The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

I actually think he'd pair quite well with Horvat (or Gaudette for that matter). 

I see Petterson and Boeser as the two main guys on our eventual/future 1st line, (hopefully with some size/snarl on LW).

____, Pettersson, Boeser

Dahlen, Horvat, Lind/Virtanen

That LW could be Tkachuck this draft, E. Kane this free agency or some TBD other player.

• Like 1

On 2018-02-11 at 12:30 AM, RetroCanuck said:

So your plan is that all of our rookies will make it, demko will play as a #1, we will suddenly get amazing scoring output and every other poor atribute in our game will be magically fixed?

Maybe ownership is right. This fanbase doesn't have patience for a rebuild.

The existing prospect pool is unlikely to positively affect our defence in any significant way.  Of course, with the deep pool of quality D available in this draft, it could have a positive effect a couple of years hence.  Also, getting younger, more skilled and faster at center CAN have a very positive effect own zone coverage.  The zamboni would be a positive change for Henrik in his own zone - so there is that.  I’d rather Demko came up after we have improved our defensive play.

Dahlén got a reward for his importance to the city of Timrå for his dedication to Timrå and what he has Done for Timrå IK aswell as the quote "only a fool with no heart wouldn't stay here in Timrå"

thought it might be Fun to see how loved he is Both by the fans and the political leaders of Timrå 

1 minute ago, ForzaTikare said:

Dahlén got a reward for his importance to the city of Timrå for his dedication to Timrå and what he has Done for Timrå IK aswell as the quote "only a fool with no heart wouldn't stay here in Timrå"

thought it might be Fun to see how loved he is Both by the fans and the political leaders of Timrå 

It’s funny how they came out with those “heart beats for Timrå” Dahlén tshirts even before his quote. It’s like this stuff writes itself. Such a great story.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎13 at 5:25 PM, aGENT said:

I actually think he'd pair quite well with Horvat (or Gaudette for that matter). 

I see Petterson and Boeser as the two main guys on our eventual/future 1st line, (hopefully with some size/snarl on LW).

____, Pettersson, Boeser

That LW could be Tkachuck this draft, E. Kane this free agency or some TBD other player.

Gadjovich, both size and snarl, with a little offensive flare

Is there a reason why he never opted to play in the SHL? He was drafted a year ahead of Elias and playing in a league lower, it would've been nice to see how he matches up in Sweden's top league or even the AHL.

Are there any NHL players who took the same path as him?

Edited by AK_19

10 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

Is there a reason why he never opted to play in the SHL? He was drafted a year ahead of Elias and playing in a league lower, it would've been nice to see how he matches up in Sweden's top league or even the AHL.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Timra used to be in the SHL and was regulated to the Allvenskan and that with the way the team is playing that Dahlen decided to stay with the team and help them re-qualify for the SHL next season as they are one of the top teams.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AK_19 said:

51 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Timra used to be in the SHL and was regulated to the Allvenskan and that with the way the team is playing that Dahlen decided to stay with the team and help them re-qualify for the SHL next season as they are one of the top teams.

^^Basicly this.

Dahlen decided to stay with Timra out of loyalty to his team-mates and fans. (I like what this says about the kid). Timra is a top team in Allvenskan and has a chance for a good playoff run and a chance to get promoted to the SHL.

10 hours ago, AK_19 said:

From My head, there is more aswell but Filip Forsberg and Jesper Bratt went from the Allsvenskan to NHL

26 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

From My head, there is more aswell but Filip Forsberg and Jesper Bratt went from the Allsvenskan to NHL

Not Forsberg - he spent most of his draft+2 in Milwaukee.  He also played in Allsvenskan before expansion. 

He probably could have joined an SHL team right outta the gate this year but because of the Mono he wanted to start somewhere he knew he could get minutes and get back up to speed. At the time it was expected that he’d move up he was the best player on the best Allsvenskan team. He thought it’d be heartless to abandon his teammates mid season to play for an SHL team because the team would definitely suffer without him.

25 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He probably could have joined an SHL team right outta the gate this year but because of the Mono he wanted to start somewhere he knew he could get minutes and get back up to speed. At the time it was expected that he’d move up he was the best player on the best Allsvenskan team. He thought it’d be heartless to abandon his teammates mid season to play for an SHL team because the team would definitely suffer without him.

This.

Dahlen has actually had a pretty fantastic season.

His development hasn't had the same propulsion as Pettersson's, but he's quietly making a name for himself in his own right.
Swedish hockey loves this guy, the SHL has wanted him all year.

I think Canucks fans will soon come to love him too.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, nergish said:

This.

Dahlen has actually had a pretty fantastic season.

His development hasn't had the same propulsion as Pettersson's, but he's quietly making a name for himself in his own right.
Swedish hockey loves this guy, the SHL has wanted him all year.

I think Canucks fans will soon come to love him too.

I have no worries about him, pretty sure he can be a solid mid 6 wingman and a first PP infront of the net player :)

On 2/14/2018 at 1:25 AM, aGENT said:

____, Pettersson, Boeser

Good assessment. I also think Dahlen and Horvat would compliment each other well. Lind also seems like a good fit in terms of skill.

As for 1LW, Virtanen brings size and speed. He doesn't bring much of a snarl as he did in junior. He is better offensively on the LW although he is right shooting. Virtanen may not become a driver of a line, but one day, I think he can become good enough to play amongst two superstars similarly to Burrows.

• Upvote 1