The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preference of Canuck Fans

Adarsh Sant

Team Preferences  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Blue Jackets

Flames

I'm over the whole Bruins hate thing, no point holding a grudge, maybe 3 or 4 players remain from that 2011 series, and not even the coach is still there. Let it go.

Flames are our natural rival, and have been since the early 80's.

I want Torts to win another cup to shut all the haters up, the guy is a good coach, a bit old school and rough around the edges but he has everyone buying in in Columbus. I think him not working out here was more of a function of entitlement issues pissy attitudes of several players on this team.

Although I'm not "cheering" for any other team I'll follow the Sens on their playoff run, the Burrows trade and I have lots of ties to Ottawa.

The team that I've always absolutely despised has always been the Leafs. Their fans, the media, and overall arrogance "centre of the universe" aura I can never get over.

Most Hated Team:  Calgary

Dont even know why there is even a debate about this::D.  No other fan base hates our city and team more than Calgary so I just reciprocate the hate.

If you have any doubts visit their most popular hockey forum and peruse through the multiple (some over 130+ page) threads dedicated to bashing anything related to Vancouver:.  

The one dedicated to the Burrows trade is highly entertaining.   They cant claim that the Canucks lost the trade so they just froth at the mouth while they cry about how Burrows is the worst human in hockey.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6 

15 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Most Hated Team:  Calgary

Dont even know why there is even a debate about this::D.  No other fan base hates our city and team more than Calgary so I just reciprocate the hate.

If you have any doubts visit their most popular hockey forum and peruse through the multiple (some over 130+ page) threads dedicated to bashing anything related to Vancouver:.  

The one dedicated to the Burrows trade is highly entertaining.   They cant claim that the Canucks lost the trade so they just froth at the mouth while they cry about how Burrows is the worst human in hockey.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6 

Yes, Calgary is a stinky city with a loser of a team.  Before Burr was hated, it was Trevor Linden.  Those who live there are jealous of our city and weather.  You don't here about people moving to Calgary to retire, do you?  :lol:

Preference to win:

Ducks - Kesler and Juice

Sens - Burrows

Panthers - Luongo

Sharks - Hansen (and the pick)

Flames will always be the most hated team for me. It makes me sick that they own a 3-1 series record against us in my lifetime of watching the Canucks.

On 2/27/2017 at 8:24 PM, Adarsh Sant said:

I'm interested in learning the preferences regarding the other teams in playoffs this year. Since we aren't going to be in the playoffs this year, I'm wondering which teams you want to win, and which teams you strongly dislike.

I wanted the Caps to win it all because I believe Ovi is the best goal scorer of all-time and IMO he deserves it, but with Burr going to Ottawa I have to change my vote to the Sens. Burr is just too much of a Canuck legend.

As for most hated team? I'd have to go with Boston because of Marchand, but Toronto is a close second.

Vancouver Canucks Playoff Chances

Lost to Detroit 2-3 (ot), playoff odds down 0.1 to 0.4%

Well, not mathematically yet. ;)

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Vancouver Canucks Playoff Chances

Lost to Detroit 2-3 (ot), playoff odds down 0.1 to 0.4%

Well, not mathematically yet. ;)

Well technically yes. However I'd bet my firstborn that we will not make it.

My heart says Sens but my brain says Sharks (I can say I also have a secret crush on Burns, and wish he was ours...shh, I've never said that out loud before).  

Gotta be selfish, it's a cold, cruel world out there and a piece of me has died inside, so I'm looking for a kick in the pants that restores my love for hockey.  First round picks can help with that.  

But, either way I'm ok.

I DESPISE Toronto, but they don't count in my world.  They are dead to me, always have been.  So they're ruled out because the hate removes them from my mind.  They can pretend all they want, but I ain't listening.  I got the Maple Leaf vaccination long ago.

Boston is likely the other "most" hated but they're pathetic.  So, I won't even think about them either.  I will KICK ANYTHING with the word Boston in it.

Calgary.  Too close for comfort.  Despise every single thing about them.  Always, every day.  So I will give them the award.

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

My heart says Sens but my brain says Sharks (I can say I also have a secret crush on Burns, and wish he was ours...shh, I've never said that out loud before).  

I DESPISE Toronto, but they don't count in my world...

On the win answer, similar sentiments minus the Burns crush.

On the lose answer, man, I used to feel bad for the Leafs fans as they actually seemed sad and humble, but now that they have a good team (I actually like quite a bit of their players), the fans' superiority complex (one would think they've been winning for a while now) and the TSN Leafs bias is starting to get annoying.

47 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Gotta be selfish, it's a cold, cruel world out there and a piece of me has died inside, so I'm looking for a kick in the pants that restores my love for hockey.  First round picks can help with that.  

But, either way I'm ok.

I DESPISE Toronto, but they don't count in my world.  They are dead to me, always have been.  So they're ruled out because the hate removes them from my mind.  They can pretend all they want, but I ain't listening.  I got the Maple Leaf vaccination long ago.

Boston is likely the other "most" hated but they're pathetic.  So, I won't even think about them either.  I will KICK ANYTHING with the word Boston in it.

Calgary.  Too close for comfort.  Despise every single thing about them.  Always, every day.  So I will give them the award.

And they have no smoking etiquette! ;) 

CDC'rs still holding a black candle for Boston 6 years on? Really? Might as well hold one for the Isles and Rags as well then, since they both beat the boys in the Finals, too. Seriously, time to let it go. I mean, really, who's thinking about the Boston Bruins? Are they  more responsible than any other team for preventing the Canucks from achieving any success since then? It was 1 hard-fought 7-game series between 2 squads that really don't face each other much. Hardly grounds for a hate-inducing rivalry on a BOS-MTL scale. That CDC'rs still allow the Boston Bruins to grind their collective gears after 6 years suggests that there perhaps might be something wrong upstairs. Misplaced "hate", if you ask me. Especially considering how much more often they face Calgary and Los Angeles every year, with not always favourable results. 

And, there's NO team I'd prefer to see hoist the Cup if the Canucks don't. How can one be a fan of multiple teams? That's crazy. If my preferred team is miserable come Finals time, so am I. I'm certainly not scheming a pick-me-up from bandwagoning off another team for whatever reason. 

Archived