The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jannik Hansen Has Presented Management With a 8 Team List

7 minutes ago, goblix said:

Hansen has great speed, and many intangibles that are highly useful in the playoffs.

great contract too easy to fit a 20ish goal high energy PKer that makes 2.5m on the cap.

I think all teams in playoff contention would be interested.

I said in another thread you couldn't find a much better fit than Pittsburgh or Minnesota for Hansen. Although Minnesota has a couple more intriguing pieces than Pittsburgh, so I'd try and work a deal with them if they're on Hansen's list.

It's funny, I get the sense that people actually believe guys with term left on their contract aren't worth much because of the expansion draft, when in reality that couldn't be farther from the truth. 

Every year teams pay an arm and a leg for soon to be UFAs. But unlike those UFAs, teams have an opportunity to recoup some of their losses after the season (before the expansion draft) with players like Hansen. If a team trades for Hansen and isn't going to protect him, you can bet that there will be other teams out there that are willing to trade for him and protect him, thus recouping some of their losses. It's just bad business to let an asset go for nothing and you can bet teams will be looking at every avenue possible.

So let's say a team like Pittsburgh offers up their 1st round pick and has no intentions of protecting Hansen. I'm pretty sure some other team would be willing to offer at least a 3rd rounder and a B prospect for him. That would be a steal for Hansen and neither team has anything to lose by making that trade. 

So I think people are undervaluing Hansen on CDC. He's still an asset at seasons end to whatever team we trade him to. 

This is Pouliot's last season waivers-exempt.  Keep in mind he still cannot make the Penguins roster, and over guys like Justin Schultz.

If you are the Penguins and believe you need Hansen to make a second cup run, do you fire out a first and a prospect to get it done or sit on your hands and let someone else?  What's a cup worth?

30 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

This is Pouliot's last season waivers-exempt.  Keep in mind he still cannot make the Penguins roster, and over guys like Justin Schultz.

If you are the Penguins and believe you need Hansen to make a second cup run, do you fire out a first and a prospect to get it done or sit on your hands and let someone else?  What's a cup worth?

Pouliot is also a former player of Green if you wanted to read between the lines there.

On 2/14/2017 at 0:17 AM, Hoosierdaddy said:

Hansen is worth whatever someone will pay. The trade deadline is littered with 'bad' deals where teams gave up far too much for far too little. At the very least Hansen is a great pro and has a great contract. He can play up and down the line up and do a good job. He has legit value. While I think a 1st is unlikely, you never know. I think a couple of seconds might be more likely however. 

Most recent bad deal that everyone should know is when Washington gave up a top six forward in Forsberg for Erat. Oh how Washington wishes they could have that deal back

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

He's certainly come a long way since Edmonton, but where is Pouliot in their plans... was injured but only 7 games with the Pens this year.

I can't say I've watched him at all this year but his AHL stats don't look great for the type of d-man he was projected to be. Remember a few years back when we salivated at the thought of him coming to Vancouver in a Kesler deal?

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I can't say I've watched him at all this year but his AHL stats don't look great for the type of d-man he was projected to be. Remember a few years back when we salivated at the thought of him coming to Vancouver in a Kesler deal?

I think that was because at the time most of us didn't know who Hutton was, didn't have Juolevi or Tryamkin coming up and didn't a D prospect of Pouliot's potential in the system. Mind you he still has good potential, but not like it was then. It would be fun to see a Pouliot - Subban pairing for the rest of the season though. 

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

Then if you think about it, we could use either Pouliot or Hutton in a seperate trade to get either Landeskog/Duchene, or someone else like that. 

MTL is going to go balls for Duch. They should.

Get Sprong or Guentzel. I don't think they need to be protected and both are solid offsensive forward prospects. One of them and a 1st would be a good return.

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

MTL is going to go balls for Duch. They should.

Get Sprong or Guentzel. I don't think they need to be protected and both are solid offsensive forward prospects. One of them and a 1st would be a good return.

I don't think you'd get that much but even just Hansen for one of them straight up wouldn't be bad. Anything on top of that would be gravy imo.

Adding a guy like Pouliot to our D-corps would pretty much set us up for the next 5 or so years

Tanev Hutton

Gudbranson Juolevi

Stetcher Tyramkin

Pouliot  - Im assuming Edler is gone

As much as I think Pouliot still has a lot of potential, rather than a 2nd round pick from another team that would be a great fit for Hansen which is the Blackhawks, I'd take a 3rd and Alex Debrincat, that kids small but sure knows how to put the puck in the net, big time. Either way, rather than getting a high pick, I'd rather take a slightly lower pick and a pretty nice prospect thats a bit older with upside

Archived