The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't care about any other aspect, beating the F-Lames is like receiving a 12 year old bottle of bourbon unexpectedly. Or your in-laws going on a 3 month trip (well maybe thats my issue).

We matched up well, were not pushed around and worked hard for a win. Thats a good day. It doesn't change the decisions coming up since it was a 3 point game but it was nice to see. 

I love how Bo is developing into the heart of the team, and Tryamkin is making me giddy. Enjoy this one folks, there may not be many more like it this year if Benning gets good offers next week. 

5 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Benning is clueless. Done some nice things seemingly by luck but obvious decisions elude him. 

That's pretty harsh.

Despite some of the criticisms with in-game play at least this team is set up better than it was a few years ago. Maybe it could be better yet? Who knows but as it stands there is a future with some promise. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I don't care about any other aspect, beating the F-Lames is like receiving a 12 year old bottle of bourbon unexpectedly. Or your in-laws going on a 3 month trip (well maybe thats my issue).

We matched up well, were not pushed around and worked hard for a win. Thats a good day. It doesn't change the decisions coming up since it was a 3 point game but it was nice to see. 

I love how Bo is developing into the heart of the team, and Tryamkin is making me giddy. Enjoy this one folks, there may not be many more like it this year if Benning gets good offers next week. 

Please keep you in-law issues to yourself. My in-laws are not yours.

41 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Canucks fans are shockingly short on hockey knowledge and are disgraceful. I get so sick of the hate for this team byou their so-called fans. Hate for the GM, the President, the coach and any player not named Horvat, Stecher and Tryamkin. The Sedins had a decent game tonight. Robbed on a cross crease feed at the the end of a PP and Danny made a perfect pass for the winner. No, they're not what they were, but they're a hell of a lot better than anything we have in Utica.

The majority of the negativity is driven by the media. I listened to Patterson asking Willie D questions after the game....everything has a negative connotation....I am not sure who he paid off to get a job back. He is quickly putting himself in Botch category.

2 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

That's pretty harsh.

Despite some of the criticisms with in-game play at least this team is set up better than it was a few years ago. Maybe it could be better yet? Who knows but as it stands there is a future with some promise. 

Maybe but I'm not sure how. Some better injury luck and better splits on back to back games and the F-Lames might be chasing us, but given all the issues I'm pretty proud of this group, they don't quit. 

Just now, the_impersonator13 said:

The majority of the negativity is driven by the media. I listened to Patterson asking Willie D questions after the game....everything has a negative connotation....I am not sure who he paid off to get a job back. He is quickly putting himself in Botch category.

Bingo. Our local media really sucks. If they're not taking about their personal golf game they look to generate negativity. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Let the chips fall where they may.

Honestly even if we continue to lose we'll end up 28th at best, which knowing how things go we'll end up with a 5th or 6th pick. Whoopdie freakin do!

I'd rather them make an honest push and take the 10-15th pick if it comes to it.

I'd rather they pull a Winnipeg. Try hard, and get an awesome pick.

I'd also like to see the entertainment of Willie in the Playoffs with Megna and Chaput on the first line. In the same way I kind of want to watch a locomotive crash into an empty minivan.

Archived