The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Henrik cost us a point. 2 points if u consider who we gave up a point to. Not impressed  

Hey hank, if ur guna struggle offensively ..... And defensively for that matter , at least dont be an idiot with 2 minutes left.   

Honestly an entertaining, hard fought game, but an almost meaningless victory because Calgary gets a point.

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

We win a game based on a long lucky floater. Otherwise we could have seen a 0/0 tie. Just the kind of hockey I want to watch for the next 10 years. Are we becoming the Devils?

If this is what we can look forward to then count me out.

I thought it was a fantastic game all around by both teams. It could have easily been a 4-3 game if the goalies took the night off. 

1 hour ago, 1-d said:

Well you can't really complain about that when the guy has given all he had to the team, carrying them on his shoulder for more than a decade. If he plays like he's done the only option is not playing him or trading him, and we know how that'll work out.

The real problem is those who haven't done much (and likely won't be either) but stlill getting paid handsomely just for suiting up. There are just too many freeloaders on this team right now whom the coach loves. Go figure.

I was being pretty hard on him. Unfair really. He's obviously a great guy but I'm seeing a lot of half efforts lately on the defensive side. In my mind, the captain has to be better in that area at least. Age will wither the offensive flair. The D however, must show leadership. Just not seeing it. 

We win a game based on a long lucky floater. Otherwise we could have seen a 0/0 tie. Just the kind of hockey I want to watch for the next 10 years. Are we becoming the Devils?

They disallowed the Bo goal, which should have counted.

Didn't the Devils won 3 cups in 5 cup finals?  I will trade for any one of them.

14 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

I was being pretty hard on him. Unfair really. He's obviously a great guy but I'm seeing a lot of half efforts lately on the defensive side. In my mind, the captain has to be better in that area at least. Age will wither the offensive flair. The D however, must show leadership. Just not seeing it. 

I really don't think those are half ass efforts. I think the game is just too fast for twins. And that happens to a lot if guys. They were never fast to begin with and their bodies have taken a beating over the years. It's not that they aren't trying. They just can't keep up anymore. Unfortunately we have to deal with it for another season. 

I guess you don't remember how a long lucky floater in this rink can completely turn a team's fortunes around?

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

This is pretty much par for the course in the new NHL..Airtight trap hockey..Keep the score close..Anyone can win...Thats probably why theres so many empty seats at hockey games all across the league.

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Got the W which was huge.  Miller showed his savvy veteran experience held this team in it.

Henrik, Daniel, and Loui, they lack the fine details of the game. The top 3 highest paid forwards looked like fringe players tonight, and are starting to cheat in a lot of aspects in their game.  Not impressed with the 3.  Cant wait til their deals are over and done with.

Well your gonna be waiting 6 years... I like Benning but that signing was brutal.

9 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

This is pretty much par for the course in the new NHL..Airtight trap hockey..Keep the score close..Anyone can win...Thats probably why theres so many empty seats at hockey games all across the league.

A few teams are going the other way though - Boston, Florida have recently changed coaches because they want to play more offensive hockey.  

Boston moved on from Julien because they felt he was too conservative - happy to win the one goal games.  Cassidy on the other hand is telling his players to throw caution to the wind - he wants them to err towards taking more risks than playing it too safe.  

Ekblad cost the Panthers a win by a risky move.  Rowe's answer was to say that it was risky but that he has no problem with it because they don't want to take creativity out of their players.

Nashville is on their way to sell out all their home games this season.  Laviolette wants his players to think offence - he says if you talk defence than that becomes the mindset.  Poile explained that they acquired Subban because he is an exciting player and he too wants to think as a fan.

7 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Miller absolutely carried this sad sack of a team. If the Flames had even a slightly capable offense it would have been a blowout.

Yeah? Well if we had a 1st line worth a damn we would have been home and hosed by the end of the 1st.

And if my Aunt had balls she would be my uncle. 

Our fans it seems, only think our opponents never get a break and can't wait to get on here to tell us.

7 hours ago, Mustapha said:

Really unhappy with this game. If Miller wasn't in net, it would have been a blowout.

All the Canucks looked like they were octogenarians. They were also passing the puck WHEN THEY WERE IN THE SLOT FFS. *NEWSFLASH* -the slot is one of the highest percentage scoring areas...maybe Willie can go over some tape.

It's like they were trying NOT to score.

Seriously, I am sick of this crap. This team is supposed to be 'young', but anchors like Eriksson and crappy no-talent plugs like Noskille, Megna and Chaput are dragging them down. Even Hansen looked slow as $&!# out there tonight.

This could have been a 3-0 or 4-0 win, but the lack of ATTEMPT to finish made it far more painful, and gifted the Flames a point in the process.

I'm sick too.

I'm sick of people who come on here with their twisted agendas telling us we watched a game that we didn't.

Maybe you would have got a clue if you had listened to the co-commentators. 

From your comment I realise you are not quite able to work the game out but it seems all opinions are welcome, even yours.

Lack of "attempt to finish" really? What is that supposed to mean?

Archived