially but then changed at 19:07.  The rest is visible on the play-by-play below. 

298 3 EV 18:00
2:00
GOAL BOS #88 PASTRNAK(25), Wrist, Off. Zone, 31 ft.
Assists: #46 KREJCI(24); #54 MCQUAID(4)
C

C

L

D

D

G
C

R

L

D

D

G
299 3 EV 18:00
2:00
FAC BOS won Neu. Zone - VAN #53 HORVAT vs BOS #37 BERGERON
C

R

L

D

D

G
C

C

R

D

D

G
300 3 EV 18:15
1:45
HIT VAN #23 EDLER HIT BOS #88 PASTRNAK, Neu. Zone
C

R

L

D

D

G
C

C

R

D

D

G
301 3 EV 18:37
1:23
SHOT BOS ONGOAL - #25 CARLO, Wrist, Neu. Zone, 84 ft.
C

R

L

D

D

G
C

C

R

D

D

G
302 3 EV 18:51
1:09
SHOT VAN ONGOAL - #23 EDLER, Wrist, Neu. Zone, 92 ft.
C

C

C

L

L

D
C

C

R

D

D

G
303 3 EV 18:52
1:08
HIT VAN #20 SUTTER HIT BOS #33 CHARA, Off. Zone
C

C

C

L

L

D
C

C

R

D

D

G
304 3 EV 19:14
0:46
MISS VAN #33 SEDIN, Slap, Goalpost, Off. Zone, 41 ft.
C

C

L

L

D

D
C

C

R

D

D

G
305 3 EV 19:29
0:31
SHOT VAN ONGOAL - #20 SUTTER, Snap, Off. Zone, 30 ft.
C

C

L

L

D

D
C

C

R

D

D

G
306 3   19:29
STOP GOALIE STOPPED,VISITOR TIMEOUT
C

C

L

L

D

D
C

C

R

D

D

G
307 3 EV 19:29
FAC BOS won Def. Zone - VAN #33 SEDIN vs BOS #37 BERGERON
C

C

L

L

D

D
C

C

R

D

D

G
308 3 EV 19:57
0:03
SHOT VAN ONGOAL - #22 SEDIN, Wrist, Off. Zone, 36 ft.
C

C

L

L

D

D
C

C

R

D

D

G
309 3   20:00
0:00
PEND Period End- Local time: 3:42 EST
C

C

L

L

D

D
C

C

R

D

D

G

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

No Megna, It was Sedins, Sutter and I think Eriksson (Not 100% sure on Eriksson). I personally would've went with the Horvat line and Granlund. The Horvat line was our hardest working line, plus Granlund, who had a great game.

Thanks. Well, that's something at least :lol: Its a weird time of year, so many happy when we win, so many happy when we don't. 

Archived